Wyoming-Montana Game Thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

CowboyNV wrote:I'll happily eat a little crow after predicting a MT win. But the jury is still out on CK. Saw some good things today, and other things that bother me. Definitely a work in progress. Congratulations Pokes!!!! Next stop Air Force.
This doesn't look like the same Air Force that got blanked in conference last year. This is a Air Force that can easily beat some teams.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:Doesn't Kirk know how to run a clock out?
I think the blame there goes to the refs. There seemed to be mass confusion.
Doesn't matter you don't take the snap on 4th and kneel with 12 seconds on the clock, No matters who fault it is we have seen 12 seconds turn into a touchdown.
Was it for sure 4th down? Wouldn't Montana have gotten a chance at the end then?
Suppose they might have forgot to change it to 4th down, There was 3rd down and Kirk run a bootleg and slid down. That made it fourth down. So the officials at the end screwing with the game clock screwed everyone up including Bohl he looked confused on the sideline.

Either way don't take chances is my point run the clock out period.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Bohl !! Warning !! Don't EVER get behind by more that 10 points in the 4th quarter. That's EVER.
johnywyo
Ranch Hand

J-Rod wrote:Well...17-12 vs. FCS school doesn't exactly scream "bowl game here we come!"...but it's better than a loss. Still...expectations should be tempered going forward. This team is a few injuries away from disaster.

Just like any other year. Pessimism and armchair analysis aside, this could have been a 24-0 shutout. Kirk is not Smith, I will take fundamental football over fireworks and no coaching any day of the week. A work in progress, add some key players in the near term and we have a TEAM. Something we haven't seen or been a part of in a long time.
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

This team cannot get behind at all. Being forced to pass = here comes the blowout.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Adv8RU12 wrote:Bohl !! Warning !! Don't EVER get behind by more that 10 points in the 4th quarter. That's EVER.
Out of his 32 career losses at NDSU, only eight were by ten or more points. Four of those eight came in 2009, Bohl's only season below-.500 at NDSU (3-8).
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Well, just listening on the radio: 1) I don't expect Colby to last long, he was just flat out bad 2) rbs are awesome! 3) defense is good again hooray!! 4) we made 2nd half adjustments! Hooray! 5) no idea what to expect from a win loss perspective but we're definitely tougher, better conditioned, and more disciplined
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
VisorHair
Ranch Hand

Sooo if Kirk gets yanked.. Who's next? And what can they do that Kirk can't?

Didn't get to watch today's game!

"In this geographical area; Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, and Western Kansas - there's a new Sheriff in town." - Coach Bohl
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

VisorHair wrote:Sooo if Kirk gets yanked.. Who's next? And what can they do that Kirk can't?

Didn't get to watch today's game!
Thornton. Who can run.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

It's actually really nice to hear from a coach after a game where what he says makes sense, He takes ownership of the good and the bad. I'm fairly sure that Bohl first interview was longer and more in depth than any interview CDC gave over 5 years.
lakesbison
Cowpoke

Good first win. Now you know what the "system" is about....Play solid defense. Make halftime adjustments and be patience with offense. And. WIN!
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

I don't hear any indications they are moving away from him. Oregon and Michigan state are going to stack the box and murder us.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

LasCrucesPoke wrote:I don't hear any indications they are moving away from him. Oregon and Michigan state are going to stack the box and murder us.
Oregon's run defense isn't that good
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote: Oregon's run defense isn't that good
lmao are you serious?
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote: Oregon's run defense isn't that good
lmao are you serious?
They finished 66th last year...average.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

They're better than our o-line can block with 9 guys in the box.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote: They finished 66th last year...average.
They play in the Pac-12...they face elite runners all the time on great teams. Wyoming just scored 17 points at home vs. an FCS school...not exactly an indicator that Wyoming will have success on the ground vs. a Top 5 team.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

J-Rod wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote: They finished 66th last year...average.
They play in the Pac-12...they face elite runners all the time on great teams. Wyoming just scored 17 points at home vs. an FCS school...not exactly an indicator that Wyoming will have success on the ground vs. a Top 5 team.
Some of that (not all, but some) is on the OC. Some questionable play calling during the game.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

I'm positive I've never seen anyone smile as much as Eddie Yarbrough, That guy must smile 24/7!
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Wyo2dal wrote:
CowboyNV wrote:I'll happily eat a little crow after predicting a MT win. But the jury is still out on CK. Saw some good things today, and other things that bother me. Definitely a work in progress. Congratulations Pokes!!!! Next stop Air Force.
This doesn't look like the same Air Force that got blanked in conference last year. This is a Air Force that can easily beat some teams.
Are you sure? I remember the AFA last year blank a bad Colgate 38-13, to start the year, then it was all down hill for them. Colgate was not a good FCS school, Nicholls St. Is also not a good FCS school. Montana is a dynasty in FCS, I think this weeks scores are not a good indication of how each team is. Every year for the past five years at least AFA blows out a mediocre FCS school. And player wise, other than that Jacobi Owens, wh really stands out?