Tevis Bartlett Update

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

The only consistent in recruiting is inconsistency. We're talking about 17-year old's...nobody truly knows what is going on inside of their heads, or what their motivations are.

And just because a player is the best recruit in the state doesn't mean he'll stay home. Even Power-5 schools lose top recruits in their own state. For example, the top recruit in the state of Washington for the class of 2015 is a 4-Star, Top-10 rated QB who is headed to.........Washington? Nope. Washington State? Wrong again.....he is headed for Boise State. Go figure. Expect the unexpected in recruiting.

That's not say Tevis won't go to UW, only that even Alabama could lose the top kid in their state to someone else.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
ProudWYOAlum wrote:Honestly we all want him to commit to Wyoming and play for the home state. Oregon will wow him with their shiny helmets and facilities.

If he does come to Wyoming than it's a huge victory for the current staff, huge.

If he does end up at Oregon or Stanford it will be tough for him to crack playing time before his redshirt sophomore year if he doesn't transfer.

He can have a more instantaneous impact in front of his family at UW. Pretty simple.

The basketball staff seems to be pulling some recruits away from the power house schools... Hopefully football can follow the trend.
There is absolutely no way to say that with 100% conviction. Brett Smith was not supposed to sniff playing time his first year and we all know how that went. There is no reason why Tevis can't make an immediate impact at a school other than Wyoming.
Fine...but all of what you write is useless to me.

Should Tevis Bartlett choose to play college football at another school outside of the gorgeous town of Laramie, Wyoming, I would have no real interest in following his collegiate career.

None.

All the best to him...but I could not care less about his progress...or lack thereof.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

DocHolliday wrote:
ProudWYOAlum wrote:Honestly we all want him to commit to Wyoming and play for the home state. Oregon will wow him with their shiny helmets and facilities.

If he does come to Wyoming than it's a huge victory for the current staff, huge.

If he does end up at Oregon or Stanford it will be tough for him to crack playing time before his redshirt sophomore year if he doesn't transfer.

He can have a more instantaneous impact in front of his family at UW. Pretty simple.

The basketball staff seems to be pulling some recruits away from the power house schools... Hopefully football can follow the trend.
There is absolutely no way to say that with 100% conviction. Brett Smith was not supposed to sniff playing time his first year and we all know how that went. There is no reason why Tevis can't make an immediate impact at a school other than Wyoming.

Should Tevis Bartlett choose to play college football at another school outside of the gorgeous town of Laramie, Wyoming, I would have no real interest in following his collegiate career.

None.

All the best to him...but I could not care less about his progress...or lack thereof.
You should not be proud of that. A grown man pouting like a baby at the actions and choices of high school football player. Nice. You sound like a BYU fan.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

DocHolliday wrote:

None.

You should not be proud of that. A grown man pouting like a baby at the actions and choices of high school football player. Nice. You sound like a BYU fan.
WYOMING.

Or nothing.

I make no apologies.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

DocHolliday wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:

None.

WYOMING.

Or nothing.

I make no apologies.
Theres a difference between being a dedicated fan and being a whiny bitch. You're leaning towards the latter.

"Wah Wah Wah! We haven't been relevant in decades but you better stay here and play with us or you're a pussy and not good enough for us anyways you coward. All good players should stay and if they leave they really aren't that good after all." - DickHolliday
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

By the way, I've added a NEW Producer to my SHOW...a tried and true WYOMING boy by the name of, Cody Tucker.

Follow the sumbitch right here: https://twitter.com/sewyopoke" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ProudWYOAlum
Ranch Hand

J-Rod wrote:The only consistent in recruiting is inconsistency. We're talking about 17-year old's...nobody truly knows what is going on inside of their heads, or what their motivations are.

And just because a player is the best recruit in the state doesn't mean he'll stay home. Even Power-5 schools lose top recruits in their own state. For example, the top recruit in the state of Washington for the class of 2015 is a 4-Star, Top-10 rated QB who is headed to.........Washington? Nope. Washington State? Wrong again.....he is headed for Boise State. Go figure. Expect the unexpected in recruiting.

That's not say Tevis won't go to UW, only that even Alabama could lose the top kid in their state to someone else.
CU and CSU lose the top 4-5 kids in their home state every year.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

ProudWYOAlum wrote:
J-Rod wrote:The only consistent in recruiting is inconsistency. We're talking about 17-year old's...nobody truly knows what is going on inside of their heads, or what their motivations are.

I don't care about CU nor CSU.

I care about WYOMING.

And in this sparsely populated state, when we get a talent like Bartlett?

He stays.

Period.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

DocHolliday wrote:
ProudWYOAlum wrote:

I care about WYOMING.

He stays.

Period.
Or goes to Florida
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:
ProudWYOAlum wrote:

I care about WYOMING.

He stays.

Period.
Or goes to Florida
Or any other relevant school...
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:
ProudWYOAlum wrote:

I care about WYOMING.

He stays.

Period.
Or goes to Florida
Are you not part Oregon State fan?

Just asking...
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:
ProudWYOAlum wrote:

I care about WYOMING.

He stays.

Period.
Or goes to Florida
Sorry, but we're more than relevant -- and we'll be becoming much more relevant over the next 5 years.

WYOMING.

Or nothing.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

DocHolliday wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:
ProudWYOAlum wrote:

I care about WYOMING.

He stays.

Period.
Or goes to Florida
Sorry, but we're more than relevant -- and we'll be becoming much more relevant over he next 5 years.

WYOMING.

Or nothing.
HAHAHA :rofl: Maybe in the next 5 year but certainly not right now. You really are delusional.

Look. I am a cowboy fan, always will be. But I am also a realist. I won't miss a home game this year and may even make the CSU game. But I will not kid myself or anyone else by saying were anything close to relevant. WERE NOT EVEN RELEVANT IN OUR CONFERENCE. Yet. We will be. But we don't have a track record to attract big recruits, in state or out. If you can't understand that, you probably shouldn't be talking to anyone about sports. On the internet or the radio.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

DocHolliday wrote:

Just asking...
Yep I am. Will be a student there this fall.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

DocHolliday wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:
ProudWYOAlum wrote:

I care about WYOMING.

He stays.

Period.
Or goes to Florida
Sorry, but we're more than relevant -- and we'll be becoming much more relevant over he next 5 years.

WYOMING.

Or nothing.
HAHAHA :rofl: Maybe in the next 5 year but certainly not right now. You really are delusional.

Look. I am a cowboy fan, always will be. But I am also a realist. I won't miss a home game this year and may even make the CSU game. But I will not kid myself or anyone else by saying were anything close to relevant. WERE NOT EVEN RELEVANT IN OUR CONFERENCE. Yet. We will be. But we don't have a track record to attract big recruits, in state or out. If you can't understand that, you probably shouldn't be talking to anyone about sports. On the internet or the radio.
You make my argument for me.

A track record.

That begins somewhere.

That can begin with, Tevis Bartlett.

Now.

You're welcome...
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:

Just asking...
You're not in Laramie anymore? Starting Grad School?
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:

Just asking...
All the best to you in Corvallis...
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

BeaverPoke wrote: Yep I am. Will be a student there this fall.
Have fun BP. Glad it worked out that you made it to Corvallis.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

DocHolliday wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:
ProudWYOAlum wrote:

I care about WYOMING.

He stays.

Period.
Or goes to Florida

WYOMING.

Or nothing.

A track record.

That begins somewhere.

Now.

You're welcome...
In what universe does a school build a legacy, after having none for decades, by landing the best recruits? God you're dumb. Thats not quite how it works. You have to be good to attract good. I don't think your new producer will help. You clearly are not terribly intelligent when it comes to sports.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

DocHolliday wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:
ProudWYOAlum wrote:

After this I'm finished with you...I'll instead allow someone else to expose your inept arguments that have no basis.

Listen jerky, how in the f-word do you get good to begin with if you cannot convince some, you know, good players, to come and play for you?

If you're going to make every game this year please let me know where I can find you beforehand -- so I may find you and knock the living poop out of you before I head inside to see the game.

Me?

I can be found every day at: 315A West Lincolnway, Cheyenne, Wyoming.

Stop by and let me know how you feel in person.

I care about WYOMING.

He stays.

Period.
Or goes to Florida

WYOMING.

Or nothing.

A track record.

That begins somewhere.

Now.

You're welcome...
In what universe does a school build a legacy, after having none for decades, by landing the best recruits? God you're dumb. Thats not quite how it works. You have to be good to attract good. I don't think your new producer will help. You clearly are not terribly intelligent when it comes to sports.
Last edited by DocHolliday on Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.