Around the conference:

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

BSU beat UConn, but almost let UConn back in late in the game.

USU is struggling quite a bit with Wake Forest, especially on offense. Keeton not the same, and their o-line is simple atrocious. But they just got a pick 6 to tie it up.

Sheep fluff the Cal Poly Mustangs.

Air Force edges out Georgia State.

UNLV down by 2 to NIU, 7-5.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times

fromolwyoming wrote:BSU beat UConn, but almost let UConn back in late in the game.

USU is struggling quite a bit with Wake Forest, especially on offense. Keeton not the same, and their o-line is simple atrocious. But they just got a pick 6 to tie it up.
I've been watching this game and I'm not impressed with USUs offense so far.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

WYCowboy wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:BSU beat UConn, but almost let UConn back in late in the game.

I've been watching this game and I'm not impressed with USUs offense so far.
Their defense looks solid, but their offense looks pretty bad. Especially up front.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

A little alarming that Georgia State (0-12 in 2013) put up 38 points, 500+ yards on AFA's defense...but UW struggled to do the same.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

J-Rod wrote:A little alarming that Georgia State (0-12 in 2013) put up 38 points, 500+ yards on AFA's defense...but UW struggled to do the same.
Air Force, according to a couple Air Force fans, went back to their old defense from last year. Plus, that was our second game in our new offense, and Air Force kept loading the box on us.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

I don't get why people keep bringing up Air Force in a manner that imply were doomed because Team A put up X amount of points and we didn't... Every team approaches things differently. We put up 430 on Oregon. We're going to be ok
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

Keeton on crutches here in Logan. Feel for that guy.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

djm19 wrote:Keeton on crutches here in Logan. Feel for that guy.
He may be done. He was limping pretty good at the end of the 1st half.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:I don't get why people keep bringing up Air Force in a manner that imply were doomed because Team A put up X amount of points and we didn't... Every team approaches things differently. We put up 430 on Oregon. We're going to be ok
I'm starting to wonder how many of our fans watch Bohl conferences, He has said at least once every conference. How they want games played is low scoring keeping games close. But everyone seems to think because we don't run up 40+ points we aren't good or anything. The games outside of today are ending how Bohl has said multiple times they will end.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Nebraska now keeping Fresno in the game. First by punching the ball out the back of the EZ, thus giving Fresno 2 points. And now, some pretty bad passes. Would it kill Bo Pelini to get some QBs that can actually throw the ball? Would probably make the fans happy.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Nevada may beat Arizona. At least, they are still in it.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Nevada does not pull it off. But looked better than some teams, and may be the favorite in the West. They and SDSU I think are the favorites there. BSU almost let UConn back, but held on to win. USU lost Keeton, again, and held on to beat Wake Forest, but may have issues going forward. We all know how we did, and right now, that's better than some others in the conference. The sheep took care of UC Davis, but allowed 175 yards rushing. UNM edged out bye week. Air Force went back to their old defense against Georgia State, and nearly paid for it.

Hawaii is currently struggling with Northern Iowa. Going to be a long season for Hawaii fans. UNLV lost in a shootout with the high octane NIU. Fresno continues in their death spiral, this time against an underwhelming Nebraska who overwhelmed them. SDSU took a week off to stew over their loss to UNC. SJSU also took the week off to think about the Gophers game and recover from being trampled by Auburn.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Nevada looks pretty sound one of the better teams in the conference mainly because they still have a QB.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Not saying we will win every game or anything, but there aren't that many truly scary teams this year. Again, we might get smacked in a game or two, but sans MSU, we won't play a legitimate T15 team and maybe not a T25 team (BSU might be a T25 team) the rest of the season.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

ragtimejoe1 wrote:Not saying we will win every game or anything, but there aren't that many truly scary teams this year. Again, we might get smacked in a game or two, but sans MSU, we won't play a legitimate T15 team and maybe not a T25 team (BSU might be a T25 team) the rest of the season.
And if (big if) we can shut down Jay Ajayi, BSU's offense will struggle heavily.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

Alright, this will sound bad, and it kind of is, I suppose - but I'm glad we're not playing Nevada or SDSU unless we somehow reach the championship game. Maybe I'm not that impressed by Nevada, but I think most teams in our division will be easier wins. :P
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

fromolwyoming wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:Not saying we will win every game or anything, but there aren't that many truly scary teams this year. Again, we might get smacked in a game or two, but sans MSU, we won't play a legitimate T15 team and maybe not a T25 team (BSU might be a T25 team) the rest of the season.
And if (big if) we can shut down Jay Ajayi, BSU's offense will struggle heavily.
I hesitate to agree, cause they always have at least one WR, who stands out. Miller seems to be doing that this year. If you focus too much on Ajayi, they hit miller over the top. And their not afraid to get him the ball 10-12 times a game either.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

kansasCowboy wrote: I hesitate to agree, cause they always have at least one WR, who stands out. Miller seems to be doing that this year. If you focus too much on Ajayi, they hit miller over the top. And their not afraid to get him the ball 10-12 times a game either.
They've played some good defenses. Ole Miss may have the nation's best defense...UConn drove BYU nuts for awhile. BSU's offense will take off once the weaker defenses come around.

But yeah, Miller had his way with Burns last season.