Thank god for the BYE Week. We have a legit chance at 5-2

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

before the Border War. Let's get rested and get ready to be very competitive in the MWC race.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Only way Wyoming loses to Hawaii is if Woolsey gets hurt/benched. Otherwise, that's a W.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

I agree. I think we have a legit shot at picking off teams in our conference. The only two to pose a threat are Boise and CSU. Fresno is still trying to find themselves. USU is not what they have been the last three years, with or w/ out Keeton.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

We'll see how Bohl and company do with a bye week. DC wasn't very good, but he wasn't a very good head coach.

After this, we have one more bye week the week before a home game vs. Boise.

I think Bohl will take advantage of the extra time off.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

J-Rod wrote:Only way Wyoming loses to Hawaii is if Woolsey gets hurt/benched. Otherwise, that's a W.
Or Norm Chow stops being a horse's ass!!!!! :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

kansasCowboy wrote:I agree. I think we have a legit shot at picking off teams in our conference. The only two to pose a threat are Boise and CSU. Fresno is still trying to find themselves. USU is not what they have been the last three years, with or w/ out Keeton.
Please, every team in the MWC will pose a threat to this team there are no gimmies.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Cuttslam wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:I agree. I think we have a legit shot at picking off teams in our conference. The only two to pose a threat are Boise and CSU. Fresno is still trying to find themselves. USU is not what they have been the last three years, with or w/ out Keeton.
Please, every team in the MWC will pose a threat to this team there are no gimmies.
And we'll pose a threat to every team as well, that is if Vigen starts making consistent calls that make sense (no more of the "pretty" crap like flea flickers, they do not work for us and using Wick and May to the best of their abilities). Fresno got into a struggle with UNM, USU has more o-line issues and offensive issues in general. The sheep do alright against average to bad teams, but otherwise struggle. Hawaii doesn't have an offense. SJSU missing Fales like Fresno misses Carr. BSU has a tough front 7, and a very good RB, but their offense otherwise has few weapons. And BSU's secondary is not good. And then UNM, while their run game is as potent as Air Force's, their passing game and defense are very vulnerable.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Cuttslam wrote:
Never said there were any gimmies on our schedule. But I guarantee that most everyone including Hawaii and AFA andUNM had or have us penciled in as a win.

I think we are starting to turn some heads. That's all I'm saying.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

That Flea flicker was a good call. Had our TE made his block, we had not one but two WRs who were wide open and the would've been gone for the score. But all it takes is one player not doing their Assignment.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

kansasCowboy wrote:
Don't think today's game turned any heads in a good way.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

kansasCowboy wrote:That Flea flicker was a good call. Had our TE made his block, we had not one but two WRs who were wide open and the would've been gone for the score. But all it takes is one player not doing their Assignment.
Flea flickers, end arounds, other similar plays, these have not worked against worse teams, like FAU, Montana, and Air Force stuffed those. To think it would work against the best defense when we're already having issues with pass protection and QB pocket awareness was not a good call.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

calpoke25 wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:
If we did turn some heads today it was because of the smell.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

The flea flicker was a good call. One guy f-word it up. Even Millen said it would have gone big if their D hadn't made a great play. The difference between a good call and a bad call is execution. There are times where a bad call becomes good because of single effort and vice versa
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Cuttslam wrote:
calpoke25 wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:
We've been that way since 2000.

Jesus can we just win a goddamned conference championship just once before I'm dead of old age!!!! :roll: :tickedoff:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

kansasCowboy wrote:
Cuttslam wrote:
Never said there were any gimmies on our schedule. But I guarantee that most everyone including Hawaii and AFA andUNM had or have us penciled in as a win.

Not posing a threat is a gimmie in my book and I'll guarantee Hawaii or New Mexico didn't pencil in a win over anybody let alone Wyoming.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Wyokie wrote:
Cuttslam wrote:
calpoke25 wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:

Jesus can we just win a goddamned conference championship just once before I'm dead of old age!!!! :roll: :tickedoff:
Well, I guess it's a good thing that we're still 1-0 in conference play, and this game doesn't affect our chances at that.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

kansasCowboy wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
Cuttslam wrote:
calpoke25 wrote:
[i]kansasCowboy wrote: [/i]

Well, I guess it's a good thing that we're still 1-0 in conference play, and this game doesn't affect our chances at that.
This is my personal opinion, I think the play calling and effort today were a direct reflection of this comment. This game means absolutely nothing. There's little sense in getting beat up to still lose. Save ourselves for our ACTUAL season. Just my two cents.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
Cuttslam wrote:
calpoke25 wrote:
[i]kansasCowboy wrote: [/i]

This is my personal opinion, I think the play calling and effort today were a direct reflection of this comment. This game means absolutely nothing. There's little sense in getting beat up to still lose. Save ourselves for our ACTUAL season. Just my two cents.
Which is why it was probably a good call to keep Wick out most of the second half. But it was a disservice to not let him get 100 yards, and have few carries.
Case in point, had we made it a game by half, he would've played more. But he's healthy for conference play
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

While we all wish we had won today, none of us had this game as a win. Nor did we have Oregon as a win. The very best any of us figured we would be at this point is 3-2, and that's where we are. I too wish we would have been more competitive, and we utilized Wick more (I assume we'll hear he had some sort of injury, or who knows what that was all about), or that Brett didn't leave early... Even still, if we had Brett or Wick had more carries, etc., we would still be 3-2.

Right now it's hard to say what we have. We've won the games we could or should have won and lost the ones we all knew we were going to lose. So far the teams we've played have lost to:

Montana-North Dakota State & Wyoming
Air Force-Wyoming
Oregon-No one
FAU-Nebraska, Alabama & Wyoming
Michigan State-Oregon

In other words, the teams we've faced have only lost to some powerful teams or Wyoming. Maybe we've had a tougher schedule than we thought. The season needs to play out a little more for us to know where we stand. Right now, I feel we are in a good position. Record wise, we are at our realistic best case scenario, we have some time to heal & prepare, and it appears we can be competitive in our own conference going forward.

I'm still sticking by my winning record prediction and bowl game, which I feel will be a successful transition year. Today stings, but the future looks bright!
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

I honestly believe we would be 0-5 if DC was still coaching THIS team.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.