Wyokie! Get ready to leap for joy! (Helmet thread)

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Larawie
Ranch Hand

At least it's not camo!!
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Heard the players loved the camo! I just didn't like how we wore them all the time it seemed. But that brown helmet with the leather look to it..............too damn nice to not see it at least once! :twocents:
YankPoke
Cowpoke

Another note on uniforms. I have heard rumors for a couple weeks that we would be wearing this helmet. I have also heard we will be wearing brown jerseys from the 86 style and white jerseys on the road. Supposedly with white pants home in road which is god awful. If we go brown jerseys white pants that is the worst jersey combo we have ever had IMO. If we rock these helmets with all white roads and 86 home brown with gold pants I would be happy, but he white pants with brown is worse than the camo.
wyoforever
Buckaroo

I heard the home uniforms will be Brown shirts and gold pants. Away will be white shirts and gold pants.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

wyoforever wrote:I heard the home uniforms will be Brown shirts and gold pants. Away will be white shirts and gold pants.
:thefan:
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

wyoforever wrote:I heard the home uniforms will be Brown shirts and gold pants. Away will be white shirts and gold pants.
I personally like Brown shirts and Gold pants - Home and White-White- Away.
I'm good for 3!
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Cornpoke wrote:
I personally like Brown shirts and Gold pants - Home and White-White- Away.
agree on the white on white....would prefer all gold or all brown
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

Whatever happened to this helmet? I know Hydro Graphics (HGI) made it. Image
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

Is it just me or does the yellow on the stripe not match the yellow surrounding Steamboat?

I really don't care what our uniforms look like (I will say I didn't like the prairie gold era), but whatever we do, like colors should generally match on the color wheel. Even then, if we win, I don't care if we dress in uniforms designed and hand stitched by a color-blind, one-armed, cross-dressing hillbilly from West Virginia.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

White on white away is like an omen to stay away from for UW, Have they ever won a meaningful game in all white? Don't think so.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

VOLS...unless you count the small amount of brown Image

wasn't all that meaningful but a nice win
VisorHair
Ranch Hand

BJC wrote:VOLS...unless you count the small amount of brown Image

wasn't all that meaningful but a nice win
That NB makes me gag

"In this geographical area; Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, and Western Kansas - there's a new Sheriff in town." - Coach Bohl
BJC
A Real Cowboy

agree with you on that!
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

I'm 29 and I love the new helmet. I always thought taking the stripe away made the helmet look a little too plain. When viewed from the front or rear it looks almost like an all-white practice helmet. I have no problem with the team using different color combos, but never again please brown jersey, white pants, and mostly white helmet, brown jersey, gold pants at home, and on the road either all white, or white with brown pants.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

BJC wrote:Heard the players loved the camo! I just didn't like how we wore them all the time it seemed. But that brown helmet with the leather look to it..............too damn nice to not see it at least once! :twocents:
As a cowboy fan and a Vet, I loved the camo. I loved the names being replaced with virtues. I absolutely hate the idea of being dragged back into the stone age of our program because Bohl is a purist. CDC's failure as a coach had absolutely nothing to do with the deal with Nike just as any success Bohl has will have nothing to do with going to one helmet, one home uni and one away uni.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
BJC wrote:Heard the players loved the camo! I just didn't like how we wore them all the time it seemed. But that brown helmet with the leather look to it..............too damn nice to not see it at least once! :twocents:
As a cowboy fan and a Vet, I loved the camo. I loved the names being replaced with virtues. I absolutely hate the idea of being dragged back into the stone age of our program because Bohl is a purist. CDC's failure as a coach had absolutely nothing to do with the deal with Nike just as any success Bohl has will have nothing to do with going to one helmet, one home uni and one away uni.
agreed! I find it crazy that we would be upset over a Nike deal!

*thank you for your service
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Yes thank God the NB days over we can allll agree it's a good thing we moved on from that!
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
jarhead
Ranch Hand

As a Vet, and a father of one of the players I too liked the Camo Unis. I have my son's at the frame shop as we speak! The virtues instead of the names were a nice tribute to our armed forces.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

jarhead wrote:As a Vet, and a father of one of the players I too liked the Camo Unis. I have my son's at the frame shop as we speak! The virtues instead of the names were a nice tribute to our armed forces.
That's so awesome! I missed out on scooping one when they sold them off
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I liked New Balance. Better than being a nobody with Nike.
I'm good for 3!