I got some inside info on helmets...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Dutchnation
Ranch Hand

I am very confident that we will see the brown helmets this year. I can't reveal my source but I have been told that we will be using those helmets again. I think this is great news. I still believe the traditional white helmet will be used the majority of the time. However, after what I heard today I am 100% confident that the browns will be used again.

Go pokes
VisorHair
Ranch Hand

They're going to be used as practice helmets for sure - Situational purposes.

"In this geographical area; Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, and Western Kansas - there's a new Sheriff in town." - Coach Bohl
Dutchnation
Ranch Hand

That makes sense. Hopefully not what my source meant. I guess we'll see.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

VisorHair wrote:They're going to be used as practice helmets for sure - Situational purposes.
The white ones or the brown ones?
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

Love the brown helmets and if we use em again great...if not, in Craig Bohl we trust.
Dutchnation
Ranch Hand

Wyokie wrote:
VisorHair wrote:They're going to be used as practice helmets for sure - Situational purposes.

He was referring to the brown ones. But I still believe they will be used in a game this fall.
Dutchnation
Ranch Hand

DocHolliday wrote:Love the brown helmets and if we use em again great...if not, in Craig Bohl we trust.

Agreed!!!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Hope you're right Dutchnation. Hard to win recruiting battles without a little flash.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:Hope you're right Dutchnation. Hard to win recruiting battles without a little flash.

Why would you say that J-Rod? Lol....here we go again...

jerseys don't win us games!
recruits like them!
they don't matter!
they matter!
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Dutchnation wrote:
Wyokie wrote:

He was referring to the brown ones. But I still believe they will be used in a game this fall.
Oh, O.K. I got confused there for a sec.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
BJC
A Real Cowboy

BeaverPoke wrote:
J-Rod wrote:Hope you're right Dutchnation. Hard to win recruiting battles without a little flash.

Why would you say that J-Rod? Lol....here we go again...

jerseys don't win us games!
recruits like them!
they don't matter!
they matter!

Haaaaaa
VisorHair
Ranch Hand

Wyokie wrote:
The brown ones, sorry.

"In this geographical area; Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, and Western Kansas - there's a new Sheriff in town." - Coach Bohl
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Hope thats true. I like the idea of using predominately the old school look but once or twice a year for special occasions to have something special to bust out.
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

Sweet.
52-56
YankPoke
Cowpoke

Any word on if state flag steamboat will still be used or csu game?
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

TSpoke wrote:Hope thats true. I like the idea of using predominately the old school look but once or twice a year for special occasions to have something special to bust out.
I honestly have no problem with using different helmets for special events like 9/11 remembrance, military appreciation, or a big rivalry like the Bronze Boot. I just hate seeing a team go thru 12 different helmets a year like Oregon does.

Just have a standard helmet for say, 8-9 games a year
different helmets for 2-3 games for special events

That would be a good compromise between the geezers and the recruits of today.

Hope that makes sense to you all. :D
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Wyokie wrote:
TSpoke wrote:Hope thats true. I like the idea of using predominately the old school look but once or twice a year for special occasions to have something special to bust out.
I honestly have no problem with using different helmets for special events like 9/11 remembrance, military appreciation, or a big rivalry like the Bronze Boot. I just hate seeing a team go thru 12 different helmets a year like Oregon does.

Thats what I like too. I have been argueing for multiple helmets in the other thread but my only point was why not use whats at your disposal. I like having one main home and away kit(sorry caryover from world cup) but have something special to suprise people every now and then. It is cool to walk into the stadium and be shocked to see the team in something unexpected.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

We really only have two helmets.. brown and white. It's just the helmet sticker that changed every week..
ImageImageImageImage
VisorHair
Ranch Hand

Wyokie wrote:

The worst part about the exuberant amount of helmets is the safety issue. They aren't ever fully broken in.

BJC
A Real Cowboy

Ensuring proper fit......not much breaking in to a helmet