Youhanna Ghaifan commits to Wyoming

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Snippet from HuskerOnline.com (Sean Callahan) posted in May:

Heading into the [Under Armour Rivals camp], very few people knew who the 6-foot-3, 250 pound Sudanese born Ghaifan was. However after things concluded this past Sunday, Ghaifan definitely made a name for himself.

"I was listening to the camp defensive line coach Rex Norris who has over 20 years of coaching experience in the NFL and he said Ghaifan has so much raw potential," Rivals.com Midwest analyst Josh Helmholdt said. "Those are the two things - he's raw and he has great potential.

"What was really surprising was how powerful he was and how he was able to get the most out of his frame. He's not a big framed kid and yet he was really able to hold his own, if not handle most offensive linemen from a power and strength standpoint. 'Quick twitch' was the term used for him. He's a quick twitched athlete, there's no doubt about it."

That "quick twitch" is nothing new for people around Central Nebraska familiar with Ghaifan, who was a first team All-State selection in both football and basketball as a junior, as well as starring for the Crusaders soccer team this spring.

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

https://twitter.com/mikevorel/status/502265008865431552 https://twitter.com/sudanesetsunami/sta ... 5861779456 Nebraska defensive tackle Youhanna Ghaifan verbally commits to Wyoming

The commits keep rolling in.

Wyoming received its sixth verbal commitment of the 2015 signing class on Wednesday night, when Grand Island, Nebraska, defensive tackle Youhanna Ghaifan verbally committed to become a Cowboy.

"I have officially committed to wyoming," Ghaifan tweeted. He later confirmed his commitment to the Star-Tribune.

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... 3a6c3.html
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

This might be my favorite commit so far. He'll be overlooked because of his size (250 lbs), but that can easily be fixed with a redshirt year.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

"Sudanese Tsunami".......I like it.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I know BYU is a reference to avoid but Ansah went from being a raw athlete with amazing power and speed who had never played football before and became a first round draft pick and an impact rookie in the NFL.

http://www.detroitlions.com/team/roster ... 209a6c5f72" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think this is a diamond in the ruff that can be molded into something special.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

pokefanchaz7 wrote:I know BYU is a reference to avoid but Ansah went from being a raw athlete with amazing power and speed who had never played football before and became a first round draft pick and an impact rookie in the NFL.

http://www.detroitlions.com/team/roster ... 209a6c5f72" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think this is a diamond in the ruff that can be molded into something special.
A lot of the best non-P5 players are often recruits that were very good in high school, but had a physical limitation of some sort...temporary, but at the time limiting. Too short, not heavy enough, etc. I really like this commit. Redshirt him next fall, get him to 275 lbs and Wyoming will have themselves a steal.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

From the recruiting thread...
Height 6'4"
Weight 250lbs
40yd Dash 5.05
Vertical 27"
Bench Press 275lbs
Squat 375lbs

Not all that impressive for a kid his size. Definitely could use a year with Duval...but the mention of fast-twitch has me hoping he might be quick, strength you can develop fairly easily, quickness is harder to develop.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

If he turns out to be good, this is exactly the type of recruiting we need.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote:If he turns out to be good, this is exactly the type of recruiting we need.
Yep, until Bohl starts winning at a high level, these diamond in the rough types will have to do. Development will be crucial.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

pokefanchaz7 wrote:I know BYU is a reference to avoid but Ansah went from being a raw athlete with amazing power and speed who had never played football before and became a first round draft pick and an impact rookie in the NFL.

This was exactly the comparison I first thought of.

I haven't looked at highlights, is he a DE or DT?
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

DT
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Yeah, he'll need a season to put on 40lbs of muscle.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

https://twitter.com/BenMitchum/status/5 ... 1115633664 Crusaders’ Ghaifan commits to Wyoming

Ghaifan, a two-time All-Heartland Super Squad defensive tackle, made his verbal commitment to the Cowboys on Wednesday.

And Bohl is the overwhelming reason why.

“To be honest, I think coach Bohl is a winner,” Ghaifan said. “He’s committed to get Wyoming on the right track. I want to be part of that. When coach Bohl said he wanted me to be part of the team, I was about ready to commit right then.”

http://www.theindependent.com/sports/cr ... KQ.twitter
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

I like this commit! And I like how Bohl recruits, and has increased the number of early verbals. And I think it will translate to wins on the field.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Larawie
Ranch Hand

Looks like he could play right now. Check out the guns!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

McPeachy wrote:I like this commit! And I like how Bohl recruits, and has increased the number of early verbals. And I think it will translate to wins on the field.
Same here. Undersized right now, but can be fixed by redshirting.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

fromolwyoming wrote:
McPeachy wrote:I like this commit! And I like how Bohl recruits, and has increased the number of early verbals. And I think it will translate to wins on the field.
Same here. Undersized right now, but can be fixed by redshirting.
Or maybe even MLB material, if he has that first quick step and they can improve the speed a little.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

If he's already 255, he'll be on the DL
W-Y, Until I Die!
YankPoke
Cowpoke

He should be a defensive tackle after a year or two under Duvall to bulk up. He appears to be a good athlete with a solid dram Duvall can build on. Looks like a solid get