Wyoming Fall Camp 2014

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Dutchnation
Ranch Hand

I would be curious to know how Bohl and his staff would compare his NDSU team from last year and our team this year? Clearly, his Bison were very good last year with a great QB. From his reaction after the scrimmage he was doing all he could to contain his excitement. He had "coach speak" on full throttle. I didn't hear too much talk (positive or negative) regarding th O-line play (did I miss something??). So all in all sounds like this team is progressing nicely. For some reason, I was always skeptical when CC or Glenn talked about how well things are coming together before the season would start, but with Bohl I feel like he has a little better grasp on reality. I could be wrong.
VisorHair
Ranch Hand

Dutchnation wrote:I would be curious to know how Bohl and his staff would compare his NDSU team from last year and our team this year? Clearly, his Bison were very good last year with a great QB. From his reaction after the scrimmage he was doing all he could to contain his excitement. He had "coach speak" on full throttle. I didn't hear too much talk (positive or negative) regarding th O-line play (did I miss something??). So all in all sounds like this team is progressing nicely. For some reason, I was always skeptical when CC or Glenn talked about how well things are coming together before the season would start, but with Bohl I feel like he has a little better grasp on reality. I could be wrong.
I'm curious about his comparison too - not sure we'll ever get one but I'm dying to know.

"In this geographical area; Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, and Western Kansas - there's a new Sheriff in town." - Coach Bohl
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

I'd also like to hear what the players think after this camp vs. DC camp. Where they think they are compared with last year. More than just conditioning. Things like blocking scheme..easier or harder. Defense philosophy. .??
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

ragtimejoe1 wrote:I'd also like to hear what the players think after this camp vs. DC camp. Where they think they are compared with last year. More than just conditioning. Things like blocking scheme..easier or harder. Defense philosophy. .??
Most of the players have already expressed that on their twitter accounts and some expressed it in youtube interviews.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

https://twitter.com/mikevorel/status/501115218659790849 Former Wyoming walk-ons Simpson, Van Maanen earn scholarships

By definition, the walk-on's life is an anonymous one.

Whereas each college football team needs its stars, it also requires the silent, hard-working, invisible masses. The walk-ons do much, and ask little. They are the voluntary foot soldiers, willing to sacrifice time and health to wear a jersey and represent a school -- if only in grueling early morning practices.

The walk-on expects no reward, and usually, he isn't granted one.

But every once in a while, the tireless work pays off.

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... a1b82.html
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Wyo2dal wrote:
Most of the players have already expressed that on their twitter accounts and some expressed it in youtube interviews.
I should have said a non-pc version. The real unfiltered version of what the players think. Not necessarily what they tell media.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
I should have said a non-pc version. The real unfiltered version of what the players think. Not necessarily what they tell media.
I think when Rufran & Olive both said they felt like they wasted the last two years it speaks volumes that this teams conditioning was pretty bad under DC. But ya I would live to hear true feelings not sugar coated.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Wyo2dal wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
I think when Rufran & Olive both said they felt like they wasted the last two years it speaks volumes that this teams conditioning was pretty bad under DC. But ya I would live to hear true feelings not sugar coated.
It certainly explains a lot. I think Brett Smith only got better because he was always training and worked out with NFL QBs, though he regressed as the season went on while under DC.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Smith has alluded to his his footwork and stuff going to crap because DC kept telling him "faster faster". He knew his form was crap, but he was trying to please the coach. One season under Bohl in an offense where he had to learn to read a defense would have done wonders for him...but that's another dead horse to kick.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

kdwrightuwyo wrote:Smith has alluded to his his footwork and stuff going to crap because DC kept telling him "faster faster". He knew his form was crap, but he was trying to please the coach. One season under Bohl in an offense where he had to learn to read a defense would have done wonders for him...but that's another dead horse to kick.

Yeah DC doesn't have the greatest result with his star college QBs succeeding in the NFL.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Wyo2dal wrote: I think when Rufran & Olive both said they felt like they wasted the last two years .
It was May and Olive not Rufran.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

https://twitter.com/rpgagliardi/status/ ... 3594725376 UW fall camp – Day 15

Monday marked the last of five two-a-day practices, and the players were in shoulder pads and shorts Monday morning.

It also was the first practice since last Saturday’s scrimmage, and a day off for the players. But first-year coach Craig Bohl said some players were late to breakfast and he had to get on them prior to practice.

http://wyomingcowboysblog.com/2014/08/1 ... #more-7288
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

More scouts visiting today - Chicago Bears this time.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

https://twitter.com/mikevorel/status/501388753923883008 Notes and Quotes: Wyoming fall practice No. 18

INJURY OUTLOOK

Bohl got some good news on the injury front on Monday, as starting left tackle Nathan Leddige and sophomore Lucas Wacha -- both of whom had been battling concussion symptoms -- practiced fully.

Redshirt sophomore running back D.J. May did not participate in practice, though he didn't appear to be seriously injured. He did not play in Saturday's scrimmage wither for precautionary reasons.

http://trib.com/news/opinion/blogs/cowb ... 9e4e9.html
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote:More scouts visiting today - Chicago Bears this time.
Only thing is, we have a poop ton of guys graduating, so hard to know who they're looking at.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

fromolwyoming wrote:
Asmodeanreborn wrote:More scouts visiting today - Chicago Bears this time.
Only thing is, we have a poop ton of guys graduating, so hard to know who they're looking at.
They could be looking at juniors to. I think Yarbrough is a real possibility.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo