WYO/MSU GAME THREAD

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

WyoBrandX wrote:
Adv8RU12 wrote:One big question to ask: Does the Bohl offensive style translate to the big boys -- i.e., the FBS ?
Get much behind in this style, and you are screwed. Of course, he may learn and open it up a little.
I think it translates well - MSU is very similar to what Bohl is trying to model the cowboys after.
"Michigan State and the style of football that they play, and how they play, is where we eventually want to be." -Craig Bohl, 9/27/14
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

ummm, yeah remember where you are at Craig
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

stymeman wrote:ummm, yeah remember where you are at Craig
It's a goal to strive for. And he did make a program that is still reaping the benefits of this goal at a smaller school that did take on some tough competition and win. No, I will not say KSU or ISU are anywhere near Oregon and MSU. But if that means he builds us up to where we are competing with the MSUs and Oregons in a few years, I will consider that progress towards that goal. We've seen what one year of good weight training has done. We are bigger, faster and stronger than any Cowboys team in recent memory. But we weren't there when you saw us on the field with MSU. They seriously dwarfed us in areas. But imagine this years class with four years of War Daddy training. We will be right up there with the strongest teams.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

kansasCowboy wrote:
stymeman wrote:ummm, yeah remember where you are at Craig
It's a goal to strive for. And he did make a program that is still reaping the benefits of this goal at a smaller school that did take on some tough competition and win. No, I will not say KSU or ISU are anywhere near Oregon and MSU. But if that means he builds us up to where we are competing with the MSUs and Oregons in a few years, I will consider that progress towards that goal. We've seen what one year of good weight training has done. We are bigger, faster and stronger than any Cowboys team in recent memory. But we weren't there when you saw us on the field with MSU. They seriously dwarfed us in areas. But imagine this years class with four years of War Daddy training. We will be right up there with the strongest teams.
Just to add to your comments, I believe the S & C program Wyoming players went through this summer is paying big dividends in the low number of (major) injuries considering the teams we have played so far this season. I hope like hell I haven't jinxed us by bringing this up.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.