Jordan Stanton's Hit

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

BackHarlowRoad wrote:Pretty simple really;

concussion: a traumatic brain injury that alters the way your brain functions.

If you are saying that losing consciousness is a normal brain function, you need to get yours checked on it's functioning as well.
With your definition, bonking your head and seeing stars for a second would be a concussion.
W-Y, Until I Die!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

laxwyo wrote:

If you are saying that losing consciousness is a normal brain function, you need to get yours checked on it's functioning as well.
With your definition, bonking your head and seeing stars for a second would be a concussion.
Possibly, actually. In contact sports like boxing, MMA, kickboxing, etc, that's called "getting rocked". You're not knocked out, but you took a blow to the head that affected you quite a bit.

But getting knocked out? That's a concussion, straight up.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

watching the replay....the guy was out. Only thing I could say to defend going back in would be if he had a stinger.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

laxwyo wrote:

I didn't just make up my own definition. That's the medical definition. So....yeah. I don't really have anything to add. Dude was concussed.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

TBH I think any contact sport should be required to have a neurologist on the sideline for proper testing. Think about it from an MMA or Boxing stand point. Someone gets knocked out the fight is over, they don't get the chance to go to the sideline and tell someone they are fine to put them back in.

Any athlete is ALWAYS going to say I'm fine, Even if they know they aren't they will say it. Half of them have no idea if they are fine or not and don't realize the long term issues that will accompany frequent concussions.

This is two years in a row people we have seen flat out knocked out cold have been put back in the game. Someone needs to question the ethics involved it's not safe for the kids.
YankPoke
Cowpoke

Wyo2dal wrote:TBH I think any contact sport should be required to have a neurologist on the sideline for proper testing. Think about it from an MMA or Boxing stand point. Someone gets knocked out the fight is over, they don't get the chance to go to the sideline and tell someone they are fine to put them back in.

Any athlete is ALWAYS going to say I'm fine, Even if they know they aren't they will say it. Half of them have no idea if they are fine or not and don't realize the long term issues that will accompany frequent concussions.

This is two years in a row people we have seen flat out knocked out cold have been put back in the game. Someone needs to question the ethics involved it's not safe for the kids.
+1