question. ..

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
jcintherock
Ranch Hand

.... has there ever been a worse starting quarterback in the history of Wyoming football than this dude? ? I can't think of one.

Youth movement soon...hopefully.

Peace
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

Maybe Dax Crum? Also, the guy that started against csewe in Glenn's last year. Guy couldn't throw and was overweight. But in answer to your question: this guy has both of those beat. I hate to think of what's behind him if this is the best we got.
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

while this isn't good, I was in attendance for the Corey Bramlet 7 turnover debacle against TCU in '05 i believe. Worst single game QB performance ever in my mind. He was so bad it led to the incredible Jake Doss starting a few games, ugly stretch of football.
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

bladerunnr wrote:Maybe Dax Crum? Also, the guy that started against csewe in Glenn's last year. Guy couldn't throw and was overweight. But in answer to your question: this guy has both of those beat. I hate to think of what's behind him if this is the best we got.
Haha totally forgot about Crum, his name pretty much summed up his QB ability.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

FarmerPoke wrote:while this isn't good, I was in attendance for the Corey Bramlet 7 turnover debacle against TCU in '05 i believe. Worst single game QB performance ever in my mind. He was so bad it led to the incredible Jake Doss starting a few games, ugly stretch of football.
That game broke my heart. Several of the turnovers happened right by the endzone as we were about to power it in as well, and despite all that, the game was close. Worst game I've been to just because of how frustrating it was.
hithere
Ranch Hand

jcintherock wrote:.... has there ever been a worse starting quarterback in the history of Wyoming football than this dude? ? I can't think of one.

Peace
Stutzreim was pretty bad and Sween near the end of his career was terrible too.

But, Kirkegaard! Between Cal-Poly, at Nevada in 2012 in the 4th and today... I can't imagine Thornton, Young or one of the freshmen could be much worse. Thankfully Wick and May are playing.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 142 times

Montana's QB looked pretty bad
W-Y, Until I Die!
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Karsten Sween - the Interception throwing Machine?
jcintherock wrote:.... has there ever been a worse starting quarterback in the history of Wyoming football than this dude? ? I can't think of one.

Peace
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 229 times

I would say none that I remember.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy

WyoBrandX wrote:Karsten Sween - the Interception throwing Machine?

Peace
But Karsten was pretty good before he went bad. He beat Utah, csewe, and TCU.

I'm a bit concerned that the current qb could really struggle this year. Maybe he'll turn it around and start making better decisions and quicker reads and more accurate throws and moving more than a statue in the pocket and not trying to throw the ball when the defender has him wrapped up or not throwing across the middle when there are 5 defenders in the end zone and ..... oh, forget it. Can we just switch to the wishbone and make one of the running backs the qb?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Peace
Sween was much better than this. I'd also put Sween above crum, Benjamin and doss.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

bladerunnr wrote:

Peace
But Karsten was pretty good before he went bad. He beat Utah, csewe, and TCU.

I'm a bit concerned that the current qb could really struggle this year. Maybe he'll turn it around and start making better decisions and quicker reads and more accurate throws and moving more than a statue in the pocket and not trying to throw the ball when the defender has him wrapped up or not throwing across the middle when there are 5 defenders in the end zone and ..... oh, forget it. Can we just switch to the wishbone and make one of the running backs the qb?
That's where Stratton comes in
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Sweden almost beat Syracuse but never was the same after becoming a daddy. After sophomore year I believe because he held a clipboard his senior year
W-Y, Until I Die!
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

not a day goes by that I don't think about what might have been had brett smith stayed this year. This could have been a very very special season for the Pokes and I feel like it got botched.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

djm19 wrote:not a day goes by that I don't think about what might have been had brett smith stayed this year. This could have been a very very special season for the Pokes and I feel like it got botched.
We talked about this a lot after the game. So depressing to think about. This would have been a 50-6 game with smith. This team could have been at least competitive with oregon with smith.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Wisconsin's QB is pretty bad. God, I hate the SEC. The most corrupt conference out there. I look at their teams and wonder what kind of crimes they committed to get recruits. Seriously! Who would ever live in Louisiana????
W-Y, Until I Die!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

laxwyo wrote:Wisconsin's QB is pretty bad. God, I hate the SEC. The most corrupt conference out there. I look at their teams and wonder what kind of crimes they committed to get recruits. Seriously! Who would ever live in Louisiana????
New Orleans?
AfiPoke
Cowpoke

Although the decision making can often be fixed after a few games, it's hard to fix accuracy problems. Especially with Oregon and Michigan State looming (those won't be confidence builders).

Wish I could say I felt confident with the guy... I just don't.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

I don't like bad mouthing players, especially ones that have worked their asses off for the team and what not, but that int and fumble really hurt us.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy

fromolwyoming wrote:I don't like bad mouthing players, especially ones that have worked their asses off for the team and what not, but that int and fumble really hurt us.
Understood. But I'm guessing we have a player who is a very good practice player. He always look good in practice but simply can't perform in a game. That's fine. It happens. Some guys look great on the driving range and putting green but once the round starts, they play like Rodney Dangerfield. So the coach has to see this tendency and make a change. The guy is a senior and the team was Montana - at home. It ain't gonna get any easier than this.