Took the Plunge!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Since I left Laramie three years ago I have not missed a home game and just bought random tix and watched from the student section. Coach Craig Bohl has made such an impact that I felt compelled to get my own seats. I am now the proud owner of 2 seats in Section D! WOO HOO GO POKES!!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:Since I left Laramie three years ago I have not missed a home game and just bought random tix and watched from the student section. Coach Craig Bohl has made such an impact that I felt compelled to get my own seats. I am now the proud owner of 2 seats in Section D! WOO HOO GO POKES!!
Been a proud owner of my own 2 seats for a few years myself. I'm a little rowdy for that side of the stands, though, so it's still student section for me :D
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

WYO1016 wrote:
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:Since I left Laramie three years ago I have not missed a home game and just bought random tix and watched from the student section. Coach Craig Bohl has made such an impact that I felt compelled to get my own seats. I am now the proud owner of 2 seats in Section D! WOO HOO GO POKES!!
Been a proud owner of my own 2 seats for a few years myself. I'm a little rowdy for that side of the stands, though, so it's still student section for me :D
Haha I know, Ill have to watch my youthful exuberance. I have family in that section too so they'll keep me in line! The season can't come fast enough!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 230 times

I left Section E this year. I have a hard time not standing up. Back to the East Side for me.

Go Pokes!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I wish you guys were on the West side!

Last season I sat on the West side with some people who weren't students, and oh my God it's so boring over there! It's literally like two different games are being played; College football on the East, soccer on the West.

We need more rowdy fans like you guys on the west.
Too many blue hairs asking people to sit down, and people who don't cheer, they just kinda sit there.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 230 times

BeaverPoke wrote: We need more rowdy fans like you guys on the west.
Too many blue hairs asking people to sit down, and people who don't cheer, they just kinda sit there.
Hence the reason I am going back to the East side. I don't want to argue with some of the grumpy people in Section E. The constant "sit down please" on crucial drives when I am really into it just ruins it for me. I want to go to the game and have fun and not worry if the guy behind me prefers the symphony to a football game.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

We don't really have these problems in Washington-Grizzly.. maybe the seats around the 50 yard line where the high roller blue hairs are, but for the most part we've had games (like Cat/Griz, or a couple playoff games) where no one sits.
ImageImageImageImage
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

OrediggerPoke wrote:Hence the reason I am going back to the East side. I don't want to argue with some of the grumpy people in Section E. The constant "sit down please" on crucial drives when I am really into it just ruins it for me. I want to go to the game and have fun and not worry if the guy behind me prefers the symphony to a football game.
It has always pissed me off...that we have a rather decent sized contingent of "older" fans that sit in sections B, C, D, and E that sit on their hands and complain if you cheer too loud behind them. I f-word hate it, but I won't give up the fight - I refuse.

I have often replied with "this isn't a piano recital" or "if you want quiet, go to the wildcatter" or "last I checked I paid the same price for my tickets as yours, and the back doesn't say anything about cheering loud or standing up and cheering".

I also make sure that I never cross the "vulgar" line either. Although so tempted, I have been "tattled on" for calling Fairchild a "pussy" and for yelling at the refs to stop "kissing Urbans ass", and a few somewhat similar (no F bombs or such). I just stay away from all inappropriate content anymore. But I yell as loud as I can!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
pcwyo
Buckaroo

I'm one of those older fans in section D that wishes we had more like you. I feel self-conscious sometimes when I'm up and yelling, so don't yell as often as I want to. But thanks for keeping it clean, too. ;)
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 2 times

I've had 3 season tickets since 05, and have missed maybe 6 games total until now. I didn't renew. I'm going to need to see some sort of effort from the Wyoming Athletics Department to get me to buy in again. I have no plans to go to Laramie this season.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Brew_Poke wrote:I've had 3 season tickets since 05, and have missed maybe 6 games total until now. I didn't renew. I'm going to need to see some sort of effort from the Wyoming Athletics Department to get me to buy in again. I have no plans to go to Laramie this season.
Jeez brewpoke. What if the Pokes are doing well throughout the season? Would you come up for a game?
I don't blame you though. I am incredibly frustrated with the athletic department and the administration, and could only imagine what it's like being an alum that actually gives a poop.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.