csu ram fans in cheyenne

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
braves84
Buckaroo

If you guy's were to estimate how many if at all make the trip from cheyenne to fort collins. I didn't realize that Ft. Collins is actually closer to Cheyenne than is Laramie.
Hayduke
Cowpoke

braves84 wrote:If you guy's were to estimate how many if at all make the trip from cheyenne to fort collins. I didn't realize that Ft. Collins is actually closer to Cheyenne than is Laramie.
'bout 35 minutes from my house to Cheyenne. 85 to Laramie. Much quicker and easier to get to than Laramie.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Not only is it short but it's much safer both during day and night as well as pretty much all year around. I use to drive to Ft Collins every weekend ( Cheyenne nightlife, or lack thereof sucked ass. ) but driving up to Laramie I had to really want to make that drive. Many times I would get outside of Cheyenne to have gusting winds bad weather stop me before I could even get moving that direction.

I would say any CSU fans in Cheyenne should probably make games far more often to Ft just because of that alone.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

braves84 wrote:If you guy's were to estimate how many if at all make the trip from cheyenne to fort collins. I didn't realize that Ft. Collins is actually closer to Cheyenne than is Laramie.
I am confused what your questions relates to. If it is discussing the amount of CSU fans in Cheyenne, then it is not many. Few graduates from Cheyenne high schools attend CSU and relatively few CSU graduates work and live in Cheyenne.

If your question relates to how many Cheyenne residents travel to Fort Collins for various shopping and dining reasons, then the answer is quite a few. Just look at the parking lots in Old Town and other Fort Collins establishments and you are sure to see numerous Wyoming county 2 plates.
WyoExpat
Cowpoke

I know of a few CSU alumni who either did or do live in Cheyenne. I even see some people wearing CSU paraphernalia around town. I certainly see more Nebraska Cornhuskers gear around, but I do not know how much of that is bandwagon gear, how much belongs to to alumni, and how much is just folks who live in Nebraska (but never attended UNL) and are shopping in Cheyenne.

I do not know how many make the trip to Ft. Collins for games. In my experience, it is probably a function of the same variables as apply to UW alumni living in Cheyenne. I know that we can get both UW and CSU games on the radio here in Cheyenne.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Just generally speaking here, but if someone who was interested in college football and living in Cheyenne but didn't really have a favorite team, they would probably end up cheering for Wyo and CSU because of the proximity to both. Then as time went you would probably end up choosing one over the other. Which one? Depends on whether you felt that "Wyoming Pride" that people feel, or if you would rather just drive 20 minutes to CSU instead of an hour to Wyo.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Cheyenne is about equal distance between Laramie and Fort Collins. Just to prove the point:

Cheyenne -> Fort Collins 46.3 Miles
https://goo.gl/maps/Uc4xY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheyenne -> Laramie 50.6 miles
https://goo.gl/maps/LpjEa" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Obviously the mileage will depend on where you start in Cheyenne and where you end up in the other city. Weather is always a factor and it is usually worse going over the mountains to Laramie than down the plains to Fort Collins.

Its also why its usually a wash to travel to Denver via Fort Collins or Cheyenne. Its a few more miles through Cheyenne, but the time is the same. The factor is usually the weather. I80 and I25 are both priority snow plow routes for Wyoming. 287 is a secondary priority. It is also a North South route and the wind origionates in the west making visibility tougher more often than not.

As for CSU grads in Cheyenne and Wyoming for that matter - there are some - there are just far more Wyoming grads here. I've known a few WYO undergrads that went to grad school at CSU and vice versa. CSU isn't a bad university to get an education at - they are just a bunch of ******** that deserve to lose in every sport.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

Equal travel distance sure but not even remotely close to equal time distance. The only way you can get to Laramie that fast is during mid summer when no way would weather impact the trip. Once the weather starts changing I can still make Ft Collins in 45 mins no way I can travel the pass in 45 mins during as light as a windy day.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

WyoExpat wrote:I even see some people wearing CSU paraphernalia around town.
When I see such folks - I usually give them a "suck it sheep" greeting. Bastards. :tickedoff:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

OH...

Anyone from (or making home in) Cheyenne that commits to being a CSewe fan, especially because of travel, is a f-word.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Cheywypoke
Ranch Hand

I see quite a few people sporting CSU gear in Cheyenne. Most of them are hanging out at the homeless shelter. One even told me that the homeless shelter even lets him wash his clothes in "hot" water.
PCB
Ranch Hand

Driving from Cheyenne to the stadium in Laramie is much shorter that driving to the stadium in Ft. Collins....time wise and mile wise.
Larawie
Ranch Hand

PCB wrote:Driving from Cheyenne to the stadium in Laramie is much shorter that driving to the stadium in Ft. Collins....time wise and mile wise.
...and patience-wise. Ft. Collins traffic is a clusterf**k!