What's great about cowboy football?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

BeaverPoke wrote:
LasCrucesPoke wrote:I think it's pretty respectful most of the time, but things get pretty rough between the students which I'm sure is the case in most rivalries. Living in Denver now I've come to terms with dealing with CSU, and we're friendly about it. Nobody cares too much about CSU around here so its not a big deal. I actually have more WYO grads working in my office than CSU grads. BYU on the other hand...

I just spent 5 years in Laramie as a student and the rivalry is not heated between the students.
It might have been 10 years ago, but it isn't now. The rivalry exists on WyoNation and RamNation.

I've heard so many great stories about how awesome it used to be but since both programs have been in the dumpster for so long, no one cares. Do CSU students even know about the Bronze Boot? Or do they care more about the CU game?
Or are they too stoned to even make it to the game?
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
LasCrucesPoke wrote:I think it's pretty respectful most of the time, but things get pretty rough between the students which I'm sure is the case in most rivalries. Living in Denver now I've come to terms with dealing with CSU, and we're friendly about it. Nobody cares too much about CSU around here so its not a big deal. I actually have more WYO grads working in my office than CSU grads. BYU on the other hand...

I just spent 5 years in Laramie as a student and the rivalry is not heated between the students.
It might have been 10 years ago, but it isn't now. The rivalry exists on WyoNation and RamNation.

I've heard so many great stories about how awesome it used to be but since both programs have been in the dumpster for so long, no one cares. Do CSU students even know about the Bronze Boot? Or do they care more about the CU game?
Or are they too stoned to even make it to the game?
Kinda like how ours are too drunk to make it to the game.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Hayduke
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:

I hate to say it, but I think they care more about the CU game. But, that's not so incredibly bad. That's their first game of the year, so they have time to gear up for the Pokes game, provided it becomes more meaningful than it has in the past. That's what I'm hoping to see. :D
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

BeaverPoke wrote:The rivalry exists on WyoNation and RamNation.
There is no rivalry with RamNation.. their website runs on software made in the 90s.. no competition.
ImageImageImageImage
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

MrTitleist wrote:
There is no rivalry with RamNation.. their website runs on software made in the 90s.. no competition.
Wyonation is a far superior message board in terms of format yes, but I was alluding to that the Sheep fans over on Ramnation and the Poke fans here on Wyonation are the only groups of people that care about the Bronze Boot.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

BeaverPoke wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:
Wyonation is a far superior message board in terms of format yes, but I was alluding to that the Sheep fans over on Ramnation and the Poke fans here on Wyonation are the only groups of people that care about the Bronze Boot.
Well, this last year was a good opportunity to expand it here, but we all know how that went.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

MrTitleist wrote:
McPeachy wrote:Surprised nobody yet has mentioned...

Getting a handjob in the alley behind the Buckhorn, next to the dumpster. A bucket list item. An E Ticket attraction.
Note to self: Go to Buckhorn next month. Avoid McPeachy's advances.
You most certainly either...

1. Misunderstood my getting a handjob - versus me giving a manjob

2. Are wishful thinking, which I hear Montana can do that to a fella
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
StarValleyPoke
Buckaroo

GoPokes wrote:Hello folks :D

Been lurking for awhile. Moving to Laramie soon and getting excited about some UW football. Spent four years in the stands at every Texas A&M home game (way before SEC and Manziel madness). Then graduate school had me pulling for Texas Tech and later Oklahoma State. All of these institutions have strong support for their football programs and a bit of the underdog/scrappiness/toughness that I sense UW has (although Texas A&M no longer plays second fiddle to Texas).

Anyways, given the football programs I have supported I am pumped about watching UW cowboy football and seeing what UW does in the Bohl era.

With all that being said, what do you all think is great about UW football? Cool traditions, game day atmosphere, War Memorial etc? Also, how does the UW football atmosphere compare to other colleges you have associated with?

Feel free to throw out what you like about Laramie and Wyoming in general.

Go pokes
One of the things that people who don't primarily cheer for Wyoming have pointed out to me is how cool it is to interact with the players before and during the game. On the end zones you can touch 'em (although you shouldn't) Good luck interacting with your team's players 30 minutes before a game in a 50,000 seat stadium. You can't get within 50 feet of them in most places at that point. I think that's pretty cool and pretty unique among most stadiums.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

McPeachy wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:
McPeachy wrote:Surprised nobody yet has mentioned...

Getting a handjob in the alley behind the Buckhorn, next to the dumpster. A bucket list item. An E Ticket attraction.
Note to self: Go to Buckhorn next month. Avoid McPeachy's advances.
You most certainly either...

1. Misunderstood my getting a handjob - versus me giving a manjob

2. Are wishful thinking, which I hear Montana can do that to a fella
:lol: :lol:
ImageImageImageImage