BSU @ AF

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

I realize BSU had been down a little the last couple of years (compared to the records they had been used to), but when you get a whole new coaching staff and lose as many players as they did, I thought they might be down a little this season. I also was at the UW/AF game, and I was impressed with their (AF) defense, so I thought they might give BSU a game. Wyoming on the other hand had no place to go but up with their new coaching staff.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

I was impressed with AF against UW. Didn't think they would actually win vs. BSU, but I did think it would be a close game
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

The Bronco defense continues to be improved under Yates, but Harsin needs to quit on Hedrick already. 11 turnovers by one player 5 games into the season? Come on. Even Colby at his worst wouldn't do that. Things looked better when Finley got in there.

Replacing Moore is an impossible job, but Boise should do better than that at QB. BSU fans are counting the days until Rypien enrolls. They'll be fine long term, but this is a transitional season.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

can't be good all the time, it's someone else's turn, but for now I'll take it, been awhile since we were on top for anything football related in a long time
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time

In the rank'em threads on the mwcboard, quite a few posters are basically calling our win over Air Force a fluke and now ranking the flyboys ahead of us because of this win. Despite us shutting down Air Force's run game, winning the TO battle (Capt. Kirk had 0 TOs that game and we forced a fumble), and playing almost completely mistake free (I think 1 penalty all game while Air Force had quite a few).

As Rodney Dangerfield so famously said, "No respect!"
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times

fromolwyoming wrote:In the rank'em threads on the mwcboard, quite a few posters are basically calling our win over Air Force a fluke and now ranking the flyboys ahead of us because of this win. Despite us shutting down Air Force's run game, winning the TO battle (Capt. Kirk had 0 TOs that game and we forced a fumble), and playing almost completely mistake free (I think 1 penalty all game while Air Force had quite a few).

As Rodney Dangerfield so famously said, "No respect!"
This is very true - we'll see how it all ends up.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.