Tashaun Gipson

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 302 times
Been liked: 119 times

BeaverPoke wrote:If we really want to get an objective look at this, why don't we look at more teams. Instead of just the Browns.
And we should wait until opening week rosters are made. There are going to be 53 players on each team, and the Alvester Alexanders of the non-BCS will surely be cut and put to the practice squads.

So, when there are 53 players, on 32 teams, let's count up the amount of players that come from BCS schools.
Too busy. Can't. ;)
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

BeaverPoke wrote:If we really want to get an objective look at this, why don't we look at more teams. Instead of just the Browns.
And we should wait until opening week rosters are made. There are going to be 53 players on each team, and the Alvester Alexanders of the non-BCS will surely be cut and put to the practice squads.

So, when there are 53 players, on 32 teams, let's count up the amount of players that come from BCS schools.
I like this idea quite a bit actually, I'll help compile the data on that I'm kind of curious as well.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Another interesting metric would be to see how many 2 and 3 star recruits made it to the NFL by playing for BCS vs non-BCS.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Wyo2dal wrote:

I like this idea quite a bit actually, I'll help compile the data on that I'm kind of curious as well.
I think there are going to be a lot of players from non-power teams in power conferences (Ga.Tech, K-State, Ole Miss, Washington, etc.)
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Here is a good site for determining NFL representation by school:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/college" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 142 times

I just told you the non-BCS makes up 37% if BCS makes up 50% and all other divisions make up 17%. So FBS is more important than being P5 by a long f-word shot.
W-Y, Until I Die!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote:I just told you the non-BCS makes up 37% if BCS makes up 50% and all other divisions make up 17%. So FBS is more important than being P5 by a long f-word shot.

And that was based off the Browns preseason roster which has yet to be cut to 53.

So...the numbers aren't totally accurate.

And not to mention, the debate wasn't BCS vs everyone else.
It was BCS vs rest of FBS.

Also...37+50+17=104 :cool:
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 142 times

You guys and your 10 frames
W-Y, Until I Die!