Michigan state line is out +32

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

As a degenerate gambler, I thought I'd report this to those who care. Number seems about right to me. I will probably not lay any action on this one.

A stranger line is csewe only +5 at Boston College. That's a lot of respect for a team that's won 2 games against very little competition.

I'm headed to Vegas for the weekend so any line or moneyline opinions will be appreciated.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I hope those Duck fans come to tell us who to bet on.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

BeaverPoke wrote:I hope those Duck fans come to tell us who to bet on.
The one that's East of Oregon?
The one that doesn't have an animal mascot?
The one whose state begins with a consensant?
The one who is a premier school in their state?
The one who is part of a FBS conference?

If you chose Florida State, you would be correct!
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

fromolwyoming wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:I hope those Duck fans come to tell us who to bet on.
The one that's East of Oregon?
The one that doesn't have an animal mascot?
The one whose state begins with a consensant?
The one who is a premier school in their state?
The one who is part of a FBS conference?

If you chose Florida State, you would be correct!
The one who lost to Oregon this year
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

i really don't know what to think on that, i just hope we go into Sparty and give them a game!!!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

I really hope we are ready with something different planned for MSU because they are playing for ranking and they will take us out back behind the woodshed without a second thought.

This isn't going to be an easy going replace starters in the third Quarter, I'm pretty sure they are going to put the pedal down from the start to the finish.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Wyo2dal wrote:I really hope we are ready with something different planned for MSU because they are playing for ranking and they will take us out back behind the woodshed without a second thought.

This isn't going to be an easy going replace starters in the third Quarter, I'm pretty sure they are going to put the pedal down from the start to the finish.
I don't think the Cowboys are going to care. It won't be an easy game, but this years version of the Cowboys isn't a bunch of kitty either.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

JimmyDimes wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:I really hope we are ready with something different planned for MSU because they are playing for ranking and they will take us out back behind the woodshed without a second thought.

I don't think the Cowboys are going to care. It won't be an easy game, but this years version of the Cowboys isn't a bunch of kitty either.
I agree they aren't a bunch of kitty definitely I just don't want to see a 70+ blow out it won't do anything but create doubt when we need confidence heading into the conference. If we hang tough with them going into conference play people will believe we can play with anyone in the MWC.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Wyo2dal wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:

I agree they aren't a bunch of kitty definitely I just don't want to see a 70+ blow out it won't do anything but create doubt when we need confidence heading into the conference. If we hang tough with them going into conference play people will believe we can play with anyone in the MWC.
I got the feeling the Wyoming players (not the coaches) were looking ahead to MSU last Saturday instead of focusing on FAU. The players will be ready for this one and I'm betting we will be proud of their effort.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
hithere
Ranch Hand

Wyoming UNDER seems to doing well so far. What do you think the total will be for this one, low 60's? I'd look at that.

Not sure how much you believe in the Thursday night home dog theory, but ASU +3 might be good. UCLA QB looks hurt too.

Fresno at almost any number. UNM starting RT might be out and most likely a letdown game after NMSU.

Maryland +4 at Indiana.

Baylor OVER at Iowa State maybe when the total comes out.

CSU-BC line seems... weird.

Nevada ML over SJSU.

And these three are just pure gut, Tenn +17.5 at Georgia, NC State +21.5 at home vs. FSU & Cincinnati +14 at Ohio State. So ignore these, ignore me picking these for no reason.
johnywyo
Ranch Hand

WYCowboy wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:

I got the feeling the Wyoming players (not the coaches) were looking ahead to MSU last Saturday instead of focusing on FAU. The players will be ready for this one and I'm betting we will be proud of their effort.

Well, being from Michigan....and picking up some friends at Metro (DTW) on Friday, I'm thinking we will play a good game. If we can run the ball and protect Kirk, (which is a pretty big if) keep the Spartans contained somewhat and split TOP we may surprise them with a better than average performance. It is Homecoming in E. Lansing, my tix are close to the Wyo group. A lot of my peers are looking at this closely and actually know of Wyo tradition, and like what Bohl brings to the program. Fritz Shurmur's nephew Pat was an all conference center for the Spartans dating back to Perles, and the Rose Bowl. I'm proud of this years group, they have shown a resolve I've not seen since Tiller. We have a start to something that may prove to be a renewed brand of Wyo Tough and I'm bought in to that mindset. I'll let you know more when I've digested this game first hand on Saturday.
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

MSU 42 UW 21, they're just too much for us and our Pokes will realize late they are in Big 10 country...sorry, hope I'm wrong!!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy

hithere wrote:Wyoming UNDER seems to doing well so far. What do you think the total will be for this one, low 60's? I'd look at that.

Not sure how much you believe in the Thursday night home dog theory, but ASU +3 might be good. UCLA QB looks hurt too.

Fresno at almost any number. UNM starting RT might be out and most likely a letdown game after NMSU.

Maryland +4 at Indiana.

Nevada ML over SJSU.

And these three are just pure gut, Tenn +17.5 at Georgia, NC State +21.5 at home vs. FSU & Cincinnati +14 at Ohio State. So ignore these, ignore me picking these for no reason.
Starting at the top: the line is now 30. If the total is in the low 60's, I'd look at the under.
Fresno is so bad, I'm a bit surprised you'd mention them. I like the Maryland bet. Ditto Nevada.

But here's a few more: Boise laying 12.5 at Air farce. And LSU laying 43.5 at home vs. new mexico st..
And honestly, I think the best bet on the board is Boston College. I'm pretty sure csewe is not very good. I guarantee they couldn't beat USC. Frankly, it has that "looks too good to be true" problem.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

LSU just got embarrassed they will probably blow up NM State by 50+
hithere
Ranch Hand

bladerunnr wrote: Fresno is so bad, I'm a bit surprised you'd mention them.
Ha! Maybe, but I don't think so.

They've performed as expected so far one year removed from losing one of their best quarterbacks in school history.

Now New Mexico; they're awfully bad. Davie's teams have been outscored 118-60 against Fresno State since Davie took over. UNM can run... very well. But their redzone defense is poop and their third down defense % is literally the worst in FBS. I just don't think this one will be close. I'd even bet Fresno 1st half.
SlowPoke
Buckaroo

stymeman wrote:MSU 42 UW 21, they're just too much for us and our Pokes will realize late they are in Big 10 country...sorry, hope I'm wrong!!
Score prediction sounds about right. I look for the Poke's defensive effort in this one, esp. the 2nd half. If the defense does well in the 2nd half... that will be major progress. 2014 should be a foundation year for the defense. Bohl puts the best players on defense. It needs to reflect that over the course of the year.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

You guys see us putting up 21 on Michigan State?
The best defense we will play all season?
Yet we have only managed 17 against Montana, 17 against Air Force, 14 against Oregon, and our season high of 20 against Florida Atlantic?

21... On Michigan State's Homecoming?
This isn't the Tennessee team we upset on their homecoming 7 years ago when their program was as down as it had ever been, this is a Top 10 Power House that is riding high.

I don't see the need for Michigan State to dump it on us and run up the score, but I don't see our offense setting a new season high in points on one of the best defenses in the country in their house.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy

hithere wrote:
bladerunnr wrote: Fresno is so bad, I'm a bit surprised you'd mention them.
Ha! Maybe, but I don't think so.

They've performed as expected so far one year removed from losing one of their best quarterbacks in school history.

Now New Mexico; they're awfully bad. Davie's teams have been outscored 118-60 against Fresno State since Davie took over. UNM can run... very well. But their redzone defense is poop and their third down defense % is literally the worst in FBS. I just don't think this one will be close. I'd even bet Fresno 1st half.
I keep thinking Bob Davie must be a decent coach because he was at Notre Dame. But he did nothing there and he seems to be just a tiny step above his predecessor at New Mexico. Okay, you talked me into it. I'm going to bet it hard. Plus, it's the only game in town on a Friday night!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

bladerunnr wrote:
hithere wrote:Wyoming UNDER seems to doing well so far. What do you think the total will be for this one, low 60's? I'd look at that.

Maryland +4 at Indiana.

Nevada ML over SJSU.

Starting at the top: the line is now 30. If the total is in the low 60's, I'd look at the under.
Fresno is so bad, I'm a bit surprised you'd mention them. I like the Maryland bet. Ditto Nevada.

But here's a few more: Boise laying 12.5 at Air farce. And LSU laying 43.5 at home vs. new mexico st..
And honestly, I think the best bet on the board is Boston College. I'm pretty sure csewe is not very good. I guarantee they couldn't beat USC. Frankly, it has that "looks too good to be true" problem.

The only reason Boston College beat USC is because USC was coming off of a big win the week before over Stanford and then having to fly all the way to the East Coast and play an early morning game with a hangover from the previous week. Otherwise USC wins that game. Boston College was a good bet in that scenario. I think CSU has a good chance to cover this week against BC as they aren't in the same set up.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
hithere
Ranch Hand

seattlecowboy wrote: The only reason Boston College beat USC is because USC was coming off of a big win the week before over Stanford and then having to fly all the way to the East Coast and play an early morning game with a hangover from the previous week. Otherwise USC wins that game. Boston College was a good bet in that scenario. I think CSU has a good chance to cover this week against BC as they aren't in the same set up.
How are you doing this year betting, seattlecowboy?

My most confident this week is Nevada ML. Also read this morning Maryland lost a DE.