Football Season Countdown

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... 3c793.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pretty cool. But Vorel should fix the following quote:
22 - Points scored by Wyoming in a 24-22 loss to Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo in 2012 at home. It was the last loss to an FCS team for Wyoming, which faces Montana in its home opener.
It should be the ONLY loss to an FCS team for Wyoming ... Both are fact, one is more accurate than the other ... etc.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Well here is enough to piss us all off, I was reading ESPN the Mag College football top 25. They show Oregon and their schedule, then they show the percentage of Oregons chance to win each game. South Dakota is a 99.5% chance at a win.
WYO is a 99.6% chance at a win. And apparently we are their easiest game this year...
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

kansasCowboy wrote:Well here is enough to piss us all off, I was reading ESPN the Mag College football top 25. They show Oregon and their schedule, then they show the percentage of Oregons chance to win each game. South Dakota is a 99.5% chance at a win.
WYO is a 99.6% chance at a win. And apparently we are their easiest game this year...
So, I wonder if that means the Vegas oddsmakers will be giving us 30 or more points. I'll take that bet. What would they give a team that's almost a 100 to 1 underdog?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

cowboyz wrote:So, I wonder if that means the Vegas oddsmakers will be giving us 30 or more points. I'll take that bet. What would they give a team that's almost a 100 to 1 underdog?
Depending on the outcomes of the Montana & AFA games...quite a bit...but I wouldn't be surprised to see Oregon favored by more than 40.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Sadly, given their offense and its ability to score so quickly, I don't know if I would take Wyo even at +40. Not so much a bash on us as a praise of how potent the Oregon offense can be.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

As long as the pokes can figure out a way to get a decent number of first downs, we will burn the clock a lot. Although Oregon scores a ton, I really think that our RBs can grind out some first downs--and the result is lower scoring. I still think we lose by little less than 30, but I am not thinking 40+.
cowboyz
Cowpoke

djm19 wrote:As long as the pokes can figure out a way to get a decent number of first downs, we will burn the clock a lot. Although Oregon scores a ton, I really think that our RBs can grind out some first downs--and the result is lower scoring. I still think we lose by little less than 30, but I am not thinking 40+.
Agreed, I'd take 40 in a heartbeat, and I'd even take 30, assuming that we haven't just been thrashed by Montana or Air Force.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

cowboyz wrote:
djm19 wrote:As long as the pokes can figure out a way to get a decent number of first downs, we will burn the clock a lot. Although Oregon scores a ton, I really think that our RBs can grind out some first downs--and the result is lower scoring. I still think we lose by little less than 30, but I am not thinking 40+.
Agreed, I'd take 40 in a heartbeat, and I'd even take 30, assuming that we haven't just been thrashed by Montana or Air Force.
If we lose to Montana and Air Force...all bets are off and I am packing in the season.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Remember, this is an Oregon football team that in 2013 beat Virginia by 49, Tennessee by 45, Cal by 39, and CU by 41 (yeah, CU sucks, I know). My point is that those are all BCS teams, granted they aren't the best teams, but they are BCS and they all got beat by 39+. And the other scary part, Virginia was 5th in the country in Time of Possession last year and still lost by almost 50. I really hope I'm wrong, but if they lose to Michigan State the week before, they are going to want to make a statement; hopefully we can make one back.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

WestWYOPoke wrote:Remember, this is an Oregon football team that in 2013 beat Virginia by 49, Tennessee by 45, Cal by 39, and CU by 41 (yeah, CU sucks, I know). My point is that those are all BCS teams, granted they aren't the best teams, but they are BCS and they all got beat by 39+. And the other scary part, Virginia was 5th in the country in Time of Possession last year and still lost by almost 50. I really hope I'm wrong, but if they lose to Michigan State the week before, they are going to want to make a statement; hopefully we can make one back.
The only way we make a statement against Oregon is if Michigan State throttles Oregon and injures Mariota and a couple of their D-Lineman.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

BeaverPoke wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:Remember, this is an Oregon football team that in 2013 beat Virginia by 49, Tennessee by 45, Cal by 39, and CU by 41 (yeah, CU sucks, I know). My point is that those are all BCS teams, granted they aren't the best teams, but they are BCS and they all got beat by 39+. And the other scary part, Virginia was 5th in the country in Time of Possession last year and still lost by almost 50. I really hope I'm wrong, but if they lose to Michigan State the week before, they are going to want to make a statement; hopefully we can make one back.
The only way we make a statement against Oregon is if Michigan State throttles Oregon and injures Mariota and a couple of their D-Lineman.
Who are you and what did you do with the real BeaverPoke?
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Wyo2dal wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
I grew up.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
castlerocker
Cowpoke

I grew up.
He became enlightened.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

Kind of random, but looks like trouble's afoot at Notre Dame. Rumor is that four players (three starters) apparently had a tutor write papers for them in exchange for the deed.

Yes, you read that correctly.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Economics 101 :rofl:
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Asmodeanreborn wrote:Kind of random, but looks like trouble's afoot at Notre Dame. Rumor is that four players (three starters) apparently had a tutor write papers for them in exchange for the deed.

Like...a male tutor?
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

You want to surprise Oregon? Catch them November. September? They are the nations scariest team in September on an annual basis. Wyoming coughing up 60+ to the Ducks is not out of the question.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

BeaverPoke wrote:
Asmodeanreborn wrote:Kind of random, but looks like trouble's afoot at Notre Dame. Rumor is that four players (three starters) apparently had a tutor write papers for them in exchange for the deed.

Like...a male tutor?
No. A fairly well-endowed female tutor who should have had zero problems finding suitors to satisfy her needs for free.

Edit: She deleted her twitter (and subsequently her pictures) already.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:

Like...a male tutor?
No. A fairly well-endowed female tutor who should have had zero problems finding suitors to satisfy her needs for free.

Edit: She deleted her twitter (and subsequently her pictures) already.
Too bad. Would've liked seeing the pics.

Safe bet the NCAA won't even do a damned thing against Notre Dame.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote:Safe bet the NCAA won't even do a damned thing against Notre Dame.
Well, this was a self-imposed investigation, and they dismissed all players involved and kicked them out of the school from the sounds of it.