I have a brilliant idea

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
okcwyocowboy
Buckaroo

For gods sake, can we please never attempt another kickoff return? I am so freaking sick of returning kickoffs to the 13 yard line. Take it at the 25!!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

agreed, we have zero business trying to "bust one"
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

I'm not sold on that being 100% the returners fault, I watch our blocking vs others and we don't block for poop on kick/punt returns. The return man will always struggle to make anything happen if the opposing team has 5 guys ready to tackle them with no blocking.

I think our return coverage is a poop show and is last priority so it will never change.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Would also be nice if we could occasionally break through blocks when WE'RE the kicking team as well, rather than giving away consistent 30 yard returns.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Asmodeanreborn wrote:Would also be nice if we could occasionally break through blocks when WE'RE the kicking team as well, rather than giving away consistent 30 yard returns.
This I absolutely agree with, Our kick coverage is better than Nzeocha both of them, Hill and Wacha and when they are not in there it is very noticeable.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Wyo2dal wrote:I'm not sold on that being 100% the returners fault, I watch our blocking vs others and we don't block for poop on kick/punt returns. The return man will always struggle to make anything happen if the opposing team has 5 guys ready to tackle them with no blocking.

I think our return coverage is a poop show and is last priority so it will never change.
One thing I noticed was the MSU kicker kicked the ball high with great placement (within the 10 yard line). He allowed time for the defenders to get down the field before it was fielded by the Wyoming player. Sometimes you have to chalk it up to good play by the opposing team.

Our kick off coverage was horrible however.