Winsipedia

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Found a new website and to be honest had no idea it existed but it's got some really cool data on UW Football history.

http://www.winsipedia.com/wyoming" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.winsipedia.com/wyoming/vs/air-force" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

What I gleaned from that: 1-0 against Florida State...suck it Seminoles!
wyopokes2
Ranch Hand

Wanted to bump this back up since today is the Equinox of the college football off season and this is a cool way to burn some time that relates to college football. We're halfway there people! Let's make the winstreak against these guys 2:

http://www.winsipedia.com/wyoming/vs/washington-state" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

WestWYOPoke wrote:What I gleaned from that: 1-0 against Florida State...suck it Seminoles!
1966 Sun Bowl. 28-20 win. Last bowl win until the infamous upset over UCLA in the 2004 Las Vegas Bowl.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

That is a very cool web site. But the chart at the top of our page is freakin' depressing.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

This is a cool website.

I didn't even know the Beavers and Pokes have played.
Any of you old timers remember these games?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

BeaverPoke wrote:This is a cool website.

Last time both played each other was in 1993. That was not that long ago. BTW, we lost 27-16 in the season opener to the Beavs.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Lost Poke wrote:That is a very cool web site. But the chart at the top of our page is freakin' depressing.
Not very good from the beginning of the program up until the 1950's is really skewing that all time wins %. Not very good since the 2000's either.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Wyokie wrote:

Last time both played each other was in 1993. That was not that long ago. BTW, we lost 27-16 in the season opener to the Beavs.
Didn't we lose one like 44-31 in Laramie? I seem to remember going to that one, it was interesting because they only beat us on the ground. They threw 0-4 or something to that effect.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

kansasCowboy wrote:
Wyokie wrote:

Didn't we lose one like 44-31 in Laramie? I seem to remember going to that one, it was interesting because they only beat us on the ground. They threw 0-4 or something to that effect.
Apparently I need to research better. :oops: Completely forgot there was a return game against the Beavers. My bad.

That 44-31 loss you speak of happened a year later in 1994 but that one was in Corvallis. The 1993 game was in Laramie.
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

Man, we smoked Laramie city team and the HS program. Undefeated. I'm sure Burman could get em back on the schedule. Unreal.
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

The mid-60s through mid-70s were truly a golden era of Wyoming football. The bowl list is kinda sad though. The quality of bowl game gradually gets worse as history unfolds. Starts out with major bowl berths (major at the time) and finishes in Albuquerque. :| That obviously has much more to do with college football in general than UW.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:The mid-60s through mid-70s were truly a golden era of Wyoming football. The bowl list is kinda sad though. The quality of bowl game gradually gets worse as history unfolds. Starts out with major bowl berths (major at the time) and finishes in Albuquerque. :| That obviously has much more to do with college football in general than UW.

I think it is equally reflective of college football's bowl problem and Wyoming's lack of success.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.