Video position breakdown from the CST....

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
theman12
Buckaroo

kdwrightuwyo wrote:He has tweeted that he's going to RS or something this year, as he's been told Stu's got kicking duties this year.

Also, that 61 harder was at sea level...
Is it harder to kick at sea level or easier? I don't know anything about kicking.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

theman12 wrote:
kdwrightuwyo wrote:He has tweeted that he's going to RS or something this year, as he's been told Stu's got kicking duties this year.

Is it harder to kick at sea level or easier? I don't know anything about kicking.
Paging Cornpoke
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

Not easier or harder necessarily but the ball is supposed to travel farther at altitude (i.e. homeruns at Coors Field)
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

WYO1016 wrote:
theman12 wrote:

Paging Cornpoke
The ball will fly further in thinner air which is why anytime a team comes in with a good punter they have 60+ yard punts. It has far less of an impact with field goals because air drag will change with the velocity and the degree angle of the ball when it is kicked.

That is what I've read from people that have kicked in higher altitude, It's more beneficial for punters which is why I'm always shocked when we don't see 60+ yard punts from our own punters.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

Higher altitude at same temperate will make ball travel. Let's not start this again
W-Y, Until I Die!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

djm19 wrote:for those who don't follow Mike Vorel at the Tribune, I suggest you do it. We haven't had a beat reporter like this in a very long time. He cranks out so many stories about the team as well as former players. He won't be here many years. He will get a bigger gig somewhere else.
He's making me consider paying for the digital subscription to the website, just so I can read his Wyoming football articles.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

joshvanklomp wrote:
djm19 wrote:for those who don't follow Mike Vorel at the Tribune, I suggest you do it. We haven't had a beat reporter like this in a very long time. He cranks out so many stories about the team as well as former players. He won't be here many years. He will get a bigger gig somewhere else.
He's making me consider paying for the digital subscription to the website, just so I can read his Wyoming football articles.
You have to pay to read his articles?
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

VIDEO: 2014 Wyoming Football Preview - Defensive Line

WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

joshvanklomp wrote:
Pro tip: Install the ad block pro extension on your browser. It'll block the pop-up that has the paywall info.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

The starting 4+1 (Appleby/Olive) I'm not too worried about. It's the guys behind them that are the true question mark.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

2014 Wyoming Football Preview - Linebackers

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

2014 Wyoming Football Preview - Cornerbacks

Larawie
Ranch Hand

POKE FAN wrote:VIDEO: Wyoming Football Fall Camp Preview - Tight Ends

I mentioned durin' Spring Ball that I felt this would be one of the more interestin' positions to watch. Why else would CB bring in a new TE coach? Sounds like, from the announcer's perspective and what he heard from the coaches, we'll see a lot more action from these guys.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

I know our lines are a question mark, but I'm a little more optimistic than our previews. First, the MWC is really down and there just isn't that much firepower in the whole thing. Secondly, it wasn't like we had fantastic lines to begin with. I might even argue that they couldn't get a lot worse.

We relied heavily on Smith. Can Bohl's offense spread that responsibility enough to make the team compensate for the loss of the player?

We will do better than expected this year.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Larawie wrote:
POKE FAN wrote:VIDEO: Wyoming Football Fall Camp Preview - Tight Ends

I mentioned durin' Spring Ball that I felt this would be one of the more interestin' positions to watch. Why else would CB bring in a new TE coach? Sounds like, from the announcer's perspective and what he heard from the coaches, we'll see a lot more action from these guys.
DC didn't do much with the TE position anyways. He basically tried to use them as a possession reciever than a blocker/reciever combo.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

VIDEO: 2014 Wyoming Football Preview - Safeties