Wyokie! Get ready to leap for joy! (Helmet thread)

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Wyokie wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:Almost as ugly as the 87 License Plates, there is a reason they moved away from that ugly plate.

I miss that license plate. Great year for football at UW btw.

I think the license plate looks nice! Still don't like the stripe :coffee:
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Next someone is going to say they wish all the NFL teams still have the old dated look. There is a reason they say Wyoming like no place on earth. Because it's the only state people are happy living in the past permanently.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Wyo2dal wrote:Next someone is going to say they wish all the NFL teams still have the old dated look. There is a reason they say Wyoming like no place on earth. Because it's the only state people are happy living in the past permanently.
I miss the 1980s Denver logo and Buccaneer Bruce in Tampa.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

This is surprising. All the impressive graphics sent out to recruits, including various helmet/jersey combos....but overall Wyoming is opting for an old school look? Again, not sure how I feel about this. https://twitter.com/mikevorel/status/491682616723009537
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

Wyo2dal wrote:Almost as ugly as the 87 License Plates, there is a reason they moved away from that ugly plate.

I liked those plates. Much better than the current ones.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote:This is surprising. All the impressive graphics sent out to recruits, including various helmet/jersey combos....but overall Wyoming is opting for an old school look? Again, not sure how I feel about this. https://twitter.com/mikevorel/status/491682616723009537
Well that sucks big time.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Brown helmet is dead. Fack. :willybs:
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

Bohl wants simplicity with his team.. doesn't want distractions like a different uniform every week.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

MrTitleist wrote:Bohl wants simplicity with his team.. doesn't want distractions like a different uniform every week.
I agree with Bohl. Now if the rest of FBS would get in line on that. :roll: THIS is why I hate Oregon!!!!!

KISS
Keep
It
Simple
STUPID!!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

And that's fine. Our school colors and brown and gold. Helmet is brown and gold. We're not complicating our lives too much by having one extra helmet that looks awesome. Damn you old farts.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

LasCrucesPoke wrote:And that's fine. Our school colors and brown and gold. Helmet is brown and gold. We're not complicating our lives too much by having one extra helmet that looks awesome. Damn you old farts.
To quote Maxwell Smart from the T.V. series, "Get Smart".....
AND loving it!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

MrTitleist wrote:Bohl wants simplicity with his team.. doesn't want distractions like a different uniform every week.
This is the most distractable group of players ever if different uniforms/helmets are that big of a deal. Got to get with the times. The best of the best all have various looks.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

Boy, if that is really the case we have the weakest minded team in America.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

I mean that in the most reverent of ways, haha.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Cuttslam wrote:
J-Rod wrote:This is surprising. All the impressive graphics sent out to recruits, including various helmet/jersey combos....but overall Wyoming is opting for an old school look? Again, not sure how I feel about this. https://twitter.com/mikevorel/status/491682616723009537
yes..yes it does.....welp....winning will solve all problems but I simply do not understand this. And I'm over 30...... :thumbdown:
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

fromolwyoming wrote:I think he just jazzed in his pants.
Called it!
J-Rod wrote:This is surprising. All the impressive graphics sent out to recruits, including various helmet/jersey combos....but overall Wyoming is opting for an old school look? Again, not sure how I feel about this.<br abp="1020">https://twitter.com/mikevorel/status/491682616723009537
Son of a-

The brown helmet, gold jersey, brown pants combo was my favorite! Made it look all leatherheads style! :(

Someway, somehow, I just know this has to be BYU's fault.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote: The brown helmet, gold jersey, brown pants combo was my favorite! Made it look all leatherheads style! :(

Someway, somehow, I just know this has to be BYU's fault.
I just don't get it...all the innovative stuff in recruiting utilizing Wyoming's various different looks, but ultimately they'll go 80's helmets? This reminds me of Norm Chow bringing back the Rainbow look at Hawaii...it appeases some from the older generation (not all)...but overall won't go over well with fans.

Wyoming has such a unique set of school colors. Restricting the possibilities doesn't help with recruiting.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Cuttslam wrote:
Yup sure does was the best helmet by far and away. Looked so good with the State Flag Steamboat for the Border War. IMO burn the all white and burn that white helmet we never beat anyone wearing that crap lol.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

RIP Its another sad day in Wyoming athletes.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Wyo2dal wrote:.... reason they say Wyoming like no place on earth. Because it's the only state people are happy living in the past permanently.
But remember: The future is like the past -- right up to the point that it isn't.