Join The Posse - Sellout vs. Montana

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

WyoBrandX wrote:Montana can play with the big boys. This will be a fun game to watch. We really need to play our geographic neighbors more. It wouldn't hurt if they would step up to FBS.

The same kind of people that drive many hours to Laramie to see a game are the same kind of people that drive to Missoula and Bozeman to see a game. We live in rural areas. We respect our wide open spaces. We love our football teams.
Even Eddie Yarbrough mentioned something about considering this a rivalry game to start the year.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
gopokes1399
Blog Team

2873 left... still curious if this factors any amount of students or what... I am curious what the student turnout will be since school won't be in session yet
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

gopokes1399 wrote:2873 left... still curious if this factors any amount of students or what... I am curious what the student turnout will be since school won't be in session yet
Tried saying this... The student section will be fine.
Kids will be back in Laramie.
Parties will be a roarin' and the student section will be loaded.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

gopokes1399 wrote:2873 left... still curious if this factors any amount of students or what... I am curious what the student turnout will be since school won't be in session yet
Has nothing to do with students at all. This is the counter for open seat tickets.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Wyo2dal wrote:
Has nothing to do with students at all. This is the counter for open seat tickets.
Exactly. Saw this on the Wyo website in the scrimmage recap:

As of the conclusion of Saturday's scrimmage only 3,482 tickets remained available for sale to the general public for the Montana game.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
gopokes1399
Blog Team

With all that being said, I wonder what the student turn out will be since school won't be in session yet
YankPoke
Cowpoke

gopokes1399 wrote:With all that being said, I wonder what the student turn out will be since school won't be in session yet
Student section will be full, freshman will be moving in before the game starts. Most students will be in Laramie the student section will be full.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

YankPoke wrote:
gopokes1399 wrote:With all that being said, I wonder what the student turn out will be since school won't be in session yet
Student section will be full, freshman will be moving in before the game starts. Most students will be in Laramie the student section will be full.
Lol... YankPoke I think at this point he is probably just trolling. I mean, it has been answered already and he continues to post the same question.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Join The Posse! Sell out The War!! (WyomingAthletics)

Cowboys fans. Tickets are still available for the Pokes season opener on August 30th when they face the Montana Grizzlies. Get yours today by calling 1-877-WYO-FAN1 or logging on to GoWYO.com/tickets.

gopokes1399
Blog Team

BeaverPoke wrote:
YankPoke wrote:
Lol... YankPoke I think at this point he is probably just trolling. I mean, it has been answered already and he continues to post the same question.
Hahahaha I wasn't trolling. It was a real question. I got an answer about players tickets and then the student part. I was just curious what you thought if students would be there since school isn't starting. But whatever you think Beaver
billings
Ranch Hand

gopokes1399 wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
YankPoke wrote:
Hahahaha I wasn't trolling. It was a real question. I got an answer about players tickets and then the student part. I was just curious what you thought if students would be there since school isn't starting. But whatever you think Beaver

Friday is move in day at the Dorms. They will be there
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

Me and 4 yr old girl are coming. After all, archery season hasn't started
W-Y, Until I Die!
billings
Ranch Hand

SO this does not include the student section which is what 5,000 seats? It does not include the 3K that were sent to Montana to sell in section A and AA

The total crowd will be interesting to see
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

billings wrote:SO this does not include the student section which is what 5,000 seats? It does not include the 3K that were sent to Montana to sell in section A and AA

Student section holds 7600 I believe...could be off a hundred or so.

So, with the dwindled total capacity of the War being 29181 (pathetic if you ask me), that still means they have sold roughly 9,000 tickets (outside season ticket holders & visitors) for this game. Against a FCS opponent. That is impressive, honestly. Of course, they knew they had to push it / market it hard, with classes not starting until the 2nd, labor day weekend, and an opponent most could give a poop about.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

McPeachy wrote:
billings wrote:SO this does not include the student section which is what 5,000 seats? It does not include the 3K that were sent to Montana to sell in section A and AA

So, with the dwindled total capacity of the War being 29181 (pathetic if you ask me), that still means they have sold roughly 9,000 tickets (outside season ticket holders & visitors) for this game. Against a FCS opponent. That is impressive, honestly. Of course, they knew they had to push it / market it hard, with classes not starting until the 2nd, labor day weekend, and an opponent most could give a poop about.

And $40 adult $20 youth tickets to boot.
W-Y, Until I Die!
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:

Even more pathetic is that our total cap is 29,086.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

kansasCowboy wrote:Even more pathetic is that our total cap is 29,086.
Agreed 100%. But less is more (tic). Yet less is easier, less takes "less" effort and work, and less hides flaws.

:roll:
Dear Karma,

Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

McPeachy wrote:
Agreed 100%. But less is more (tic). Yet less is easier, less takes "less" effort and work, and less hides flaws.

Double :roll: . UW shoulda kept it at 33,500!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Wyokie wrote:
McPeachy wrote:

Double :roll: . UW shoulda kept it at 33,500!
so we can sell it out once every 2-4 years? I think the Wildcatter Suites have probably made money where as empty seats are just empty seats.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Wyo2dal wrote:so we can sell it out once every 2-4 years? I think the Wildcatter Suites have probably made money where as empty seats are just empty seats.
The problem with selling it out, or selling tickets at all IMO, has little to do with the size of the facility, and more to do with the product on the field and opponent. And our product has been poop since the late 90's (15+ years). That is no reason to downsize, unless you "think" you can and will never compete at a level that will sell more tickets than seats.

And of course the Wildcatter has made more money for athletics than just having a seat for sale. But when the team is perennial bed-poop, you have to do something to boost income. Moon built the house for free, and the AD just sits back and collects the mortgage payment.
Dear Karma,