WYO/MSU GAME THREAD

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

kansasCowboy wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:Summary of thread: We suck, we won't win another game this season, our coaches should be fired.

Pretty accurate.

I know, right? It's ridiculous. We just played the #9 team in the country. We played bad, and they beat us by a td more than Oregon. And yet, everyone was all about WYO after the Oregon game...?
Please define everybody.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
wyopig
Ranch Hand

Wyoming competed against Oregon. If we don't throw a pick before halftime, we could have gone into the break down 6 instead of 20.

Today was pathetic. The O-line and the tackling were just awful. I honesty thought these days were behind us...I don't care who we play. Zero positives from this game, and if the coaches don't kick some ass in the next two weeks, this was the kind of game that could f-word us for the rest of the year. Horrible.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Exaggerated summary of other posters, "hey guys we were down 42-14 at half, committed multiple turnovers, had costly penalties! High fives and feel good ass slaps all around." Neither summaries are accurate and it was an NDSU fan who said fire Bohl sarcastically, no one actually said that and meant it.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

LasCrucesPoke wrote:Exaggerated summary of other posters, "hey guys we were down 42-14 at half, committed multiple turnovers, had costly penalties! High fives and feel good ass slaps all around." Neither summaries are accurate and it was an NDSU fan who said fire Bohl sarcastically, no one actually said that and meant it.
:lol: at me being an NDSU fan
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

I haven't seen a tackling day like today so far this season. Looked like we had turned a corner
W-Y, Until I Die!
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

A Bohl fan, whatever it is you are I don't give two poop.
Last edited by PokeOLoco on Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

LasCrucesPoke wrote:A Bohl fan, whatever it is you are I don't give two farts unless you can produce WYO diploma.
Wow...
mwc fan
Cowpoke

joshvanklomp wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:
J-Rod wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:Summary of thread: We suck, we won't win another game this season, our coaches should be fired.

Pretty accurate.
Nobody has said the latter two. Nobody.
Joke or not. Somebody said, "fire Bohl". Somebody.
Sshhhh, it was me

Hahaha dude I knew it was you! Pretty funny though. poop after a loss like that I gotta laugh it off.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

If you dumb asses couldn't tell, his "fire bohl" was TIC
W-Y, Until I Die!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote:If you dumb asses couldn't tell, his "fire bohl" was TIC
Both of them were
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

I don't know about you guys, but I thought we really
Competed during the coin toss.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

I find all the doom and gloom funny, this game went exactly as I expected. Hell, it actually went better, I wasn't expecting the big plays early from Wick and Kirk. MSU is a lot bigger and stronger than us, a power game against them isn't gonna go well unless you match up physically, which we don't. I expected this one to be rougher than the Oregon game because Oregon has a history of not doing as well against a power run game, thus we moved the ball more. MSU on the other hand, power run won't work as well. And as far as defense goes, both teams could have scored more if they wanted, so this was par for what I expected.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

SDPokeFan wrote:I don't know about you guys, but I thought we really
LOL :rofl:
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

SDPokeFan wrote:I don't know about you guys, but I thought we really
f-word... you owe me a keyboard.

ROFL.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Alright, stayed up, watched, lost, bickered. Been up 37 hours... Going to bed. I'm out, till later.
Go Pokes! Coaches, kick that bye weeks ass and get us prepared for Hawaii!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

The only play of the day that wasn't predictable was the flee-flicker Wicks-to-Kirk and it didn't work. Vic Koenning would call that a trick play and to quote him "trick plays don't work" - and that play is proof. Is Bohl a disciple of Vic? Everything I have seen him run is pretty straight-ahead. When are the Pokes going to start confusing the opposing defense?
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Adv8RU12 wrote:The only play of the day that wasn't predictable was the flee-flicker Wicks-to-Kirk and it didn't work. Vic Koenning would call that a trick play and to quote him "trick plays don't work" - and that play is proof. Is Bohl a disciple of Vic? Everything I have seen him run is pretty straight-ahead. When are the Pokes going to start confusing the opposing defense?
When they have a QB that can beat the stacked box or blitz, so likely next year.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

When Sonny Lubick was getting csewe going during his first few years, csewe went to Nebraska and got crushed. Afterwards, he said something to the effect that he doesn't want games like this scheduled. Well, we had 2 of them in the span of 3 weeks. If Michigan st. hadn't lost to Oregon, they might be ranked in the top 5. Let's judge this team against the rest of the schedule and not games like this.

We just don't have the horses right now. Hopefully, Coach Bohl will step up the recruiting and we will become a perennial contender for MWC championships. We'll know in about 2 or 3 years.
YankPoke
Cowpoke

bladerunnr wrote:When Sonny Lubick was getting csewe going during his first few years, csewe went to Nebraska and got crushed. Afterwards, he said something to the effect that he doesn't want games like this scheduled. Well, we had 2 of them in the span of 3 weeks. If Michigan st. hadn't lost to Oregon, they might be ranked in the top 5. Let's judge this team against the rest of the schedule and not games like this.

We just don't have the horses right now. Hopefully, Coach Bohl will step up the recruiting and we will become a perennial contender for MWC championships. We'll know in about 2 or 3 years.
Agree with all points, but make that 4-5 years. It takes 4 years before you can really see the program set up. Dantonio even said it took him 7 before he felt like they really were rhe type of team he wanted.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Overall - take away the turnovers and I'm fine with the way our offense played - Kirk made some pretty throws (along with a few not so pretty ones), and quite a few times he actually had time to pick a target. Special teams were terrible, though.

Then there was the defense. Can anybody claim that we tackled well today? We weren't going to stop their offense, but we also didn't have to let them run through the arms of our players over and over again. Three times we had a player who seemingly was about to get a sack, and each time, their quarterback turned it into a positive play.

It's disappointing because it's something that largely, we've done very well up to this point.

Oh well... nobody got seriously hurt at least, right?