Captain Kirk strikes again.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:
laxwyo wrote:Colby has played well minus the fumble which has been his MO. He gets a few mistakes fixed and we'll do well by conference play
Especially considering we won't be facing ANY teams with the speed of Oregon, or the toughness of Michigan State.

Kirk may look like a stud against some of our conference mates.
There wasn't any toughness or speed in the backfield when Colby dropped the ball on the ground. It was a bad mistake that would have happened against a fifth grade Pop Warner team. There was no pressure on him on that play. He just dropped the ball like it was radio-active and he was worried about radiation exposure.

Maybe he just forgot how long his arm was, or his "Go Go Gadget Arm" malfunctioned at the wrong time.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
laxwyo wrote:Colby has played well minus the fumble which has been his MO. He gets a few mistakes fixed and we'll do well by conference play
Especially considering we won't be facing ANY teams with the speed of Oregon, or the toughness of Michigan State.

Kirk may look like a stud against some of our conference mates.
If u watched the Fresno/New Mexico game last night, I think we finally break the losing streak to Fresno and New Mexico should be a gimmie
Yeah I watched it, and what I saw was a terrible Fresno State defense. Sure, NM was running the option, but Wick and May will be able to run all over them because Kirk is good enough to keep those MW defenses honest.

And NM, I saw a team that still finds ways to lose.
Not as bad as Hawaii but still not good.

Speaking of Hawaii. Give Colby some rest with the bye week, go into Hawaii and play some solid football.
After this game put the OOC slate behind them.
Refocus. Realize we are 3-2 but more importantly we are 1-0 in MWC play.
We should be able to start ticking off some wins after today. Hawaii, San Jose State, and dare I say the Border War?
We should be 5-2 heading to FoCo.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Cowboy Junky wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:After 5 games, he still hasn't learned to be a game manager. How long is it going to take before he pulls his head out of his ass?
Dude, he is making his best effort. Like I've said in a different thread, we know what we are going to get with him all season.
After today we will be 5/12 done with the season.
We know who we have at QB. Expecting him to improve is fine, but to expect him to just drop all his turnovers, and start making beautiful reads is silly because he is not going to turn into Joe Montana next week.
Is it too much to expect him to stop making stupid decisions? I'm not asking him to be Joe Montana. I'm asking him to be Phil Simms. Just hand the ball off, hit the open play action pass, throw the ball away when you need to, pull it in and take a sack before turning it over, and take care of the damn ball at all costs.

Is that too much to ask?
CJ - i think it probably is. This guy is basically a redshirt freshman this year that had his redshirt ripped off during the summer. He has been playing in the spread for 4 years and he couldn't ever get the starting position doing it. We don't have anyone better otherwise he wouldn't be playing. He is certainly doing the best he can.

It is too bad he isn't a freshman - I think he could be molded into a fine quarterback.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Now our real season starts, let's see how bad he can mess up with conference opponents
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Colby's total QBR is 30.4. Third worst in MW. Only chuckie and Woosley are worse
W-Y, Until I Die!