Oregon line out -43

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

I actually think we cover this. I think Bohl musters up a game plan to eat some time up. But I still think Oregon rolls.

I think Oregon scores at a 80% rate.
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

Wyoming covering the big out of conference games seems to be a good bet.
52-56
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

I always avoid bets on games like these. It all depends on Oregon's coaches, how much they play starters, and go full speed. If they pour on the gas and play starters the entire game, we'll be lucky to be within 60.

If they keep things vanilla, work on a few plays, play young guys, and rest stars, then we might cover.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

I am saying we cover this spread and feel confident about that. Ball control offense will eat clock.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote:I am saying we cover this spread and feel confident about that. Ball control offense will eat clock.
We may control the clock 45 minutes to 15, but Oregon will still likely win 45 to 15 on the scoreboard.

This team is what DC was always looking at when he said time of possession didn't matter.
They score. They score fast. They score a lot.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

BeaverPoke wrote:
OrediggerPoke wrote:I am saying we cover this spread and feel confident about that. Ball control offense will eat clock.
We may control the clock 45 minutes to 15, but Oregon will still likely win 45 to 15 on the scoreboard.

This team is what DC was always looking at when he said time of possession didn't matter.
Unlike DC though, Oregon not only has the talent, but they have been developed as players on both sides of the ball. DC never developed his players.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Joe Glenn's SD Coyotes played them earlier this year and managed to score an offensive TD and two field goals against them. http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=400548257" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm not saying we win it, but we should be able to score a bit and cover the spread.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Ball control requires first downs. We won't get many.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:

Unlike DC though, Oregon not only has the talent, but they have been developed as players on both sides of the ball. DC never developed his players.
Yep. No doubt.

I just don't think us controlling the time of possession will really help us in Eugene. If we were playing the 2013 Wyo team then yes, but we are playing the 2014 Ducks team.
They are what DC had in mind.

But... Bohl isn't going to just assume a loss like DC did.

I expect to see some trick plays with Stratton and some new plays we haven't seen yet.
Do I think we win? No.
Do I think our coach is going to play for a moral victory to make it appear as if we tried? No.
I think our coach is going to play for the win.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

I agree. I think the Pokes will run better than they did against AFA.....strange but true.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

i don't care who we are who we play, when was the last time you saw us being this many down, I hope it stays that way, as closer to game time it gives us more and more confidence to play with the almighty Ducks. I'm gonna be there on my yearly trek to a different place and sure hope Autzen is quite the place. Weather looks good etc...can't wait
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

BeaverPoke wrote:

So, you agree with my assessment?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

JimmyDimes wrote:
I agree. I think the Pokes will run better than they did against AFA.....strange but true.
Completely my thinking. Oregon will not load the box like Air Force and Wick will get some first downs. I am predicting 150+ yards on the ground for the Pokes.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 86 times

I hope that the Pokes go into Autzen with a chip on their shoulder.

Conventional wisdoms says that the line is about right. I say to hell with conventional wisdom and that we come out of this game believing even more that we are on a path toward building something great in Laramie. We may not win, to say it is a long-shot is an understatement, but I also think that Bohl will not allow this team to buy into the notion that we are 6 touchdowns plus worse than Oregon.

I won't predict a score, but I will predict that the Pokes will learn a lot. We will learn that there are fewer places that are more difficult to play in than Autzen, including Spartan Stadium. I predict that we will have some success and will even score some points. We will hopefully move the ball, get some first downs, get some points and keep the clock moving, which is big to the future success of Bohl ball. I think we will also learn a lot about defending and playing disciplined on defense, even if it is after watching Oregon players make big plays.

In a lot of ways, this game is similar (even if tougher) than CSU's game with Alabama last year. If you play the big boys, you learn that all of the other kids on the block aren't as mean and intimidating - even if the big boys clean your clock.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

LawPoke wrote:
In a lot of ways, this game is similar (even if tougher) than CSU's game with Alabama last year. If you play the big boys, you learn that all of the other kids on the block aren't as mean and intimidating - even if the big boys clean your clock.
Interesting comparison with Bama and CSU.

CSU came out of Tuscaloosa 1-3, and finished 8-6. Meaning they went 7-3 after the Bama game including a Border War ass kicking, 3 road wins, and a Bowl victory of a Pac12 school.

Maybe it's not so much about who we are playing, but rather learning about ourselves, and seeing who we are.

That may be the difference between McElwain and DC. DC got scared when we played big teams. McElwain has clearly shown he isn't scared and has improvement each season in FoCo.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 86 times

Yep - you nailed it, Beav.

I guess we will see on Saturday if the last vestiges of DC's "roll-over" mentality are starting to die in the minds of the young men in the brown and gold. We might lose - probably will lose on Saturday - but cannot be losers in how we approach long odds. Seeing quite a few tweets of young men strewn on the floor of the RAC and puking into garbage cans over the summer following tough workouts tells me they aren't the type to cower because Oregon is on the other side of the field.

My buddy has repeated a phrase that is starting to resonate: when you watch Bohl, it is like he knows something that others don't quite grasp in terms of motivating young men and getting them to answer the bell.

I think he is on to something.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

i can't wait for the visit this weekend regardless, and I've been to Okla St, Texas A&M, TCU, Fresno, Texas, Nebraska for our games, one of these years I'll be at a huge win on the road, for a change, hey i can wish/dream
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

I expect us to play hard, physical, and lose I'll say 46-10. Which would be us covering the spead by quite a bit. I would absolutely take this bet.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

We must face the facts. Oregon will exploit the weak Poke secondary (as I predicted that AF would do in several posts). Only unlike AF, Oregon will make some big plays on the pass. On offense the run might pick up more yards than with AF, but the passing game will be much more essential - Colby will have to get rid of it quick - they will be all over him. Another thing to consider -it's going to be hotter than hell in Eugene on Saturday - hotter than the players have experience all year - 88 degrees predicted. Bohl will simply have to use more players in this condition.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Scoring margins in Craig Bohl losses:

9, 7, 3, 2, 3, 3, 3, 31, 6, 9, 1, 5, 3, 8, 5, 10, 1, 17, 3, 10, 3, 15, 15, 4, 4, 7, 12, 10, 3, 7, 3, 3.

Craig Bohl teams don't get blown out very often.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo