Playoffs now that we have some understanding?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

This post was inevitable sooner or later " I " someone was going to post it and we haven't really had a true discussion about it and we all most likely feel the same way about it.

This is a very good article and if you haven't read it you should. Playoff is a problem for the little guys

Now a lot of the information in that article we are all well too familiar with, If you have been a long time Cowboys fan this is something that dates back to the WAC and why the MWC was formed. The unfortunate of it all, The MWC was a great creation but only one previous WAC member actually benefitted from it being Utah. Everyone else in the MWC today is just in the WAC all over.

I think we all remember this April 21, 2009 Thompson pitches playoff plan. Most people tell me when I talk about College Football that I'm pessimistic and a conspiracy theorist and when I talk about the BCS or the new Playoff Committee it's true I am. I absolutely and 100% believe that they declined the 8 playoff system to control G5 schools having very very limited opportunity and that is what 4 spots gives them a monopoly on where the NC Title goes, They don't care what P5 has it just that is a P5.

For discussion sake can any G5 Team without having five P5 opponents on the schedule that they beat ever see #4 on the Committee based polls?

Some articles and websites that might give you more insight if you haven't researched it already.

2014 College Playoffs
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Some more information to add to it all

What conferences will get guaranteed slots in one of the CFP bowls?

The champions of the five conferences (ACC, SEC, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-12) with contract bowls are guaranteed spots in one of the CFP bowls. A sixth spot will be guaranteed to the highest-ranked champion from the other "Group of Five" conferences: American, Mountain West, Mid-American, Sun Belt and Conference USA. These conferences had to have access to the CFP and the simplest way to do it was to guarantee a slot to the best team from that group of five.

"We thought it was important to have that automatic access in order to help those conferences stay strong," dna rifle said.