Tashaun Gipson

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
soccerhead15
Buckaroo

Man its cool to see a former poke to really get some good playing time in the pros and make some sweet plays!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

He is a legit player.
I think probably the best Poke in the NFL now that Malcolm Floyd is retired.
He is retired isn't he?

But either way, Gipson is awesome.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
soccerhead15
Buckaroo

i think malcolm is still playing but i am not sure
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Still playing.....#1 receiver in SD.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Can't find anything saying he's done.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I thought someone on here posted something about him having a neck injury so he was calling it quits.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

I'll root for Gipson, no problem. Manziel? f-word that.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Floyd is still playing but he does have aging injuries and i suspect his time is limited.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote:I'll root for Gipson, no problem. Manziel? f-word that.
Didn't he flip the bird to the Redskins bench tonight?
ProudWYOAlum
Ranch Hand

Tashaun is the prime example of a kid not having to go to a big time powerhouse program in order to achieve his dream of playing in the NFL.

He may hate DC but in hindsight, DC moving him to safety May have been the best thing to ever happen in his life!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

BeaverPoke wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:I'll root for Gipson, no problem. Manziel? f-word that.
Didn't he flip the bird to the Redskins bench tonight?
Only caught part of the game, so not sure.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

It's basically the only thing on twitter and every new source ATM, He lacks any form of class and he is a pompous jackass.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Wyo2dal wrote:It's basically the only thing on twitter and every new source ATM, He lacks any form of class and he is a pompous jackass.
Figured he'd pull a Joe Glenn eventually!

Actually hoping a 300+ lb. LB body slams him soon.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

ProudWYOAlum wrote:Tashaun is the prime example of a kid not having to go to a big time powerhouse program in order to achieve his dream of playing in the NFL.
Yeah, he is, but the 24 BCS conference products on the defense of 41 right now show that the Power 5 is the way to go.
Make that 26 if you count Tank Carder from TCU and Paul Kruger from Utah.

And 24 of the 48 offensive players played in BCS schools.

I am happy anytime a Wyo player makes to the NFL, but although there is proof that you can go to Wyo and make it, the numbers favor the BCS schools more.
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

BeaverPoke wrote:
ProudWYOAlum wrote:Tashaun is the prime example of a kid not having to go to a big time powerhouse program in order to achieve his dream of playing in the NFL.
Yeah, he is, but the 24 BCS conference products on the defense of 41 right now show that the Power 5 is the way to go.

I am happy anytime a Wyo player makes to the NFL, but although there is proof that you can go to Wyo and make it, the numbers favor the BCS schools more.
Well, by that logic 24 of the 48 offensive players did not go to a BCS school. Lol. That is like um half.

GO POKES!!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

tttgowyo wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:

Well, by that logic 24 of the 48 offensive players did not go to a BCS school. Lol. That is like um half.
125 FBS teams, 124 FCS teams, 171 Division 2 teams, 244 Division 3 teams...that's 663 teams not counting NJCAA or NAIA. Of that there are only 64 teams in BCS conferences, so 9.7% of the teams in all of college football provide ~50% of the players for the NFL. There is certainly a correlation between Big 5 schools and NFL talent.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

FFS...

Keep working hard Tashaun. You are the ONLY reason I'm watching the Browns this season. Your QBs and WR are gonna give you plenty more opportunities.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

WestWYOPoke wrote:
tttgowyo wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:

125 FBS teams, 124 FCS teams, 171 Division 2 teams, 244 Division 3 teams...that's 663 teams not counting NJCAA or NAIA. Of that there are only 64 teams in BCS conferences, so 9.7% of the teams in all of college football provide ~50% of the players for the NFL. There is certainly a correlation between Big 5 schools and NFL talent.
That is the worst logic ever! Why not throw pee wee in there? I just looked and 87% of players in NFL come from FBS. That means g5 produces ~37% if p5 produces 50%. Not too shabby if you ask me.
W-Y, Until I Die!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

If you follow the thread, my logic makes sense. BP is saying that if you want to make the NFL, power 5 is the way to go, and tttgowyo commented that half of the players aren't power 5 so it's 50/50.

In response to this, the point of my post was that if you pretend the odds of a player going to NFL from a power 5 school is the same as one not from the power 5, then we can't just talk about power 5 vs. the rest of FBS; we have to factor in ALL college football programs (pee wee is not college football). Thus, it's not 50/50, it's more like 90/10 BCS vs. everyone else.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

If we really want to get an objective look at this, why don't we look at more teams. Instead of just the Browns.
And we should wait until opening week rosters are made. There are going to be 53 players on each team, and the Alvester Alexanders of the non-BCS will surely be cut and put to the practice squads.

So, when there are 53 players, on 32 teams, let's count up the amount of players that come from BCS schools.