Message to current Wyoming players and coaches about Hawaii.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

The old school guys that remember the Hawaii series will tell you one thing: it's easy to lose there. It doesn't matter how good your team is or how bad theirs is. It's a long, poop flight to get there. The island is beautiful and very distracting. There are tempting things to do everywhere you look.

If you don't bring your mental "A" game to Hawaii, you will lose there. You have to have extreme focus from the moment you step off the plane until you leave the field.

I hope we've got enough old school guys in the program to spread this message amongst the players and coaches. Don't f-word around in Hawaii or you will lose, no matter how bad they are.

This is just a public service announcement from a guy that remembers the majority of the Hawaii series and several very good Wyoming teams losing to crappy Hawaii teams in Honolulu.

Thank you for your time.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

I think the secret is to fly into Hawaii just before the game (on a luxury charter where each seat is a sleep pod, as in first class intercontinental flights), land, go to the game, win. Then relax the following day on the beach. Take the same type of flight home late that night.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

If Woolsey plays, Wyoming wins. Period.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

J-Rod wrote:If Woolsey plays, Wyoming wins. Period.
And Norm Chow keeps on being a horse's ass!!!! :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Wyokie wrote:
So does Warblow! What did you do to make him hate Wyoming so much?
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

WYCowboy wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
So does Warblow! What did you do to make him hate Wyoming so much?
Beats me. He hardly ever posted on Sports Hawaii. Only thing I could think of would be me posting......

WYOMING 66, Hawaii 0

More times than I can count since I joined that board in 2004.

But that's just a guess.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time

Warblow is bad, but Nevada Convict is worse.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Hawaii, like Wyoming....has improved tremendously on defense. This will come down to Woolsey vs. Kirkegaard...and considering Woolsey consistently overthrows WRs by 10-15 yards, Colby gets the edge. I'd be shocked if Bohl loses to a Norm Chow football team.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:Hawaii, like Wyoming....has improved tremendously on defense. This will come down to Woolsey vs. Kirkegaard...and considering Woolsey consistently overthrows WRs by 10-15 yards, Colby gets the edge. I'd be shocked if Bohl loses to a Norm Chow football team.
J-Rod, doesn't Norm Chow have a great reputation as an offensive coordinator?
Isn't Hawaii his first Head Coaching job?

What if after he (presumably) gets fired as head coach at Hawaii, he came to Wyo as an OC (assuming Vigen is not living up to what we want) ?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

BeaverPoke wrote:
J-Rod wrote:Hawaii, like Wyoming....has improved tremendously on defense. This will come down to Woolsey vs. Kirkegaard...and considering Woolsey consistently overthrows WRs by 10-15 yards, Colby gets the edge. I'd be shocked if Bohl loses to a Norm Chow football team.
J-Rod, doesn't Norm Chow have a great reputation as an offensive coordinator?
Isn't Hawaii his first Head Coaching job?

What if after he (presumably) gets fired as head coach at Hawaii, he came to Wyo as an OC (assuming Vigen is not living up to what we want) ?
If Norm does get fired (& probably will), he'll probably just retire.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

BeaverPoke wrote: What if after he (presumably) gets fired as head coach at Hawaii, he came to Wyo as an OC (assuming Vigen is not living up to what we want) ?
You can begin to cry. Everything he touches becomes significantly worse. When he wakes up in the morning to pour himself a bowl of Cheerios, the moment he touches the box it morphs into the store brand.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

J-Rod wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote: What if after he (presumably) gets fired as head coach at Hawaii, he came to Wyo as an OC (assuming Vigen is not living up to what we want) ?
You can begin to cry. Everything he touches becomes significantly worse. When he wakes up in the morning to pour himself a bowl of Cheerios, the moment he touches the box it morphs into the store brand.
Much like Arroyo. How that twerp keep getting jobs is beyond me!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

we sure as hell aren't going there for a Vakay, get the job done!!!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Norm Chow, will replace DC at Utah...lol
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Hawaii has been much better than the Pokes YTD. Pokes will be underdogs in this one.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Hawaii has lost starting qb last I heard. I'm curious to see the line.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

Just hoping road test, in a never ending flight to grass skirts and surf doesn't turn into Poke road kill. This is a big game for us. Our D is going to have to play at a high level, and we have to win the turnover battle. I'm not getting good vibes on this game....Vigen has to call a good game.
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

This will be my first trip to Hawaii. We better not lose! My wife is worried that if the Pokes lose I will not enjoy the rest of the vacation... she is probably right.
I'm good for 3!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time

Cornpoke wrote:This will be my first trip to Hawaii. We better not lose! My wife is worried that if the Pokes lose I will not enjoy the rest of the vacation... she is probably right.
I don't know about that. Hawaii is a beautiful place. Very relaxing. Also, Pearl Harbor is a must see when going there.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote:
Cornpoke wrote:This will be my first trip to Hawaii. We better not lose! My wife is worried that if the Pokes lose I will not enjoy the rest of the vacation... she is probably right.
I don't know about that. Hawaii is a beautiful place. Very relaxing. Also, Pearl Harbor is a must see when going there.

it is a wonderful place to visit, Pearl was absolutely humbling, Honolulu's great, but I wish we woulda done more islands while over there, It's been over 14 years since I was there, and long to get back, was hoping this year but didn't work out, some day again!!