MWC Games 8/30 Weekend

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

CSU
* This team is going to be as good as they were last year if not better.
* They have a solid running game and they won't be easy to beat.

AFA
* Starting QB back after missing all year last year.
* New running back that had a monster 233 yard day today and looked pretty solid.
* AFA Defense gave up 263 yards to an FCS School.

Fresno
* No QB at this point we have a better QB, Brandon Connette went 4/13 for 38 yards and 2 Int's.
* Brian Burrell is having a better go at QB but not much better 5/8 37 Yards.

SDSU
* QB questions as well, Quinn Kaehler 14/25 166 yards 1 TD, 1 Int.

UNM
* Nothing great going on there, You can tell they are missing the 1-2 punch at RB they had last year.
* QB we already knew what their QB was like.

BSU
* QB Issues here as well.
* Solid running game but only have one back to carry the load.

UNR
* Solid QB
* Solid running backs

UNLV
* QB issues here as well.
* 2 very quality receivers.
* No running game to speak of, QB had the most rushing yards and that is never a good thing.

HI - Best looking MWC Team against a strong opponent.
* QB 9/12 94 Yards
* 4 Running backs with at least 1 carry each
* 6 Receivers with at least one reception each
* 10 min ToP in the first Quarter
Last edited by Wyo2dal on Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Actually on UNR, their QB has good skills, but is about as "solid" as porcelain.

I also want to see how the sheep do against someone not name CU. Face it, CU has sucked for a LONG time. We'll find out more about them against BSU.

Fresno is going up against a talent laden USC team who destroyed their best team ever just last year. So, I'll give them a pass for this.

AFA always runs rampant over FCS. Nothing new there.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Fresno is nearing 600 total yards given up. That is never okay. USC always has great talent, but they're not a juggernaut on offense just yet.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

Added Hawaii comments, Feels strange that they are having the strongest showing of all MWC teams so far this opening week.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

I didn't think CSU's running attack looked any more dangerous than ours. Wick with over 130, May with 97 and that Hill kid looks to be the real deal. I'll match our runners with theirs and feel good about our odds. Where CSU may have an edge is QB
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

Wyo2dal wrote:Added Hawaii comments, Feels strange that they are having the strongest showing of all MWC teams so far this opening week.
Don't get too excited. I saw Hawaii give USC a good one last year to start the season and see how that turned out
W-Y, Until I Die!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:I didn't think CSU's running attack looked any more dangerous than ours. Wick with over 130, May with 97 and that Hill kid looks to be the real deal. I'll match our runners with theirs and feel good about our odds. Where CSU may have an edge is QB
I don't know - as bad as CU is, I have a feeling their defense is stronger and faster than Montana's.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

Hawaii lost but they got screwed, Washington back stepped out a good yard short of the first down but they got back to the ball and snapped it before anything could be done so that first down sealed the game. It should have been fourth down with Hawaii getting the ball back.

Hawaii looks much improved this year or Washington is just pure poop.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Wyo2dal wrote:Hawaii lost but they got screwed, Washington back stepped out a good yard short of the first down but they got back to the ball and snapped it before anything could be done so that first down sealed the game. It should have been fourth down with Hawaii getting the ball back.

Hawaii looks much improved this year or Washington is just pure poop.
There's been some talk on the MWC board that Peterson kept promoting from within every time an assistant got hired away and eventually ended up with "meh" coaches, which is what he took with him to Washington. It would explain the sheer drop off in production after Kellen Moore and company graduated. His assistants by then were far below those that he used to have.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote: There's been some talk on the MWC board that Peterson kept promoting from within every time an assistant got hired away and eventually ended up with "meh" coaches, which is what he took with him to Washington. It would explain the sheer drop off in production after Kellen Moore and company graduated. His assistants by then were far below those that he used to have.
Bingo. Washington did not hire the 2008-2011 Boise State staff, they got the poop 2012-2013 staff that led Boise State off the rails. The assistants that made Boise great are either at Boise (Harsin, Yates, etc.) or elsewhere (Wilcox at USC). This Petersen era in Seattle could turn out like the Hawkins era in Boulder all over again.

Petersen is proving the truth that a head coach is as good as his staff.

But Wyo2Dal is right, give UH credit. They stole that coach from Utah State's defense and he worked wonders right away.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

Hawaii is still the same team as last year. So close in a lot of games, but just can't get the breaks or finish nice drives. Washington looked like poop without their best player last year Bishop Sankey. I honestly have no clue how or why they were ranked #25 by the AP poll. I think Hawaii will be a dangerous game for us, but expect Bohl to put out a great game plan. Now that our Defense can finally stop the run ( or at least I hope they can ) we will win the close games.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

Utah State...... man talk about getting a beatdown. I don't think anyone expected that.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Wyo2dal wrote:Utah State...... man talk about getting a beatdown. I don't think anyone expected that.
Other than Keeton, they don't return much from their offense 1 or 2 years ago (take your pick). Their defense is somewhat holding, but is pretty well outmatched.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Said all off-season....loss of so many starters + Keeton returning from devastating injury was a bad combo. Aggies are easily the MW's most overrated team.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Wyo2dal wrote: I don't think anyone expected that.
:whistle: check out a few threads on thid board.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.