Florida Atlantic Predictions

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

I see this as the turning point of the season. We win, we bowl. We lose, we may tank. This is the functional equivalent of the Texas State game last season. If we grind FAU and restablish our defensive toughness (following the Oregon game) it is "game on" for the rest of the season. If FAU exploits us defensively and the clouds of doubt roll into the minds of our defense and the offense cannot establish itself, we may struggle - although Bohl will be able to hold the team together (unlike DC). Assuming the former, because I always wear brown and gold glasses, I think we win 24-21 or maybe 24-14. I also think it builds momentum for us to play MSU tough heading into the bye week with some confidence to take on conference play. Assuming Hawaii's stud back is still out or only starting to return - we will build on the confidence the first week out of the bye to put us in a great spot for a bowl and a clubbing of the Sheep several weeks later in Fart Colons.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

I think this game will be a battle. IMO we need to smack them in the mouth - hard - right from the start and let them know what they are in for.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

We need to remind them that they are 7220' above sea level, run power football at them, and run the wheels off them. Beat em up and blow em out.
Last edited by ItSucksToBeACSURam on Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tweaked
Ranch Hand

I think our offense will be able to run the ball effectively, pass off the option effectively, and sustain drives. I am expecting 24-31 points on O. I think our D will stop the run; my only concern is the pass. Our cover guys are vulnerable to athletic, fast receivers. We need to bring pressure and keep containment on the qb. Time for our d ends to play like they can. If we can do that, and help our vulnerable d-backs, I just don't see their O scoring more than 13 to 17 points. And if we beat FAU, and I think we will, I like our chances from here on out. With this coaching staff, not only do we adjust and play better in the 2nd half, but we will get better as the season progresses. Difficult to imagine us not bowling with a win on Saturday. Final score: UW 27, FAU 13.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Yes, I agree. I see FAU only scoring in two ways: Most likely - the long bomb and less likely - turnovers by Mr. Kirk.
yopaulie
Ranch Hand

Pokes win another squeaker to keep everyone here a bit unsettled, somewhat frustrated, but happy with a win. Kirk makes at least one very questionable mistake, but running game impresses. May and Wick both get 90+ yds on the ground. Pokes finally hit 20, but no more. 20-17 pokes.
yopaulie
Ranch Hand

yopaulie wrote:Pokes win another squeaker to keep everyone here a bit unsettled, somewhat frustrated, but happy with a win. Kirk makes at least one very questionable mistake, but running game impresses. May and Wick both get 90+ yds on the ground. Pokes finally hit 20, but no more. 20-17 pokes.
Had to bump myself on this prediction. Although May only got 70.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time

20-19 with a miracle timed fumble.
yopaulie
Ranch Hand

19's a hard number to pick for a guess in football games. ;)
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time

yopaulie wrote:19's a hard number to pick for a guess in football games. ;)
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Okay...I was gone all weekend and had to miss the game. I read ESPN's recap...sounds thrilling, an ugly win is better than a loss.

I want to hear opinions on this game. Be honest. Obviously a 1-point win over FAU at home doesn't scream "MW championship here we come", but other than the facts I don't know how this game went. Shoot away.

My quick reading, I've seen everything from "UW is lucky" to "that was awesome".
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote:My quick reading, I've seen everything from "UW is lucky" to "that was awesome".
The UW is lucky line comes from those who thought anything less than a 3-score victory would be a failure because they underestimate the opponent. Some people just look for the negative in everything, even when their team wins.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

were the Owls that good or was it mostly a D struggle???
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

stymeman wrote:were the Owls that good or was it mostly a D struggle???
IMO, I was blown away by the Owls. I was not expecting them to be as good as they were. Again IMO, I think we looked more tired and out of shape most the game then they did. :twocents: