devyn harris is terrible

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
okcwyocowboy
Buckaroo

Was going to say this a couple weeks ago but held off. I can hold off no longer. Devyn needs to be benched.
castlerocker
Cowpoke

The pussy pokes have taken the field.

The same defense against Oregon. We fall for the same plays like it is the first time we have seen it. CONTAIN THE QUARTERBACK! OPEN YOUR EYES!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

He turns his head and he has an INT
W-Y, Until I Die!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote:He turns his head and he has an INT
The MSU fans next to us said the same thing. Actually defend that pass and its, at a minimum, a pass breakup
okcwyocowboy
Buckaroo

laxwyo wrote:He turns his head and he has an INT
I posted this thread BEFORE he gave up the TD. Damn he sucks!
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Jones isn't any better. Our secondary is WEAK. No wonder the freshman are going to get a poop ton of PT.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

kdwrightuwyo wrote:Jones isn't any better. Our secondary is WEAK. No wonder the freshman are going to get a poop ton of PT.
What happened to Finley?
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

That might be true but #4 is worse
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
okcwyocowboy
Buckaroo

kdwrightuwyo wrote:Jones isn't any better. Our secondary is WEAK. No wonder the freshman are going to get a poop ton of PT.
Sonny puletasi is garbage also. Tim kamana is getting e posed for 2 tds already. As a whole the team is intimidated and scared.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

Let's just settle down. These kids are playing against some of the best in the nation.
W-Y, Until I Die!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

okcwyocowboy wrote:
Sonny puletasi is garbage also. Tim kamana is getting e posed for 2 tds already. As a whole the team is intimidated and scared.
I wouldn't say Wick is, and Kirk had a beautiful pass to Gentry, but some bad mistakes and questionable decisions have kicked our ass on offense.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I really don't like to see threads like this. The other 10 players on defense aren't doing so great either.
I'm good for 3!
hithere
Ranch Hand

Cornpoke wrote:I really don't like to see threads like this. The other 10 players on defense aren't doing so great either.
You should probably should stop reading then because the title of the thread is pretty clear.

DeAndre Jones is one of the worst corners I've ever seen play at Wyoming. There's a reason why Wyoming has had plain old bad defense the last couple years. Severe lack of talent in the secondary and limited coaching ability are two main culprits.

Oregon scored on 6 of 7 possessions. Michigan State, in the 1st half, has scored on 6 of 6 possessions and have already started subbing.

As you don't like to read threads like this, I don't like to see performances like this.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

hithere wrote:
Cornpoke wrote:I really don't like to see threads like this. The other 10 players on defense aren't doing so great either.
You should probably should stop reading then because the title of the thread is pretty clear.

DeAndre Jones is one of the worst corners I've ever seen play at Wyoming. There's a reason why Wyoming has had plain old bad defense the last couple years. Severe lack of talent in the secondary and limited coaching ability are two main culprits.

Oregon scored on 6 of 7 possessions. Michigan State, in the 1st half, has scored on 6 of 6 possessions and have already started subbing.

As you don't like to read threads like this, I don't like to see performances like this.

Totally agree, this is Division 1 football and it is a business whether anyone likes it or not. This game was about money. If you can't get the job done you get poop canned. no sugar coating talk. I can appreciate honest assements. If your a guy that still thinks their HS kids, don't read this.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

okcwyocowboy wrote:Was going to say this a couple weeks ago but held off. I can hold off no longer. Devyn needs to be benched.
Were you going to say this last week when he lead the team in tackles? Right now, he's 2nd on the team in tackles and 1st in TFL. We might not have the best defense, but at least Devyn is keeping busy. Who would you rather see in there?
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

We made a good team look spectacular. Talked with a couple former players, Steve Cockerham and Steve Brown on the sideline of this disaster, each exclaimed that not only were we not playing fundamental football on either side of the ball. Also, questioned the coaching capabilities of our staff. Not unusual, everyone is a critic especially those that have played previously for Cowboy tradition. I will say this, yes I've seen bigger blowouts by lesser opponents and our Team was not prepared for the game today. There is not much to hang our hats on with this deal on either side of the ball. Especially concerning is our lack of discipline on the defensive side of the ball. We were blown off the line, had zero containment on the edges, and no lock ups on tackles when we had pursuit lanes. It really exposes us going forward if we don't buckle that helmet on and come with everything we have. We were a bunch of kitty out there, and the only way to solve this deal is to get real and get tough. I'm humbled for even being in attendance to this poop storm of a performance.
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

You would think we were a top ten team the way some of you are throwing hissy fits
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

Aaron wrote:You would think we were a top ten team the way some of you are throwing hissy fits
Right?

We are so short-sighted it's comical.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

the way this team "doesn't" play D on occassion, i know MSU was bigger, faster, stronger, but give me an effort, i think we are the only team in the country that leads the country in bounce off tackles, smh....i just don't understand why we can't tackle worth a poop???? It never gets any better!!!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Devyn is actually a good linebacker who may have had a bad game. Everyone needs to calm down. Let's show him some support because there's no way he's not going to be out there on the field for us this year.