ACS a GA at Missouri

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Last edited by Subcanis on Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

What a douche. I left Laramie for a better opportunity academically. Maybe had he focused on academics here he would've found their value. Dude partied like a rock star. Good riddance
gopokes1399
Blog Team

Ghali Muhammad is also at Missouri
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Odd landing spot. Would think with DC's connections still at Missouri and perceived bad relationship with ACS that he would not end up there. The whole Vanderbilt rape story and his involvement was fishy. In any event, he wasn't charged.

Good luck to him at Missouri.
VisorHair
Ranch Hand

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:What a douche. I left Laramie for a better opportunity academically. Maybe had he focused on academics here he would've found their value. Dude partied like a rock star. Good riddance
YOUMADBRO?

"In this geographical area; Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, and Western Kansas - there's a new Sheriff in town." - Coach Bohl
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

VisorHair wrote:
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:What a douche. I left Laramie for a better opportunity academically. Maybe had he focused on academics here he would've found their value. Dude partied like a rock star. Good riddance
YOUMADBRO?
Haha. Thats a clown question bro
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

So butt-hurt.

Get over it.

He gave us our only bowl win in the last decade.
He was overwhelmed by stuff, and made poor decisions as an 18-22 year old kid.
Now he is a smart, educated young man who wants to make a difference in peoples lives.

Good for ACS.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

BeaverPoke wrote:

So butt-hurt.

Get over it.

Now he is a smart, educated young man who wants to make a difference in peoples lives.

Good for ACS.
I know in this day and age of your generation having no loyalty to anyone or anything; I still believe Loyalty means something. Maybe one day you'll realize that. Unfortunately you are loyal to this board...
I'm good for 3!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Cornpoke wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:

So butt-hurt.

Get over it.

Good for ACS.
I know in this day and age of your generation having no loyalty to anyone or anything; I still believe Loyalty means something. Maybe one day you'll realize that. Unfortunately you are loyal to this board...
:lol: Calm down kicker.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Cornpoke wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:

So butt-hurt.

Get over it.

Good for ACS.
ItSucks...Maybe ACS said he was leaving for a better opportunity academically, but I don't remember that. However, everyone outside of this board would agree that Vanderbilt is considered a higher academic university as compared to Wyoming. As far as partying, he and the other QBs were less involved in this than the rest of the team. But maybe you saw him in different circumstances.

Beav...I don't see where he was overwhelmed and made poor decisions in regard to leaving. DC was an asshole, even if ACS did get better treatment than most other players. Going to a better university to play on a better team in a better league, sort of sounds like a good decision.

Corn...Are you with the first job you ever had? Are you with your first girlfriend? Loyalty is a good trait, but you also have to move along. Sometimes that means leaving something behind. ACS gave us two good years, the first one very surprising and pleasing. He held down the fort until Brett showed up.

I think it's a pretty smart plan for ACS to go to Missouri as a GA. If DC can be an understudy to Pinkel and turn it into million dollar contracts, ACS might be thinking he could eventually do the same, in the "industry" he loves. ACS was a better player than DC and is apparently smarter, so why not give it a shot. All the players can't go to the NFL, so coaching or TV is the next best thing.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Loyalty? Come on....dont act like he owed anything to us or wyo. Why would a player be loyal when a coach isn't? And we only care because he played fb. If he sucked-didn't play we_you wouldn't give two poop about what he did or how he did it.

He could be a great guy...asshole...or even a rapist. But he chose to leave for whatever reason....his life. I dont have any clue what happened (feel free to provide details) but I find it ironic when loyalty is brought up. Coaches...players come and go but the bucking horse stays the same. Was there before and will be there after.

:twocents:
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

ACS gave us two good years
He sucked his sophomore year.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

cowboyz wrote:
Cornpoke wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:

So butt-hurt.

Get over it.

Good for ACS.
ItSucks...Maybe ACS said he was leaving for a better opportunity academically, but I don't remember that. However, everyone outside of this board would agree that Vanderbilt is considered a higher academic university as compared to Wyoming. As far as partying, he and the other QBs were less involved in this than the rest of the team. But maybe you saw him in different circumstances.

Beav...I don't see where he was overwhelmed and made poor decisions in regard to leaving. DC was an asshole, even if ACS did get better treatment than most other players. Going to a better university to play on a better team in a better league, sort of sounds like a good decision.

Corn...Are you with the first job you ever had? Are you with your first girlfriend? Loyalty is a good trait, but you also have to move along. Sometimes that means leaving something behind. ACS gave us two good years, the first one very surprising and pleasing. He held down the fort until Brett showed up.

I think it's a pretty smart plan for ACS to go to Missouri as a GA. If DC can be an understudy to Pinkel and turn it into million dollar contracts, ACS might be thinking he could eventually do the same, in the "industry" he loves. ACS was a better player than DC and is apparently smarter, so why not give it a shot. All the players can't go to the NFL, so coaching or TV is the next best thing.
As for my first job... they are out of business or otherwise I probably would have. First girlfriend doesn't count (kindergarten?), but as for my wife, yes she is my first and it feels great knowing we are loyal to each other everyday.
I'm good for 3!
cowboyz
Cowpoke

Cornpoke wrote:
cowboyz wrote:
Cornpoke wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:

So butt-hurt.

Get over it.

Good for ACS.

As for my first job... they are out of business or otherwise I probably would have. First girlfriend doesn't count (kindergarten?), but as for my wife, yes she is my first and it feels great knowing we are loyal to each other everyday.
Well, if you've had no other girlfriend since the age of 19 and you're now going to stay with your present job forever, then my hats off to you. But I guarantee, this is very rare.
thirtyseven
Ranch Hand

Anyone know what Brett Smith is up to these days?
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

CFL, last I heard.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Cowboyz, I got the feeling he was overwhelmed with people and expectations after reading that article. I could have gotten the wrong impression though.
ProudWYOAlum
Ranch Hand

I'm also a little surprised he ended up at Mizzou after burning DC.

His transfer worked out as we landed Brett Smith. You have to wonder what would have happened had we had either Carta-Samuels or Smith as a senior.

Every article I see about ACS, he builds his journey up as some miraculous underdog. He seems to be a storyteller.
VisorHair
Ranch Hand

He took a GA gig at a premier institution, a win-win for both parties. I'm sure DC helped him land it in all honesty, one phone call to Gary and it's done. It's one hell of an opportunity for ACS, he'll learn a ton and will have Mizzou on his resume. No brainer!

"In this geographical area; Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, and Western Kansas - there's a new Sheriff in town." - Coach Bohl
cowboyz
Cowpoke

Cuttslam wrote:
ACS gave us two good years
He sucked his sophomore year.
I don't think he sucked his sophomore season, the team went backwards, but ACS numbers were close to his freshman year. Less passing yards overall, but higher percentage and yards per game, more rushing yards and higher APC, one less TD pass and 3 more INTs. The surprising team of 2009 was just overwhelmed in 2010 playing a bunch of ranked teams early on and never recovering until the ass-pounding we gave CSU.