Gang of 5 vs the "Power 5"

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

So I've been thinking - if the NCAA lets the P5 pay for everything in 5 years...shouldn't the schools that can't pay the cash be able to allow the student/athlete to compete for 8-10 years and get a masters degree?

It would allow a competitive edge on the football side allowing a player to play years longer (and give them a bigger degree). it would also allow the underdogs to compete.

Thoughts?
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

So like everyone be mature like they were in BYU and all went on 3 year missions? It would be interesting if they were granted additional years but honestly. What I hear more and more and I'm worried about is the P5 will realize the need to only schedule P5 teams so they can have the best SoS possible.

I think we are a mere few years away from P5 Teams not ever scheduling FCS or G5 games. If it comes to that I think the G5 needs to create their own playoff system much like the MWC Commissioner suggested back in 2009. They need to start planning for it NOW they need to look at sponsorship and TV revenue as well as a playoff system.

It's time to get ahead of the lockout before it cripples the G5 anymore, It's coming believe me.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Wyo2dal wrote:So like everyone be mature like they were in BYU and all went on 3 year missions? It would be interesting if they were granted additional years but honestly. What I hear more and more and I'm worried about is the P5 will realize the need to only schedule P5 teams so they can have the best SoS possible.

I think we are a mere few years away from P5 Teams not ever scheduling FCS or G5 games. If it comes to that I think the G5 needs to create their own playoff system much like the MWC Commissioner suggested back in 2009. They need to start planning for it NOW they need to look at sponsorship and TV revenue as well as a playoff system.

It's time to get ahead of the lockout before it cripples the G5 anymore, It's coming believe me.

Exactly :thumb:
castlerocker
Cowpoke

The "Power 5"?

Rather call it like it is..........."The Greedy 5 Bastards".