2014 Predictions

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:Did I miss something? When did CSU become a good team.....They lost more talent than we did...One absolute beating and suddenly the mutton are the team to beat....God I don't want to live in a world where CSU is viewed as good...
Since they beat us, and won the NM Bowl.

Hell we talked about how great Wyoming was after the NM Bowl, it is only fair to give CSU the same credit.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:Did I miss something? When did CSU become a good team.....They lost more talent than we did...One absolute beating and suddenly the mutton are the team to beat....God I don't want to live in a world where CSU is viewed as good...
Since they beat us, and won the NM Bowl.

Hell we talked about how great Wyoming was after the NM Bowl, it is only fair to give CSU the same credit.
I just puked in my mouth a little...
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Interesting predictions...nobody is really 8 & 4 ing it...and expectations are not surprisingly low.

My dime...and I hope I am so damn wrong:

Aug. 30 - Montana L
Sept. 6 - Air Force W (there may not be a poop team on our schedule)
Sept. 13 - @Oregon L
Sept. 20 - Florida Atlantic W (FAU will be sucking wind and lose a close one in the 4th quarter)
Sept. 27 - @Michigan State L
Oct. 4 - Bye
Oct. 11 - @Hawaii L
Oct. 18 - San Jose State W (No Fales, no win this year, homecoming, etc.)
Oct. 25 - @Colorado State L
Nov. 1 - @Fresno State L
Nov. 7 - Utah State L
Nov. 15 - Bye
Nov. 22 - Boise State L
Nov. 29 - @New Mexico W

4 & 8 - and the only reason is NM blows their load on 11/29 and we hold nothing back and go balls out for the win. Otherwise 3 & 9.

OOC schedule takes its toll on the Pokes, who even with a bye week on 10/4, cannot recover and are gassed without the depth the rest of the year.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

This is the 15th coaching debut I can remember at Wyoming and the only thing I can predict is that the first year results are pretty difficult to predict :lol:

I sure hope Bohl and Co. make me look like the village idiot on this one (not that I need much help)...

Aug. 30 - Montana - L
Sept. 6 - Air Force - W
Sept. 13 - @Oregon - L
Sept. 20 - Florida Atlantic - W
Sept. 27 - @Michigan State - L
Oct. 4 - Bye
Oct. 11 - @Hawaii - L
Oct. 18 - San Jose State - W
Oct. 25 - @Colorado State - L
Nov. 1 - @Fresno State - L
Nov. 7 - Utah State - L
Nov. 15 - Bye
Nov. 22 - Boise State - L
Nov. 29 - @New Mexico - L
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

CSU is not better than we are. Especially last year. The team pretty cashed it in after the Texas St. loss. We will beat the sheep. Especially with Bohl on board. He has the pride of Wyoming in him.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

oh how I hope those last two predictions won't be accurate........ :(.....hoping
aranderson
Cowpoke

I know were being really conservative here so as not to get our hopes up and look like homers but really all the predictions about losing to Montana. Come on. We have great receivers and good running backs and a pretty decent defense when all is said and done. Also a quarterback who seems to be coming into his own in the new offense. No way we lose Bohls debut and against an FCS team. Cap'n Kirk wont let it happen again either.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

aranderson wrote:CSU is not better than we are. Especially last year. The team pretty cashed it in after the Texas St. loss. We will beat the sheep. Especially with Bohl on board. He has the pride of Wyoming in him.

Lol CSU was not better than we were last year? Kinda of like how we weren't better than them when we beat them 44-0?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

aranderson wrote:I know were being really conservative here so as not to get our hopes up and look like homers but really all the predictions about losing to Montana. Come on. We have great receivers and good running backs and a pretty decent defense when all is said and done. Also a quarterback who seems to be coming into his own in the new offense. No way we lose Bohls debut and against an FCS team. Cap'n Kirk wont let it happen again either.
Take a look at the Montana roster. Look at where some of those kids came from, and transferred from. Look at their size. This is a much more important game to them, than it is to us (as well).

While I certainly will be cheering hard for Wyoming, this has lose-lose written all over it.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
aranderson
Cowpoke

McPeachy wrote:
aranderson wrote:I know were being really conservative here so as not to get our hopes up and look like homers but really all the predictions about losing to Montana. Come on. We have great receivers and good running backs and a pretty decent defense when all is said and done. Also a quarterback who seems to be coming into his own in the new offense. No way we lose Bohls debut and against an FCS team. Cap'n Kirk wont let it happen again either.
Take a look at the Montana roster. Look at where some of those kids came from, and transferred from. Look at their size. This is a much more important game to them, than it is to us (as well).

While I certainly will be cheering hard for Wyoming, this has lose-lose written all over it.
This is apparently their 4th most important game plus I dont believe for a second there wont be an intimidation factor going to a bigger school. Further more our team wants to get up for this game just as bad as they do.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

With the schedule they have, I think 6-6 is very doable, but 5-7 is more likely. The first game against Montana will go a looooong ways to telling us what kind of year we are looking at.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 38 times

Underestimate Montana at your own peril. They are a good football team who is well coached. The talent gap between Montana and UW, if there is one, is minimal at best.

I'd feel much more comfortable about this game if it were played any other time than opening weekend. The thought of facing a Montana team that has had months to prepare for us is concerning in it of itself. Not to mention that we will be trotting out a brand new field general running a completely new system for the very first time.

Also, I'm not convinced our defense is going to be any better than it was last year. I'm sure they will give up less yards and less points per game, but that will be more a function of our slow tempo offense than anything else. Remember, the defense is basically made up of the exact same guys who got dominated just one year earlier.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

I bet you didn't think we'd lose to Cal-Poly, either. And this Montana team is waaaaaaaay better than Cal-Poly ever dreamed of being.
aranderson
Cowpoke

Im not underestimating Montana. Im just not willing to predict a loss to a Lower division school. Teams far worse than us have beaten far better teams than.Montana. And no i didnt see the Cal Poly loss coming but tell me someone who did.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Aug. 30 - Montana - Win (27-24)
Sept. 6 - Air Force. Win (24-10)
Sept. 13 - @Oregon. Loss (42-10)
Sept. 20 - Florida Atlantic Win (17-14)
Sept. 27 - @Michigan State Loss (27-6)
Oct. 4 - Bye
Oct. 11 - @Hawaii. Loss (24-21)
Oct. 18 - San Jose State. Win (31-17)
Oct. 25 - @Colorado State. Loss (24-17)
Nov. 1 - @Fresno State Loss (17-10)
Nov. 7 - Utah State. Loss (28-24)
Nov. 15 - Bye
Nov. 22 - Boise State Win (31-27)
Nov. 29 - @New Mexico Win (24-9)

I am saying 6-6, which would be a pretty good accomplishment! Bohl will produce an upset (something Christensen could not do). I am saying by year's end the team will be rolling and we finally knock off Boise! I think Hawaii will be better this year than they are being given credit and winning on the islands is historically not easy.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

VisorHair wrote:Aug. 30 - Montana W
Sept. 6 - Air Force W
Sept. 13 - @Oregon L
Sept. 20 - Florida Atlantic W
Sept. 27 - @Michigan State L
Oct. 4 - Bye
Oct. 11 - @Hawaii L
Oct. 18 - San Jose State W
Oct. 25 - @Colorado State L
Nov. 1 - @Fresno State L
Nov. 7 - Utah State L

Nov. 15 - Bye
Nov. 22 - Boise State W
Nov. 29 - @New Mexico W

6-6, boys.

A win in Hawaii would be big-time and a split between USU/BSU would be great at home as well. Can we get the Boot back in FoCo? A lot of "down" teams this year with QB attrition.. IE: Fresno & SJSU. No reason to lose at home to SJSU, can win in Fresno, but we all know how great we play in CA. :|
Didn't even look before my prediction, but we are on the same page.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Wow, I might actually be one the more positive ones. :lol: First, I don't think our Offensive line can be that much worse.
Secondly, we don't have many good and we have 0 great run defenses in conference. If the backs are as good as advertised, it will go a long ways.
Thirdly, the MWC is a crap conference this year; a shadow, at most, of its former self. If we aren't "in" every game, then I'm going to be damn disappointed.
Finally, we have been short of talent for the MWC, but not drastically short. Our D went to hell almost overnight and I think it was largely due to scheme more than athletes. Re-adjusting the scheme and coaching should help the D quite a bit and the O should have some talent.

I think we win: Montana, AF, Florida Atlantic, San Jose State, and New Mexico. = 5 wins
We get at least 1 win, probably 2 from: Hawaii, CSU, BSU, USU or Fresno State (my guess is CSU and Hawaii)
We lose to Oregon and Michigan State.

I also have 7-5.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

My thoughts:

Aug. 30 - Montana W (17-10)
Sept. 6 - Air Force W (24-13)
Sept. 13 - @Oregon L (42-10)
Sept. 20 - Florida Atlantic W (24-21)
Sept. 27 - @Michigan State L (28-13)
Oct. 4 - Bye
Oct. 11 - @Hawaii W (30-27)
Oct. 18 - San Jose State W (34-20)
Oct. 25 - @Colorado State W (21-17)
Nov. 1 - @Fresno State L (27-10)
Nov. 7 - Utah State L (30-17)
Nov. 15 - Bye
Nov. 22 - Boise State L (35-20)
Nov. 29 - @New Mexico W (27-17)

Also 7-5
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

SDPokeFan wrote:
I bet you didn't think we'd lose to Cal-Poly, either. And this Montana team is waaaaaaaay better than Cal-Poly ever dreamed of being.
So a loss TWO whole years ago to a CP team after we lost our Star QB, star WR, two O lineman, and a couple of D starters before that game is comparable to a team completely made over this year and that should have all it's starters by game time?
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

SDPokeFan wrote:
Lol, so we can't beat the FCS teams even with our FBS recruits, yet you want to move down to FCS?
FYI, this is not one of those "If you can't beat them, join them" situations.