Florida Atlantic Predictions

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

I thought about posting this weekly thread last week, but seemed kinda stupid considering the opponent.

Wyoming opened this game as a 2.5 point favorite. It has gone as high as 4.5, but currently sits at 3.5.

I really don't see any reason to expect anything out of the ordinary with this Bohl team. They'll control the clock, it won't always be pretty, but the defense and ball control will put these Owls away. Wick figures to have another big day.

Florida Atlantic 10, Wyoming 27

Your turn.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

This game is a difficult one to call. I don't want to be too confident, but I do think the FAU team we beat under DC was better than this one and that was on the road. I'm going to go with WYO- 24 FAU-20. Vegas gets the line right, but we are in control of the game most of the time. I think the power run will be effective again this week with either Wick or May going over 100, and Colby will minimize his mistakes and throw for about 250.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

I feel the same way as LasCrucesPoke does.

WYOMING 24, FAU 21.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Give me the win, I'll be happy regardless of the score.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

I think Wyoming will come in feeling good and move the ball well, I don't expect some blow out score but I think this is the week we break the 17 barrier.

Wyo - 23
Fl - 13
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

31 -17 Pokes roll
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

This will be like going from the snooker table to the Valley bar tables and Bohl will have their heads right. 'Poke's'll finally convert a turnover. This line's way off, IMO- 31-13 Wyoming...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

I see the Cowboys really smacking FAU in this one. UW is just a better team and the cross-country travel and elevation factors can't be underestimated. I think something really clicked offensively for the Pokes against Oregon. Prediction: UW 35 FAU 15
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Been liked: 10 times

I think this team's confidence on offense is growing every game, I think we uncork on FAU 34-13. Big game from Wick that will absolutely break FAU's will on defense.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I hope: Wyo 38-13
I think: Wyo 24-13
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

FAU has some good size on their defensive front, so like always it will depend on our offensive lines ability to control the line of scrimmage and get some push. If the line plays sound asignment based blocking, then we dictate tempo and punish them. I dont see another team doing what AF did with their one dimensional defensive scheme but you never know. Kirk has to eliminate his turnovers and play smart football. Defensively i think we rebound well this week. FAU has an athletic QB but nothing like Mariota. Secondary needs to step up, FAU has a really good receiver in Whitehead. So our D ends better wake the f-word up and pressure/contain the Qb and get some big hits on thus Qb. Prediction: Pokes 38-17
wwcc22
Buckaroo

Wyoming 35
FAU 16

Go Pokes
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

35-7 cowboys
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

FAU puts points on the board, thanks to the Poke secondary UNLESS their QB gets a lot of heat. I don't see this happening enough. Pokes have been holding back on their production lately, though. I think this will be corrected.
Pokes 24, the whatever-they-are 21.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

WYO 28- FAU 17

Crowd: 21,000
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

I have watched several highlights from their team this year. Johnson (QB) #19 WR and Whitehead their WR all look like athletic dudes. I don't think this will be the Kimbo Slice stomp we are hoping for. Looks like they're a decent passing team and our CBs have been abused this year worse than Michael Jackson's pet monkeys.

That said, I think we will run the ball on them. A lot. Hopefully we will see some scores from big plays. It will take more than our monster 16 points p/ game average to win this thing. FAU will score 20+.

One thing I am very confident in and that is that Bohl will know how to play with a lead. (Something DC couldn't do). If Wyoming can grind them down, I think FAU will get worn out in Laramie by third quarter. This elevation won't know what hit them. For once, I feel our team is conditioned.

I think the Pokes win...

UW 31
FAU 20
cowboysfan33
Ranch Hand

Pokes win 28-17 but much more dominant than the score indicates. Give up some big plays in the secondary but the run D has another good game. Hope the secondary shows some improvment. We end up with 250+ on the ground.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp wrote:I think we'll put up 30+ points and win by at least two scores.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

djm19 wrote:I have watched several highlights from their team this year. Johnson (QB) #19 WR and Whitehead their WR all look like athletic dudes. I don't think this will be the Kimbo Slice stomp we are hoping for. Looks like they're a decent passing team and our CBs have been abused this year worse than Michael Jackson's pet monkeys.

That said, I think we will run the ball on them. A lot. Hopefully we will see some scores from big plays. It will take more than our monster 16 points p/ game average to win this thing. FAU will score 20+.

One thing I am very confident in and that is that Bohl will know how to play with a lead. (Something DC couldn't do). If Wyoming can grind them down, I think FAU will get worn out in Laramie by third quarter. This elevation won't know what hit them. For once, I feel our team is conditioned.

I think the Pokes win...

UW 31
FAU 20
Well, we just played probably the most athletic and fastest offense in the country. And I don't think that FAUs QB and WR even compare in talent, speed and athletisim of any of the Duck offensive players we went up against. This game may seem like slow motion to our D players in comparison coming off that game last week.
Plus, Bohl said he was planning on working on shoring up coverages and making tackles. So we'll just have to see how they come out. I wouldn't be surprised if we held them to 7-10 points, but being safe, I'll stick with 17.
Hayduke
Cowpoke

Wyoming 30
FAU 21

FAU with the lead at the half. But, altitude will get to FAU in the 4th. Pokes conditioning will contribute to the second half comeback.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa