100 Best Traditions in College Football

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

I know this article was old but it still pisses me off that of all those traditions and some teams getting 2-3 the one tradition we are known for is the beer song? That's it? That is like the last thing I think of for Wyoming Football.

Hell I think about the Western Thunder Marching Band, The cannon being fired man I really miss the cannon being fired. Players touching Steamboat on the way into the game so many traditions that go with UW sad only that one is recognized.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1334 ... e-football" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

Forget that, I love the beer song.
52-56
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Seems slightly odd to me too, since Iowa has been doing the Beer song since the 1960's. Were we doing it before them?
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

That why I like it so much (born and halfway raised in Iowa, went to UW).
52-56
Dutchnation
Ranch Hand

One of my favorite traditions growing up in the WAR was when the East and West sides would get in competition with each other with who could be the loudest yelling W-Y-O! Loved that as a youngster. I don't think they do that anymore???
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 230 times

Dutchnation wrote:One of my favorite traditions growing up in the WAR was when the East and West sides would get in competition with each other with who could be the loudest yelling W-Y-O! Loved that as a youngster. I don't think they do that anymore???
No. I heard the West side complained about the noise level at the game.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

Dutchnation wrote:One of my favorite traditions growing up in the WAR was when the East and West sides would get in competition with each other with who could be the loudest yelling W-Y-O! Loved that as a youngster. I don't think they do that anymore???
UW did away with the W-Y-O cheer, and objected to bringing it back, even when it had been often requested by the fanbase. There was a certain female administrator that was by god going to do things her way, or not at all. To say she was (and is) a complete bitch is an understatement.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

McPeachy wrote:
UW did away with the W-Y-O cheer, and objected to bringing it back, even when it had been often requested by the fanbase. There was a certain female administrator that was by god going to do things her way, or not at all. To say she was (and is) a complete bitch is an understatement.
Probably a BYU grad. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
BJC
A Real Cowboy

but all kinds of schools do the beer song :twocents:
Hayduke
Cowpoke

BJC wrote:but all kinds of schools do the beer song :twocents:
They have played it at U of North Dakota hockey games since at least since I was a little kid. U of Wisconsin, etc... It's fun wherever it gets played.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
nirv117
Ranch Hand

That was a favorite of mine too. They tried to do it once or twice recently, but the cheerleaders didn't know what to do - the kinda divided the east and west side into thirds and had a small section do each letter instead of the entire east or west side yelling WYO, and they also were way to slow with it. We need to pull up some old video for them to watch. also many in the crowd didn't seem to know what to do - it was embarrassing.

Almost as embarrassing as them announcing that we are going to do a cheer over the loudspeakers. I hate the every second planned out crap - that has significantly impacted the game experience imo.
God is a Cowboy
nirv117
Ranch Hand

OrediggerPoke wrote:
My new seats are in the middle of the west side now. I'll increase the noise level for those around me whether they like it or not.
God is a Cowboy
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

We have a tradition of losing. God I hope we change that...
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

nirv117 wrote:
OrediggerPoke wrote:
My new seats are in the middle of the west side now. I'll increase the noise level for those around me whether they like it or not.
Ditto!