Anticipating Cowboy Football

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

The less than stimulating performance of the Colorado Rockies has made it easy for me to turn my attention to the coming football season. More to the point, to the Wyoming Cowboys and the arrival of new head coach Craig Bohl. It just doesn't seem logical to be thinking college football while the calendar still says July, but there has been little temptation to spend a lot of time and effort on the Colorado Rockies. There have been some brief moments of interest in the Rockies season, but those have been few and far between. I'm not giving up on the baseball season by any means, but right now it is taking a back seat in favor of the upcoming college football season.

In particular, the upcoming University of Wyoming football season with a new head coach and staff in place and a fresh atmosphere surrounding the program in Laramie. As a North Dakota product, I still have contacts in that state, and everything I hear about Craig Bohl is very positive. I like the fact that the new Cowboy head coach brings head coaching experience to his new challenge. He has been a successful head coach which is in contrast to some former Cowboy coaches. Wyoming fans were excited about the arrival of new coaches like Fred Akers and Bill Lewis, who didn't bring any head-coaching experience along with them. Certainly both were bright young men, but they were not acquainted with the Wyoming situation and history. Things didn't work out well in either case, but I can't help thinking it will be a different scenario with Craig Bohl.

Rest of story here: http://www.casperjournal.com/columns/ge ... 437a1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;