Year of 21

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Shaun Wick and Mark Nzeocha. Those two might not be the most talented players on the roster, but I believe they are the keys to a successful season. If they can produce like they did on Saturday, we'll be alright.

Nzeocha was everywhere defensively, and he's solid both in coverage and when blitzing. Gags called him a possible surprise impact player before the game, and he was spot on!

Wick is just a beast. I think I get why he's not necessarily a great practice player, like I've read here. Watching him break tackles is impressive. He is one tough guy to get to the ground, because those legs just keep on moving. He actually reminds me somewhat of Doug Martin.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

joshvanklomp wrote:Wick is just a beast. I think I get why he's not necessarily a great practice player, like I've read here. Watching him break tackles is impressive.
If he went full on in practice, he'd start hurting our own players. I think I'm fine with him working more on fundamentals and "just" finding the holes to hit. :lol:
mwc fan
Cowpoke

joshvanklomp wrote:Shaun Wick and Mark Nzeocha. Those two might not be the most talented players on the roster, but I believe they are the keys to a successful season. If they can produce like they did on Saturday, we'll be alright.

Nzeocha was everywhere defensively, and he's solid both in coverage and when blitzing. Gags called him a possible surprise impact player before the game, and he was spot on!

Wick is just a beast. I think I get why he's not necessarily a great practice player, like I've read here. Watching him break tackles is impressive. He is one tough guy to get to the ground, because those legs just keep on moving. He actually reminds me somewhat of Doug Martin.

Actually both Nezocha and Wick are two of the more talented players on the team. Mark is a physical specimen of strength size and speed. You dont get recruited out of Germany on a scholarship if you dont have talent. Raw as he may have been, he and his brother posess immense talent. As for Wick if you remember he was recruited as both a safety and a running back. That in it self shows he was recruited as an athlete. His leg strength is incredible. I saw three guys on top of him as he was running backwards, then he flipped his hips and ran forward again for five more yards. Also he was a top the depth chart at Rb as a true freshman based off his practice habits. This year it was our Defense that made the run game look bad. Our defensive gap responsibility is on point. Never saw that under DC
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Wick also "struggled" in practice under DC because they played to contact not tackles.

Shaun would run up the middle of the line and be touches and it would count as a 1 yard gain or loss in a scrimmage.
Then in a game he would run up the middle and carry 3 guys with him for 5 yards.

If you guys are surprised at Wicks performance, you haven't been paying attention. Remember, he almost put up 1000 yards last season, and against SJSU had 234 in one game.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

There is a third Nezocha brother if I remember right
W-Y, Until I Die!
mwc fan
Cowpoke

laxwyo wrote:There is a third Nezocha brother if I remember right
Didn't know there was a third brother. I bet he's an incredible athlete too.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

If u can find his twitter page, there looks to be at least three
W-Y, Until I Die!