NCAA: No slogans on jerseys

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

NCAA ruled that no schools, except the service academies, can put slogans on their jerseys. So even if we weren't retiring them, the camo jerseys (or at least the nameplates) wouldn't be allowed anymore anyway.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... wed-future
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

Interesting. I think the NCAA has bigger issues to worry about - and never saw the harm.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

how's this, no names on Wyo uni's at all. Team First. Go Pokes, lets get this season started. Bohl time.
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
BigPurp278
Buckaroo

I don't believe that's 100% accurate.
Per the NCAA, jerseys may contain only a player's name, the school name, the NCAA logo, sleeve stripes, an American flag, a state flag or logo for a school, conference, mascot, postseason game, memorial or the military. Exceptions have been made only for service academies and other military-related alternate uniforms.
I'm sure that our Camo uniforms are military-related alternate uniforms.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I believe Vanderbilt was penalized for wearing slogans on their Jersey's in their game against Temple.
I'm good for 3!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

BigPurp278 wrote:I don't believe that's 100% accurate.
Per the NCAA, jerseys may contain only a player's name, the school name, the NCAA logo, sleeve stripes, an American flag, a state flag or logo for a school, conference, mascot, postseason game, memorial or the military. Exceptions have been made only for service academies and other military-related alternate uniforms.
Where did you get this quote from? The article I linked was addressing a brand new rule change, so if the quote you used is from over 2 days ago, it's no longer correct.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

Cornpoke wrote:I believe Vanderbilt was penalized for wearing slogans on their Jersey's in their game against Temple.
Last edited by Wyo2dal on Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

WestWYOPoke wrote:
BigPurp278 wrote:I don't believe that's 100% accurate.
Where did you get this quote from? The article I linked was addressing a brand new rule change, so if the quote you used is from over 2 days ago, it's no longer correct.
He got the same info from the same place that everyone else got it and it is correct.