ADs struggling to get students to college football games

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... /14201037/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interesting article. There's a thousand reasons why students are coming anymore not even mentioned in this article.
ImageImageImageImage
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

A lot of questions in the article, without any answers or even guesses given. TV is safe, easy, adds options, brings so much more, and is dirt cheap compared to a day-trip to the stadium.

I found this quote particularly interesting:

"As college football increasingly becomes a television sport, the entire paradigm may have to change where partial season ticket packages and smaller stadiums are the norm as opposed to the donors schools can count on to shell out thousands of dollars in donations year after year just for the right to buy their seats."
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
sandiegopoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 15 times

Glad to see some backfire for the teams that seem to have every game televised. Schadenfruede for sure.

I'm thinking of dropping the tiers I need to get NBC Sports Network and CBS Sports Network and the Fox College Sports networks because I will only get to see 2 games that I will not see in person between Wyoming and San Diego State. Is that worth the extra $70/month for 4 months? They are pricing my right out of watching on TV, mainly because I don't care about seeing those SEC, ACC, Big 12, B1G, and PAC games. I'll get plenty of them on CBS, ABC/ESPN/ESPN2, Fox West 1, Fox West 2, SportsNet LA, PAC-12, etc that are all on the basic tier...
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

sandiegopoke wrote:Glad to see some backfire for the teams that seem to have every game televised. Schadenfruede for sure.

I'm thinking of dropping the tiers I need to get NBC Sports Network and CBS Sports Network and the Fox College Sports networks because I will only get to see 2 games that I will not see in person between Wyoming and San Diego State. Is that worth the extra $70/month for 4 months? They are pricing my right out of watching on TV, mainly because I don't care about seeing those SEC, ACC, Big 12, B1G, and PAC games. I'll get plenty of them on CBS, ABC/ESPN/ESPN2, Fox West 1, Fox West 2, SportsNet LA, PAC-12, etc that are all on the basic tier...
The nice thing about all the P5 conference is they all have their own TV Networks now and if you are fine with watching them online you can drop your cable package down but still tune in on the web site and save yourself money on the channels on your cable package.

But I'll just put this out there, XBMC if you aren't familiar with it you should learn it because if cable costs are too high for you it is the best alternative for still being able to watch everything.