Beadles donates $750 K to Utah

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
StarValleyPoke
Buckaroo

Legerski's son in law right? I'd love Herron or Huff to get that big second contract and do something like this for UW. I get the impression some of these guys really didn't like their time there it was just a necessary stop en route to the NFL. Anybody have any insight on how our NFL alumni feel about UW?

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... -utah-utes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

StarValleyPoke wrote:Legerski's son in law right? I'd love Herron or Huff to get that big second contract and do something like this for UW. I get the impression some of these guys really didn't like their time there it was just a necessary stop en route to the NFL. Anybody have any insight on how our NFL alumni feel about UW?

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... -utah-utes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Based on?

I think Tashaun enjoyed his time....tried to get his brother to come to Wyoming like Marcel did to him. Unfortunately, our last HC wasn't very cordial and didn't offer the younger Gibson. Not sure about the others. I remember Theo Ratliff donated some coin to UW.
StarValleyPoke
Buckaroo

I guess I got the impression, perhaps mistakenly, that Tashaun didn't like his time in Laramie or maybe was annoyed with DC. Maybe I'm dead wrong. With guys like Floyd and Wendling I wish I knew if they had been able to donate some back or not. Prosinski is right there at the end of his first contract so hopefully he can cash in.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

I have read, and I don't remember where, that Gipson didn't want his youngest bro to play for DC. Also heard that other former players, who aren't in the NFL, have persuaded their you gets to not play for DC, too
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Kind of interesting thought. I don't know the ins and outs of the donation train, but Utah has been extremely lucky ot have so many good players go through their program. Number 1 drafts picks in football and basketball, etc. I live outside of SLC and the players give back to the program often. Too bad the only ones that make the news are the big ones. Maybe we have players giving back what they can, but reality is, we just don't have the volume in the NFL like a Utah does.

When I was at USU Bouknight always had his UW shorts on. Even around campus. I guarantee that if one of our assistants had a fellow MWC team color on, we would be mad. But, when it is the other way around, I was okay with it.

He doesnt make enough where he is able to donate probably.

Beadles is at 6 million per year.

Wendling is at $900k per year.

Gipson is at $480 per year

Floyd is at $3.8M per year

Not sure about Novacek or older players.

Beadles gave more than Gipson's salary for two years. Unfortunately, until we get a UW player in that pay bracket, we will probably not see huge donations coming back....

I think a lot of players at UW are proud to be Cowboys forever. But...... many of them fall under the old NCAA commercial, "There are over 380,000 student athletes, and most of us go pro in something other than sports."
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Gibson's salary should go up soon. He went from being invited to the Browns training camp to being the starting safety...and is becoming a very good player.

I remember reading that Malcom has donated to Wyoming.
StarValleyPoke
Buckaroo

Thanks for the heads up on guys like Malcolm. He's a prime candidate for who I'm talking about. Came to UW kind of as a last resort from California, lit it up, has had a productive NFL career and donated back. I needed to hear that. Good points on salary as well. Hopefully Tashaun gets some of that Flying J money on his next contract and we can take a picture of him giving Bohl a Happy Gilmore-sized check.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

I remember a twitter post when Gibson said DC was a "sometimes guy." Whatever that means.

Malcom was a great player and even better person. :twocents:
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 230 times

StarValleyPoke wrote:Thanks for the heads up on guys like Malcolm. He's a prime candidate for who I'm talking about. Came to UW kind of as a last resort from California, lit it up, has had a productive NFL career and donated back. I needed to hear that. Good points on salary as well. Hopefully Tashaun gets some of that Flying J money on his next contract and we can take a picture of him giving Bohl a Happy Gilmore-sized check.
Actually Malcom had other offers and picked Wyoming! As I understand, Malcom's parents wanted to send him to either CSU or Wyoming as a safe place and Malcom picked Wyoming. I believe it was well known that Malcom was a great athlete before he came to Wyoming. Oh and I believe that Malcom has a brother named Malcolm but that Wyoming never recruited Malcolm.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 230 times

Oh and Malcolm Floyd was also an NFL player. I heard that Malcolm actually named Malcom :lol: :lol:
VisorHair
Ranch Hand

JimmyDimes wrote:
StarValleyPoke wrote:Legerski's son in law right? I'd love Herron or Huff to get that big second contract and do something like this for UW. I get the impression some of these guys really didn't like their time there it was just a necessary stop en route to the NFL. Anybody have any insight on how our NFL alumni feel about UW?

Based on?

I think Tashaun enjoyed his time....tried to get his brother to come to Wyoming like Marcel did to him. Unfortunately, our last HC wasn't very cordial and didn't offer the younger Gibson. Not sure about the others. I remember Theo Ratliff donated some coin to UW.
Yeah, Tashaun hated DC. Hence why he deterred his brother from UW.

"In this geographical area; Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, and Western Kansas - there's a new Sheriff in town." - Coach Bohl
ProudWYOAlum
Ranch Hand

I know that Derrick Martin, John Wendling, Mitch Unrein, and Chris Prosinski are all big Wyoming supporters today. I don't believe Tashaun is any different, just sour grapes from the DC era.

Many of the former greats like Jay Novacek, Marcus Harris, and Ryan Yarborough still visit UW as much as they can.

This shouldn't be a shock... Wyoming gave all of them their opportunity to accomplish what they did.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

Bad investment Zane!

Granted, he played at Utah when playing at Utah meant something more.

Wonder who the new football coach will be next year when Assingham gets the axe? McElwaine? DeRuyter?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote:Bad investment Zane!

Granted, he played at Utah when playing at Utah meant something more.

Wonder who the new football coach will be next year when Assingham gets the axe? McElwaine? DeRuyter?
McElwain is interesting, but in all reality if you were Utah, wouldn't you want someone with a bit more experience? Sure he had OC duties at Bama, and he has been the HC at CSU for a few years, but he has yet to get a firm grasp on all the Colorado recruits. If I was a BCS school hiring from a non-BCS school I would want to make sure that coach dominated his time at the non-BCS school like Washington did when they hired Peterson from Boise. McElwain is just too raw still.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.