9/27 College Games

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Not that the team x beat team y who did ______ is predictive of anything, but FWIW, Florida Atlantic (not FAMU :oops: ) beat UTSA. UTSA doesn't have a great record but played a lot of toughs; they gave Arizona a heck of a game. They also beat up on Houston and Houston gave BYU a pretty good game.

I realize that probably doesn't mean anything, but it will be interesting to follow Florida Atlantic.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

ragtimejoe1 wrote:Not that the team x beat team y who did ______ is predictive of anything, but FWIW, Florida Atlantic (not FAMU :oops: ) beat UTSA. UTSA doesn't have a great record but played a lot of toughs; they gave Arizona a heck of a game. They also beat up on Houston and Houston gave BYU a pretty good game.

I realize that probably doesn't mean anything, but it will be interesting to follow Florida Atlantic.
I've been somewhat trying to figure it out and can't come up with much. I'm only looking at this from a G5 side not a P5 side it gives a little more credibility to it.

Air force is 3-1 and has put up respectable points against everyone but us.

Florida Atlantic is 2-3 and has put up respectable numbers against everyone but us.

It's only two games and you can't take a lot from but I think with better players in a couple positions we would still be 3-2 but we would also be putting up 28-35 points a game instead of 16. So either FAU & AF both had poop games against us or our defense is better than we are giving them credit for because of the beat downs we took from top 10 teams.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Wyo2dal wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:Not that the team x beat team y who did ______ is predictive of anything, but FWIW, Florida Atlantic (not FAMU :oops: ) beat UTSA. UTSA doesn't have a great record but played a lot of toughs; they gave Arizona a heck of a game. They also beat up on Houston and Houston gave BYU a pretty good game.

I've been somewhat trying to figure it out and can't come up with much. I'm only looking at this from a G5 side not a P5 side it gives a little more credibility to it.

Air force is 3-1 and has put up respectable points against everyone but us.

Florida Atlantic is 2-3 and has put up respectable numbers against everyone but us.

It's only two games and you can't take a lot from but I think with better players in a couple positions we would still be 3-2 but we would also be putting up 28-35 points a game instead of 16. So either FAU & AF both had poop games against us or our defense is better than we are giving them credit for because of the beat downs we took from top 10 teams.
Outside of top 10 teams, our defense has done very well. Stopping the run, getting pressure into the backfield. Our secondary still has weaknesses, but our front seven has been very solid.

Also, maybe this will teach the BSU coaching staff to actually prepare for the triple option. Because if Air Force is able to run on you, you're not getting the ball back anytime soon.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

I agree with everything but getting pressure into the backfield we suck at that, not as bad as san jose but still 3 sacks in 5 games is poop.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Wyo2dal wrote:I agree with everything but getting pressure into the backfield we suck at that, not as bad as san jose but still 3 sacks in 5 games is poop.
Stats aren't everything. Take the Oregon game. No sacks, but we flushed their QB out several times (and he still made the play), never got a sack, but he was flushed out quite a bit. That is getting pressure into the backfield.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

fromolwyoming wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:I agree with everything but getting pressure into the backfield we suck at that, not as bad as san jose but still 3 sacks in 5 games is poop.
Stats aren't everything. Take the Oregon game. No sacks, but we flushed their QB out several times (and he still made the play), never got a sack, but he was flushed out quite a bit. That is getting pressure into the backfield.
We had pressure in the backfield a few times against Michigan State too... we just couldn't hold on to their QB and they got positive plays instead of sacks. :(

I'm sure Bohl will find adjustments we need to make all over the place, though.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

djm19 wrote:If you want a laugh, go check out the Utes board. (HORRIBLE site by the way. Layout is so crappy).

Anyhoo, they are straight up imploding over there. Love it.

http://utefans.net/list.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's one of the worst websites I've ever seen. Indeed a terrible layout.