Captain Kirk strikes again.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

He just dangled the ball out there and dropped it on the ground. That fumbled hand-off was on the qb. He needs to take care of the ball or we need to bench him.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

Actually wick was running away from him. Or Captain Kirk didn't take a good line. Looked awful. Unforced fumbles are bad
W-Y, Until I Die!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

That's on Colby. As the qb, you can't just hang it out there and hope, especially when the running back is too far away to bury it in his belly.

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Not wick, may
W-Y, Until I Die!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

He's made a couple of piss poor reads on the read option. Maybe they aren't read option plays and he's supposed to just give it up the middle, but he has outside rushing lanes and just dumps it up the gut into 4 defensive linemen.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Grrr.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

After 5 games, he still hasn't learned to be a game manager. How long is it going to take before he pulls his head out of his ass?

National Champions 1943.

I do.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Certainly not saying he hasn't stunk it up, but he has faced 2 of the top 10 teams in the country in those 5 games... Just saying. We've won the other 3... Could be worse....
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Cowboy Junky wrote:After 5 games, he still hasn't learned to be a game manager. How long is it going to take before he pulls his head out of his ass?
Dude, he is making his best effort. Like I've said in a different thread, we know what we are going to get with him all season.
After today we will be 5/12 done with the season.
We know who we have at QB. Expecting him to improve is fine, but to expect him to just drop all his turnovers, and start making beautiful reads is silly because he is not going to turn into Joe Montana next week.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:After 5 games, he still hasn't learned to be a game manager. How long is it going to take before he pulls his head out of his ass?
Dude, he is making his best effort. Like I've said in a different thread, we know what we are going to get with him all season.
We know who we have at QB. Expecting him to improve is fine, but to expect him to just drop all his turnovers, and start making beautiful reads is silly because he is not going to turn into Joe Montana next week.
Is it too much to expect him to stop making stupid decisions? I'm not asking him to be Joe Montana. I'm asking him to be Phil Simms. Just hand the ball off, hit the open play action pass, throw the ball away when you need to, pull it in and take a sack before turning it over, and take care of the damn ball at all costs.

Is that too much to ask?
Last edited by Cowboy Junky on Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

42 in first half . Holy hell
W-Y, Until I Die!
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Cowboy Junky wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
Is it to much to expect him to stop making stupid decisions? I'm not asking him to be Joe Montana. I'm asking him to be Phil Simms. Just hand the ball off, hit the open play action pass, throw the ball away when you need to, pull it in and take a sack before turning it over, and take care of the damn ball like at all costs.

Is that too much to ask?
Yes
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Nice throw there Colby!
If we score a TD here we are on pace to score the most points in a game all season!
Damn you Colby!
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

There you go Colby!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

CowboyNV wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
Is it to much to expect him to stop making stupid decisions? I'm not asking him to be Joe Montana. I'm asking him to be Phil Simms. Just hand the ball off, hit the open play action pass, throw the ball away when you need to, pull it in and take a sack before turning it over, and take care of the damn ball like at all costs.

Is that too much to ask?
Yes
I agree with that. I don't expect him to stop making bad decisions. I have a feeling we will be turning the ball over twice a game all year long because of Colby's decisions.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Colby has played well minus the fumble which has been his MO. He gets a few mistakes fixed and we'll do well by conference play
W-Y, Until I Die!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote:Colby has played well minus the fumble which has been his MO. He gets a few mistakes fixed and we'll do well by conference play
I hope you're right. If he can eliminate the mistakes we'll be bowling this year. If not, we're going to be spending Christmas at home.

After five games, I just don't believe he can eliminate the mistakes.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote:Colby has played well minus the fumble which has been his MO. He gets a few mistakes fixed and we'll do well by conference play
Especially considering we won't be facing ANY teams with the speed of Oregon, or the toughness of Michigan State.

Kirk may look like a stud against some of our conference mates.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Well be ok come conference play
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

BeaverPoke wrote:
Especially considering we won't be facing ANY teams with the speed of Oregon, or the toughness of Michigan State.

Kirk may look like a stud against some of our conference mates.
If u watched the Fresno/New Mexico game last night, I think we finally break the losing streak to Fresno and New Mexico should be a gimmie
W-Y, Until I Die!