FAU blog on Wyoming

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

http://www.underdogdynasty.com/2014/9/1 ... eview-2014" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ImageImageImageImage
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Either the FAU fan base is dumb, or the writer isn't giving them enough credit to know where Wyoming is on a map. And, talking crap about Jackson? Florida might have some nice spots, but they don't have near the scenic beauty found in Wyoming. Lame.

It also sounds like they think their speed is closer to Oregon's than ours. Talk about an inflated image of themselves.

Hope the Cowboys kick their asses.

Go Pokes!!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Can't wait until kickoff! Pokes will be ready and will make the plays needed to win.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

What a delusional bunch of douche bags. They say we have no talent and no one on the Heisman list....I just read the most recent Heisman predictions and I guess I missed their players on there...They"re really pounding their chests like they're something special, kind of remind me of the blue and white mormon team...
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Wyoming has Jackson Hole... Florida has George Zimmerman.
ImageImageImageImage
PCB
Ranch Hand

It may say something about the education of their fans to doubt they could find Wyoming on a map. As for the other non football comments, Pifft. The assessment of how the game will go is fairly vanilla and just an opinion. But I do think the author really underestimates our D. They won't be flying around at 7220 ft. even if they think they will. Take a look at the poll taken and you will see that most think the Pokes come out on top. Our boys will be more than ready for this contest. They fail to mention 450 yards UW put on Oregon. Hmmm, wonder why.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

I have noticed that none of FAU's coverage has given Wyoming any respect, whether it be on twitter or on their blogs. I really hope we smack them early and often. I hate when below average programs come in talking trash and giving the Pokes 0 respect.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

It's pretty funny that the FAU fan blog has a poll and only 5 out of 29 total votes feel the mighty Owls will derail the Pokes. The other 24 favor Wyoming.

The author has been in the swamp too long. Their offensive line is going to be sucking for air (as well as their wide outs) and will find that running the spread in Laramie is a little more difficult than they think. They seem to have this illusion that they are the Oregon of the East Coast.... :rofl:
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

JimmyDimes wrote:Either the FAU fan base is dumb, or the writer isn't giving them enough credit to know where Wyoming is on a map. And, talking crap about Jackson? Florida might have some nice spots, but they don't have near the scenic beauty found in Wyoming. Lame.

It also sounds like they think their speed is closer to Oregon's than ours. Talk about an inflated image of themselves.

Go Pokes!!
If anyone else on here gets the Boomerang, someone made a teeny tiny little snafu. They put Florida State's helmet on the "Know Your Foe" front page, rather than FAU's...
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

fromolwyoming wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:Either the FAU fan base is dumb, or the writer isn't giving them enough credit to know where Wyoming is on a map. And, talking crap about Jackson? Florida might have some nice spots, but they don't have near the scenic beauty found in Wyoming. Lame.

Go Pokes!!
If anyone else on here gets the Boomerang, someone made a teeny tiny little snafu. They put Florida State's helmet on the "Know Your Foe" front page, rather than FAU's...
Because you can't find Florida Atlantic School of the Massage Therapy Owls logo anywhere
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

they better respect 7220, as i see lots of Oxygen masks being utilized
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Wow I thought we were bad for celebrating hitting the 20k mark in attendance.
They got 14K for their home opener where their Heisman Candidate plays.

Replicate Oregons success? Are you kidding me? That's what everyone tries to do idiot.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Cheywypoke
Ranch Hand

stymeman wrote:they better respect 7220, as i see lots of Oxygen masks being utilized
I think a lot of lower altitude people underestimate the altitude factor. Now, I realize tennis isn't football, but I was watching a professional tennis match a couple years ago and John McEnroe was talking about how much he hated playing at altitude. He didn't like the way the ball flied, he needed more topspin on the ball, it zapped his energy, etc.
The guy broadcasting with him asked, "Well, what do you consider altitude?" McEnroe answered "1500 feet."
Again, tennis isn't football, however.......
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

The higher altitude will impact the fans that travel with the team more than the athletes. The big linemen will get winded late in the 2nd qtr and late 3rd and 4th qtrs. The DBs, LBs, RBs, WRs, QB are all in much better shape and will be less effected by it. For those guys, it may be more of a mental thing than physiological.

And I'm sure some of you guys will argue that you're fine in Cheyenne and Laramie, but get really winded when in the mountains...but you're not an athlete in the prime of your life. Hahaha. Those guys are in MUCH better shape than all of us, and won't get as winded as easily as we do.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Their high school basketball players know where Wyoming is on a map. Zing!
W-Y, Until I Die!
gopokes1399
Blog Team

laxwyo wrote:Their high school basketball players know where Wyoming is on a map. Zing!
We even landed a few in our last football class as well
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Did I miss something somewhere? Where is all the love for this FAU team coming from? I made the unfortunate decision to befriend people who root for the Bug Eaters to the east of us and they're blowing up my Facebook feed claiming FAU is going to blow us out. They're convinced because we got smoked by the Ducks and lucked into wins agains Montana and AF that were doomed. Is FAU formidable and no one except Nebraska and Florida residents know this?
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Commuter college. Averaged 14K last year, highest attendance was 19K in a city over 1 million people. Obviously they care.
ImageImageImageImage
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

MrTitleist wrote:Commuter college. Averaged 14K last year, highest attendance was 19K in a city over 1 million people. Obviously they care.
Sounds like a certain school in our conference....who also think their sh!t doesn't stink.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

JimmyDimes wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:Commuter college. Averaged 14K last year, highest attendance was 19K in a city over 1 million people. Obviously they care.
Sounds like a certain school in our conference....who also think their sh!t doesn't stink.
Ah....Fort Fart U!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!