CSU's new stadium fundraising is not going so well...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

I think they still build something to salve over Moonshine's enormous ego, but it may just break them. I see an erector set design (or the continued polishing of the Hughes turd) and/or hefty bonding obligations on the horizon. The folks that have not dosed up on Kool-Aid over on Ramnation are raising some pretty profound questions. Jacko could be leading the Sheep over a cliff...pun absolutely intended.

http://www.coloradoan.com/story/news/lo ... /13131695/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

I think no matter - they still get it done. I hope they get it done. It will improve UW - especially a Burman led UW.

That said, for all the CSewe fans that think this new stadium automatically springs their poop school into another conference - I laugh my ass off at you! Not gonna happen!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

I agree - they get something done - but I think it will be drastically less fancy than the initial roll out. If that happens, it may actually give the do-nothings at UW another excuse to be conservative and, well, do nothing.

I also agree that those at CSU that see a new stadium as a way to the bigs are going to be disappointed. The Power conferences, at least I think, will never add unless they see BIG upside. I actually see the Power boys kicking some of their own dregs out before they add.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

LawPoke wrote:The Power conferences, at least I think, will never add unless they see BIG upside. I actually see the Power boys kicking some of their own dregs out before they add.
Absolutely 100% agree! People (in most circles / discussions) haven't thought that far through expansion and what it entails. The "growth" in the power 5 conferences will come with subtraction before addition. Just makes way more sense.

Using some lame numbers - there is a huge difference in 10 teams splitting $500,000,000 versus 16 teams splitting $500,000,000. That is 20 million reasons to have a 10 team conference instead of a 16 team conference...
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...