Burman Extended

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
VisorHair
Ranch Hand

Wyolie Coyote wrote:
VisorHair wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:One more fun fact on the topic:

Men's bball attendance in 2005 was just over 7K and we ranked about 70-73 nationally. After nearly 8 years of Burman, attendance has dropped to just over 5K and we rank about 99th nationally.

Football is a little better because attendance has declined from 20K to 19K, so not too big of drop there.

Definitely symptoms of a thriving athletic department.
Check attendance around the country, down in every revenue sport after nearly years of AD ________. Nothing new here. :coffee:
So it is acceptable to lose 30 spots in average attendance? Talk about an apologist.
That's due to his hiring of Heath (different subject). Attendance has gone up w Larry.. You think people don't come to cold football games or would rather watch a hoops game on CBS Sports because Tom's the AD? That's your logic. Record ticket revenue in his tenure.. Not an apologist, just helping you crawl through the poop your minds are filled with.

"In this geographical area; Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, and Western Kansas - there's a new Sheriff in town." - Coach Bohl
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

If numbers are down everywhere that is okay for us to drop in tickets.
If we drop 30 spots, that is not okay.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:If numbers are down everywhere that is okay for us to drop in tickets.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I love Burman threads
W-Y, Until I Die!
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

laxwyo wrote:I love Burman threads

Good ole boy committee on target again. Just like the hold hostage agreement w/ DC going into the Temple game. Get your clocks cleaned, poop in your mess kit strategy 101. I do like Shyatt and Bohl, however trending back to the end of Tiller and Rat Face we have done absolutely nothing to improve our performance in an ever weakening conference, and that is across the board. I guess the face of the program is women's soccer which actually had a shot at winning a conference crown, only losing that coach to the dope smokers just south and west of Cowboy country. That is the success Mr. TB has accomplished, nada. The empty trophy case photo goes a long way towards establishing Tommy boys legacy. I have nothing more to add. Pisses me off. :thumbdown:
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Oh hell.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

VisorHair wrote:
That's due to his hiring of Heath (different subject). Attendance has gone up w Larry.. You think people don't come to cold football games or would rather watch a hoops game on CBS Sports because Tom's the AD? That's your logic. Record ticket revenue in his tenure.. Not an apologist, just helping you crawl through the poop your minds are filled with.
I notice you didn't take the challenge. We are near bottom in everything in the MWC during Burman's tenure. How could it have been much worse? The Vegas bowl win prior to his arrival trumps any accomplishment during his time.

Wyo has not advanced in any meaningful way in 8 years and has actualky regressed in most. That is fact.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Hayduke
Cowpoke

Here is my new mantra:

"He hired Bohl. All will be better. He hired Bohl. All will be better. He hired Bohl. All will be better."

Remind me of this when we win 5 games this year... :tickedoff:
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Hayduke wrote:Here is my new mantra:

"He hired Bohl. All will be better. He hired Bohl. All will be better. He hired Bohl. All will be better."

Remind me of this when we win 5 games this year... :tickedoff:
Chill out.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:If numbers are down everywhere that is okay for us to drop in tickets.
Exactly, tired of excuses for the current administration. Always trying to poop us when the failures are so obvious.
ProudWYOAlum
Ranch Hand

I like the extension. Sustainability is crucial in today's college atmosphere. I don't think there's a guy that would put more into the job and could establish better relationships with the State Leg.

The facilities have been built and upgraded. Good coaches have been hired.

His only bad hire was Schroyer. DC was a solid hire at the time, didn't work out.

Ticket sales are down because we are playing on espn and CBS Sports Net these days. That said, we are about to sellout our season opener vs Montana.

I'm with VisorHair, I guess I don't see the doom and gloom like you all do.
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

ProudWYOAlum wrote:I like the extension. Sustainability is crucial in today's college atmosphere. I don't think there's a guy that would put more into the job and could establish better relationships with the State Leg.

His only bad hire was Schroyer. DC was a solid hire at the time, didn't work out.

Ticket sales are down because we are playing on espn and CBS Sports Net these days. That said, we are about to sellout our season opener vs Montana.

WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Did I wake up this morning in an alternate dimension?! I could have sworn that less than 6 months ago this board was about to organize a lynch mob and head for Burman's office. Now I get on here and it seems like almost 50% of this thread's commenters aren't just accepting, but actually pleased by the extension?! I'm not saying whether I agree or not with the extension, but it seems like we have quite a few people that have suddenly changed their tune as of late.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

HiCountryCowboy wrote:
ProudWYOAlum wrote:I like the extension. Sustainability is crucial in today's college atmosphere. I don't think there's a guy that would put more into the job and could establish better relationships with the State Leg.

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

HiCountryCowboy wrote:

That right there says it all. Facilities can get done by any primate put into that position, show me accomplishments on the field/court. Where is Dr Bob? We need him back so he can fire one more department head. Burman should have been tied to Schroyers career path, he was the one that hitched his horse to that buggy. Unforgivable how our basketball program was run into the ground.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Meh, some people buy into the poor us and how hard it is to do things in WYO mentality. Some don't. Those that don't will support a leadership change. Those that buy into the poor me philosophy will support Burman. As long as WYO fields a team we are doing well, right?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
VisorHair
Ranch Hand

Wyolie Coyote wrote:
HiCountryCowboy wrote:

That right there says it all. Facilities can get done by any primate put into that position, show me accomplishments on the field/court. Where is Dr Bob? We need him back so he can fire one more department head. Burman should have been tied to Schroyers career path, he was the one that hitched his horse to that buggy. Unforgivable how our basketball program was run into the ground.
Larry is doing fine, and won with Heath's players! DC went to two bowls (1 more than Joe), wrestling is at an all-time high, what else? As if you all really honestly give a poop about track, xc, tennis, swimming, etc. Get real. :willybs:

"In this geographical area; Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, and Western Kansas - there's a new Sheriff in town." - Coach Bohl
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

VisorHair wrote:
Wyolie Coyote wrote:
HiCountryCowboy wrote:

Larry is doing fine, and won with Heath's players! DC went to two bowls (1 more than Joe), wrestling is at an all-time high, what else? As if you all really honestly give a poop about track, xc, tennis, swimming, etc. Get real. :willybs:
Mediocrity at its best, at least someone is satisfied with the status quo. :lame:
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

VisorHair wrote: Larry is doing fine, and won with Heath's players! DC went to two bowls (1 more than Joe), wrestling is at an all-time high, what else? As if you all really honestly give a poop about track, xc, tennis, swimming, etc. Get real. :willybs:
LOL. Wow, now I fully understand the problem at Wyo. I guess it is what the majority want, so, yeah, Burman is exactly what WYO needs.

Let's all hope for that one great season every decade or two.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Wyolie Coyote wrote: Mediocrity at its best, at least someone is satisfied with the status quo. :lame:
As Beaver (I think) pointed out, mediocrity would be an improvement at this point.