Thank god for the BYE Week. We have a legit chance at 5-2

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Wyo2dal wrote:Not that I like DC but if we have DC we have Brett Smith he left because DC was fired mainly. So I'm going to say we could easily be 3-2 just like we are but I think we sure as poop would have scored more than 10 TD's in 5 games.

We have given up 16 sacks on the season Brett would not have been sacked 16 times. So while our defense is miles above what it was last few years our offense is just bad. We are going to struggle beating everyone we beat there are no freebies on this schedule.
Mostly agreed. We may have had Jason Thompson instead. Not sure if Brett was going to stay or not. With Brett Smith this year, I bet the scores would have been quite a bit closer but we would have been 3-2. At the end of the day - we are 3-2.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

With Boise getting trounced by AFA, it looks like the rest of our games are winnable. There's no reason we can't win the MWC this year. We aren't favorites to win the league and we would have to play mistake free football for the rest of the season.

Still, look at the remaining schedule and tell me that all of these teams aren't beatable.

Bye week next week
@ Hawaii
San Jose
@ CockSUcker University
@ Fresno
Utah State
Bye week number two
Boise
@ New Mexico

The message: the title is up for grabs. Let's go get it. CSU, Boise, and Utah State look like the toughest game but we get Boise after a bye week and Boise/Utah State are in Laramie in November. CSU is a rivalry game. That ones going to be an extreme test of "Cowboy Tough".

I never thought I would say this, but I think we could end up in the MWC championship game this year(although it's not very likely).

Go Pokes.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Says a lot about how far the MWC has fallen though.

Also to note, BSU, despite being in the MWC for several years now, still does not prepare for the triple option, and is paying for it. So much for BSU's dreaded rush defense.

And Air Force fumbles it.
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

fromolwyoming wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:That Flea flicker was a good call. Had our TE made his block, we had not one but two WRs who were wide open and the would've been gone for the score. But all it takes is one player not doing their Assignment.
Flea flickers, end arounds, other similar plays, these have not worked against worse teams, like FAU, Montana, and Air Force stuffed those. To think it would work against the best defense when we're already having issues with pass protection and QB pocket awareness was not a good call.

Were you watching the game? We had a tight end WIDE open and had the block been made or Colby had one second to throw it would have been 6
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

AFA trouncing Boise has turned into 28-14 with six minutes left in the game. We'll see how it ends, but it looks like Boise is beatable this year.

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

4th and forever. BSU doesn't convert, game over.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Wow, flyboys cannot hang onto the ball.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

fromolwyoming wrote:Wow, flyboys cannot hang onto the ball.
But they were able to hang onto the win..,
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

kdwrightuwyo wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:Wow, flyboys cannot hang onto the ball.
But they were able to hang onto the win..,
Yep. And with that, we slide into 1st in the Mountain Division, being 1-0 in conference.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Wyokie wrote:
Cuttslam wrote:
calpoke25 wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:
I think we are starting to turn some heads. That's all I'm saying.
Don't think today's game turned any heads in a good way.
If we did turn some heads today it was because of the smell.
We've been that way since 2000.

Jesus can we just win a goddamned conference championship just once before I'm dead of old age!!!! :roll: :tickedoff:

with ya there!!!!!!!!!!!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

If you look at it from an NFL angle and consider the previous games pre-season, I like our chances heading into the season. Our "season outlook" is better than predicted.

The MWC is softer than expected and I think we are better. We have some issues to iron out and I think we will.

3-4 more wins isn't fantasy land by any means. Should be fun assuming Bohl and company actually progress. This is where we will see what kind of coaching staff we have. With steady improvement, we will be bowl eligible.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

I'm really wondering about CSU. They seem bad one week, and very solid the next. I guess the same goes for San Diego State.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote:If you look at it from an NFL angle and consider the previous games pre-season, I like our chances heading into the season. Our "season outlook" is better than predicted.

The MWC is softer than expected and I think we are better. We have some issues to iron out and I think we will.

3-4 more wins isn't fantasy land by any means. Should be fun assuming Bohl and company actually progress. This is where we will see what kind of coaching staff we have. With steady improvement, we will be bowl eligible.
And we're going into the regular season already having a 1-0 record!
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

As a reminder...
joshvanklomp wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:Any NDSU fans care to throw this stat out here?

Bohls record after a bye?
Bohls record after a bye when it is a road game?
10-1 in regular season, 3-0 on road
6-0 in playoffs (3-0 at neutral sites)
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Wyo2dal wrote:Not that I like DC but if we have DC we have Brett Smith he left because DC was fired mainly. So I'm going to say we could easily be 3-2 just like we are but I think we sure as poop would have scored more than 10 TD's in 5 games.

We have given up 16 sacks on the season Brett would not have been sacked 16 times. So while our defense is miles above what it was last few years our offense is just bad. We are going to struggle beating everyone we beat there are no freebies on this schedule.
I truly believe that if things stayed the way they were, Brett coulda had a field day against Oregon and we woulda given them even more than we did. In the 3 games I've been too, including Oregon, that was the best we looked all year. I just don't understand why we continue to look flat game in and game out, it's football, shouldn't you get it by now?? Or is the speed of the game just too much for many to handle???
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

stymeman wrote:

I truly believe that if things stayed the way they were, Brett coulda had a field day against Oregon and we woulda given them even more than we did. In the 3 games I've been too, including Oregon, that was the best we looked all year. I just don't understand why we continue to look flat game in and game out, it's football, shouldn't you get it by now?? Or is the speed of the game just too much for many to handle???
I actually agree and have said numerous times that I have nothing against Colby personally and don't mean to attack him as an athlete cause let's face it I'm typing on a keyboard and he is actually playing but he looks like a freshman every game.

My list of complaints, is too long. But let's just list the important ones of being a good QB.

You have to make the defense respect you, He doesn't do that in the least bit. Not once have you see an opposing team defender follow him after a hand off. Does he pump fake? almost 100% sure never seen one. He locks his eyes on one receiver and that is all she wrote.

Those 3 things make him useless in terms of gaining respect from the defense. Even if he just looked off 1 receiver it would change what a secondary has to do. His hand offs actually anger me, He just holds the ball out there for like 3 seconds hell by the time a back takes it they know it's not a fake.

If he was less robotic on his hand offs, Move the ball position it different turn to face the back ANYTHING that would make the defense second guess where the ball is going they wouldn't be able to stack the box with 8.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

This stat proves my theory that good staffs know how to utilize a bye week. Craig Bohl was 12-1 after a bye week at NDSU.

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... d6a3f.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

National Champions 1943.

I do.