Oregon line out -43

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:Be nice BP, your Beaver parts are showing.
Haha...fine.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

I thought this might be the year that Wyo actually arrived as a front runner for MWC with DC and Brett rolling into Smitty's home state for a signature performance. Maybe not a win, but a hard fought sterling performance by the new look. wheel and deal Cowboys. Ironically, this is so far from the reality that lingered in the folds of my gray matter it's almost surreal. Law Poke and Beav make some good points, Vegas elicits it's answer. Where we fall on the scorelboard most likely won't be a good thing, but we can improve for a battle at East Lansing. Bohl is a master motivator, and a great field general. I'm hoping we come out healthy. That said, Smith is history and Mr Personality is in Utah and we roll into the big time with a stoic, old school system of line up and hit somebody. I hope the giant has weak nuts, cause we're gonna be kicking.
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

QuackSmack wrote:Welcome to Autzen... looking forward to the game.

You may very well cover... if Ducks get a big lead in the first half, you can bet that the starters will be pulled after the 1st series of the second half. That said...against South Dakota, the second string QB was 11 for 12 in passing.

To play ball control and own the TOP... will require 1st downs and long sustained drives. How's your running game? Better than Michigan State's?
We don't have the horses like Stanford to slug it out with Oregon if Oregon is even playing average. Hoping Oregon is sleeping this game like AZ last year.

WYO is a mid-level team in a crappy conference. That is where we are, which is an improvement, but not where we are going.

If our O-line was a lot nastier, I'd actually like our chances to keep it respectable. Our RBs and WR are actually pretty decent. We just lack the QB and nasty O-line for them to realize their full potential.

Heading in the right direction, but don't have the horses for our new approach. Oregon looks dang good this year--I expect them in the playoff.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Bisondad
Buckaroo

My son's first year at NDSU was Coach Bohl's first year. I never saw a Bohl team blown out, so I, too, am very interested to see this game. I really think he'll keep it relatively close. Should be very interesting to see.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

NDSU didn't play Oregon. I am hoping for a great showing but Oregon proved last week they can light up anyone. I am sure Bohl has a plan and I hope we shock the world...but.. :coffee:
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

Oregon beat South Dakota 62-13, ToP SD 39 mins Oregon 20. I expect this to be the time of possession for the Wyoming game as well. But I also believe Wyoming has a better defense than SD so while I don't think the Ducks hang 62 on us I find it troubling to believe we will hold them to less than MSU did.

Here is to Oregon overlooking Wyoming but let's be honest Oregon has been putting up big score games for quite a while. Last time they were sub .500 was 2004, That pretty much sums up how the game will go but I believe we can cover that spread.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

joshvanklomp wrote:Scoring margins in Craig Bohl losses:

9, 7, 3, 2, 3, 3, 3, 31, 6, 9, 1, 5, 3, 8, 5, 10, 1, 17, 3, 10, 3, 15, 15, 4, 4, 7, 12, 10, 3, 7, 3, 3.

Craig Bohl teams don't get blown out very often.
Holy Cow!! I thought that sequence looked familiar when I first saw it. Now I've confirmed it. Indeed... it is the
first 32 numbers in the sequence of the Courant-Hilbert Zeta-function series from Topological Number Theory!

An amazing coincidence! Or is it? Can it be some divine prediction of the future? God let's hope not.
Quit reading now if you don't want to know the next number of the sequence. OK... here goes...it is 45.
cowboyz
Cowpoke

QuackSmack wrote:And how is your secondary... one of the Ducks emerging receivers (2 td catches against MSU) is Devon Allen. He was the NCAA and US Champion in the 110 meter hurdles. He beat the world record holder at the US meet.
Literally "world class" speed with good hands. Along with Marshall, Tyner and Freeman out of the backfield. I think you've probably heard of Marcus Mariotta ...he's not all that shabby at QB either.
I am impressed with your new coach... think you've got a good one. Bohl is a winner.
No doubt that Oregon has been a premiere college football team of late. But with all due respect, you do manage to poop your pants every year, sometimes losing to WAC teams or MWC teams, or playing close games against teams that you should have killed. I hear it's why you wear the number of National Championships that you've won on the side of your helmets. Didn't your fastest guy on the planet have only one catch against South Dakota for 5 yards? poop, we have a lumbering tight end that had more catches than that this past weekend against Air Force, thrown by a QB you probably never heard of, in only his 3rd college start. Let's be realistic, the Colorado Buffs have more National Football Championships than Oregon. I guess what I'm saying is that I hope that this weekend is your yearly poop your pants game. Let's face it, it's going to happen, it always does, so why not this weekend?

By the way, I think your coach isn't too shabby either. Here's hoping for a good game and that neither team suffers any injuries.
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

Unless they completely poop the bed after the amazing second half against MSU I hate to say it but we lose 70-10
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I said it somewhere else, too, but... I think we can beat the spread. Our defense has improved quite a bit, and while we're not going to prevent Oregon from scoring, we might at least force them to have to work a tiny bit to get down the field. Jones is going to get picked apart, so one of the safeties will have to help clean up that damage.

Also, we'll be running the clock as much as possible, which should limit the number of possessions Ducks get. I don't foresee any miracles, but I think it's at least possible that we keep the margin under 40...
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

You guys like to try to devalue my comments by saying this isn't FCS any more, and that "last year's NDSU team could beat this year's Wyoming team," but you're missing the point.

While, yes, you may think that NDSU is better than Wyoming, you're forgetting the fact that Bohl was playing up a level against the FBS teams he beat.

I'm not guaranteeing that Wyoming will go into Autzen and win or even that we'll be in a super-close game. What I'm saying is that I definitely don't see us losing by more than five touchdowns. I think we actually keep it between a three- and four-score game, beating the spread fairly easily.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
hithere
Ranch Hand

joshvanklomp wrote:You guys like to try to devalue my comments by saying this isn't FCS any more, and that "last year's NDSU team could beat this year's Wyoming team," but you're missing the point.

While, yes, you may think that NDSU is better than Wyoming, you're forgetting the fact that Bohl was playing up a level against the FBS teams he beat.

I'm not guaranteeing that Wyoming will go into Autzen and win or even that we'll be in a super-close game. What I'm saying is that I definitely don't see us losing by more than five touchdowns. I think we actually keep it between a three- and four-score game, beating the spread fairly easily.
What would be your points total then with a 28 point line?

f-word it, I'll put a unit on Wyoming covering 44 points and another unit on your total prediction. You seem very determined to be taken seriously on an internet message board so I'll tail your conviction and hopefully make some money.

Good luck to us all.
Smallriver
Buckaroo

Greetings Cowboys I don't believe our Duck coaches desire to hang 70 on your team. Against South Dakota (who played their butts off) we used many freshmen and walk-ons in the second half. We have 32 freshmen on the team and a good number of them have considerable playing time the first two games. Coaches want them to have more experience so you will see these kids for sure. I know you will play your hearts out and never give up. You have one of the best coaches in football. NDSU has been my FCS team for many years. Bohl will make you proud down the road. He is good, good stuff.

Best wishes from this Duck to you Cowboys. No injuries would be perfect. Hope some of you fans come to town and enjoy the heck out of Eugene and the area. Cheers!
hithere
Ranch Hand

Smallriver wrote:Greetings Cowboys I don't believe our Duck coaches desire to hang 70 on your team. Against South Dakota (who played their butts off) we used many freshmen and walk-ons in the second half. We have 32 freshmen on the team and a good number of them have considerable playing time the first two games. Coaches want them to have more experience so you will see these kids for sure. I know you will play your hearts out and never give up. You have one of the best coaches in football. NDSU has been my FCS team for many years. Bohl will make you proud down the road. He is good, good stuff.

Best wishes from this Duck to you Cowboys. No injuries would be perfect. Hope some of you fans come to town and enjoy the heck out of Eugene and the area. Cheers!
Ugh.
cowboyz
Cowpoke

Smallriver wrote:Greetings Cowboys I don't believe our Duck coaches desire to hang 70 on your team. Against South Dakota (who played their butts off) we used many freshmen and walk-ons in the second half. We have 32 freshmen on the team and a good number of them have considerable playing time the first two games. Coaches want them to have more experience so you will see these kids for sure. I know you will play your hearts out and never give up. You have one of the best coaches in football. NDSU has been my FCS team for many years. Bohl will make you proud down the road. He is good, good stuff.

Thanks for your best wishes and to an injury free game.

I do have to disagree with you regarding dropping 70 on us. I feel your coach would be okay with that, as that's what teams in the National Championship discussion have to do. Sure, it wouldn't be good form to drop 70 on an FCS team, as could have easily been done to SD. But then again, they played their subs in the 2nd half as well. But dropping 70 on an FBS team, even if it's done with freshman and walk-ons, I feel no Duck coach would lose a wink of sleep.

You're in a fortunate position to say that we'll probably see your freshmen and walk-ons so they can get experience. Of course that's with the caveat that it'll be when you are leading the game by a crap-load of points. Of late, we do not have that luxury. In recent years our true freshmen and red shirt freshmen have lead our team in scoring, rushing, interceptions, fumble recoveries, sacks, you name it. A few years ago our leading scorer was a walk-on true freshman. Yep, we have to go with the best we have for the entire game. Not a lot of chances for wholesale substitutions.

Here's hoping for an entertaining game, in which we don't get to see your "project players". Or if we do, maybe very late into the game. Good luck!
lakesbison
Cowpoke

I will be making money on wyoming! !

In Bohl I trust. At NDSU we never lost by more than 14 maybe 1-2 times.

Oregon 47 wyoming 17 is my predicted score
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 304 times
Been liked: 119 times

lakesbison wrote:At NDSU we never lost by more than 14 maybe 1-2 times.
Where?

Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Smallriver
Buckaroo

Cowboyz, I had no idea you all played so many freshmen. That they are leaders in so many categories is impressive. Speaks well to recruiting and effort.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Smallriver wrote:Cowboyz, I had no idea you all played so many freshmen. That they are leaders in so many categories is impressive. Speaks well to recruiting and effort.
Well, one thing Dave Christensen (now Utah's OC) could do, was recognize and recruit talent. Their freshmen years, a lot of our players (past and present) looked pretty good. However, aside from a couple of positions, they began falling off. We had 2 QBs in a row that were Freshmen All Americans and Freshmen of the Year in the MWC (first ACS (who went on to Vanderbilt) and then Brett Smith who blew all previous freshmen records out of the water). Our current CB, Blair Burns, was a freshmen All-American. And over the next few years under DC, he never really improved.
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

Remember when we could play a national power (eventual natl champs) On the road and have a 4th qtr lead on them? And the expectation we could win? Man, I miss the early 90s.Can't wait to get back to that point.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!