question. ..

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
YankPoke
Cowpoke

laxwyo wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:
OrediggerPoke wrote:
cowboyz wrote: I've seen some praise for the D and the RBs etc., but I'll give a shout out to the kicking game. Stuart wasn't called on to hit a game winner, but he hit every time he was called upon and his 5 points were the margin of victory, and Ethan averaged over 44 yards a punt. I'll take that every game!
I will give a shot out to our former kicker...Daniel Sullivan. He lowered the boom on the kickoffs and sailed them through the endzone. He would be a nice weapon to have.
Yep, he launched those kicks pretty well.
Is he the one that missed the XP?

Colby was sacked 6 times right? Half of those were Colby's fault. OL can't block forever. I thought OL played relatively well. And by that, I mean, it wasn't a complete poop show.
The o line was a poop show pass blocking. I give Kirk a c for the game he didn't play terribly and if he didn't make those two dumb mistakes I would've rated him higher. A big probl was he had happy feet from not being able to do a 3 step drop without being under pressure. Line looked good in run game and dominated there, but need vast improvement in pass block or Colby doesn't stand a chance.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

Yes the line did get manhandled at times when we passed. Our right tackle had problems with the long haired DE and some interior guys got beat on occasion. The thing was at times there were eight defenders in the box, leaving our WR's with man coverage and still he was incredibly inaccurate after the first quarter. After the turnovers he seemed very unstable ( can't say I don't blame him ) and wide open receivers had to drop to their knees to make the catch. Hopefully it was jitters and I do believe he is our best option at this point. I expect to see either a huge improvement or a huge meltdown by CK. I'm really pulling for Kirk and I know he can be a serviceable Qb if he just relaxes and trusts his training. Easy for me to say I know, but he is a Qb for an FBS team so let's hope his first win as a starter can boost his confidence.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

It's basically how I play QB in NCAA 14, Just going to run for life.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Wyo2dal wrote:It's basically how I play QB in NCAA 14, Just going to run for life.
If we put you in for Kirkegaard, please realize it is okay to throw beyond 15 yards.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

Whoever was blocking OL needs to be looked at, That long haired guy got through so many times it's not even funny, Hell one of the times he was holding him with a handful of hair. Needs better push or control they need something on that or Colby is going to be running for his life.

By running for his life what I really mean is sitting on his ass.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:It's basically how I play QB in NCAA 14, Just going to run for life.
If we put you in for Kirkegaard, please realize it is okay to throw beyond 15 yards.
Four Verts, Always throw to X or R1 on the crossing route........
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

laxwyo wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:
OrediggerPoke wrote:
cowboyz wrote: I've seen some praise for the D and the RBs etc., but I'll give a shout out to the kicking game. Stuart wasn't called on to hit a game winner, but he hit every time he was called upon and his 5 points were the margin of victory, and Ethan averaged over 44 yards a punt. I'll take that every game!
I will give a shot out to our former kicker...Daniel Sullivan. He lowered the boom on the kickoffs and sailed them through the endzone. He would be a nice weapon to have.
Yep, he launched those kicks pretty well.
Is he the one that missed the XP?

No, I believe that was a different kicker.
gbpoke
Cowpoke

Wyo2dal wrote:Whoever was blocking OL needs to be looked at, That long haired guy got through so many times it's not even funny, Hell one of the times he was holding him with a handful of hair. Needs better push or control they need something on that or Colby is going to be running for his life.

I could be wrong, but itsn't the long haired guy the one who they are projecting to be a NFL caliber player? If so I guess it's somewhat understandable that our O-line would have some problems with him. Still have to do a better job though because Oregon and Michigan State are full of guys who are NFL caliber players.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

gbpoke wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:Whoever was blocking OL needs to be looked at, That long haired guy got through so many times it's not even funny, Hell one of the times he was holding him with a handful of hair. Needs better push or control they need something on that or Colby is going to be running for his life.

I could be wrong, but itsn't the long haired guy the one who they are projecting to be a NFL caliber player? If so I guess it's somewhat understandable that our O-line would have some problems with him. Still have to do a better job though because Oregon and Michigan State are full of guys who are NFL caliber players.
Yes, he was their conference pre season defensive POY. He will at the very least be a free agent signee. He probably shouldn't have applied as much pressure as he did, but don't completely blame our OL, that kid is talented.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

To me the question is, "Can Captain Kirk become a game manager." I don't need him to be Brett Smith. I need him to stop turning the ball over. I need him to make the open passes. I need him to throw the ball away to avoid sacks. I don't need him to try and force a ball into coverage.

If he can learn to do that we have a chance to be very competitive.

If he continues to turn the ball over, I see a change to Tommy or the youth movement. That's one thing we simply can't have is turnovers on offense.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Cowboy Junky wrote:To me the question is, "Can Captain Kirk become a game manager." I don't need him to be Brett Smith. I need him to stop turning the ball over. I need him to make the open passes. I need him to throw the ball away to avoid sacks. I don't need him to try and force a ball into coverage.

If he can learn to do that we have a chance to be very competitive.

If he continues to turn the ball over, I see a change to Tommy or the youth movement. That's one thing we simply can't have is turnovers on offense.
That is exactly where I am too. His passes need to be on target (not high, low, or behind), without staring down his receivers. His screen passes were just fine, and I think those have the potential to go the distance with the way our running backs almost always make the first guy miss. I don't want to see any forced passes or plays from him...

I have a feeling Tommy wouldn't be a terrible option, though he might have a tendency to try to do too much at this point.